Tell me an Interesting Fact About Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shane McNair, May 1, 2017.

1. Julen

Julen ✮ Banter Squad Member ✮

I'd prefer to say something interesting about me that ain't obvious at this point.

But there's none of that B)

2. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

For my career in pharmacy I had to memorise almost everything about over 500 drugs.

Also I once got hit by a car hard enough that both my tibia and fibula bones in my left leg snapped in half at a 90 degree angle sideways. Ever since then I have a metal rod inside that leg acting as a support and making travel by air plane awkward.

WolfNightV4X1 and Yvvki like this.
  3. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Luckily for me Ive never been hit by a car but wow that must have been a bad time. But hey, at least you can afford to travel? lol.

4. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

What kind of comics do you read?

5. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

Definitely the most painful thing I ever experienced, wouldn't recommend it lol. Also no I dont travel much I'm still broke from college.

Yvvki likes this.
  6. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

I love eating cilantro

7. lycheefreeze

lycheefreeze A tiny soft

Hmm, I met Thomas Ackerman? The Director of Photography on Beetlejuice and Jumanji. Is that interesting?

A weird fact is I have never been able to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without dipping them in milk first.

8. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted Arwing pilot

I would say that's pretty interesting. I can still remember seeing Jumanji when it was in theaters. For some reason it scared the hell out of me back then, but I was only five years old at the time. *Shrugs* Then again, gigantic mosquitoes that can penetrate auto glass with their probosces are pretty damn scary. Maybe that was it? Some of the scenes in Independence Day the following summer had the same effect on me - like the scene with the alien at Area 51 and the part where Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum fly the captured spaceship to the alien mothership to nuke it. That had me on pins and needles. Ahh, nostalgia...lol.

Back on topic, and on a related note, I've seen Gary Sinise and Dog the Bounty Hunter in person. I also saw Willie Nelson in concert once, right in my home town. I got a T-shirt there with a silhouette of pot leaf on it and the caption "Willie Nelson First Aid" XD.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  9. lycheefreeze

lycheefreeze A tiny soft

Jumanji was pretty intense for kids, I don't blame you for getting scared.

That's super awesome!! I remember Gary Sinise in Of Mice and Men, I think that's the only thing I saw with him in it.

I got to see Linkin Park in concert, just after Chester filmed his parts in Saw VII.

10. OakenheelTheWolf

Watching jumanji as a kid I laughed whenever they were in danger... i was super weird.

11. Winslow

Winslow ✮ Banter Squad Member ✮

DC comics, Star Wars comics.. Usually pretty nerdy stuff.

Amiir likes this.
  12. I can make a sound on a piano

13. Multoran

Multoran Active Member

I'm a white cis male.
    My only redeeming quality is the fact that I'm gay.

Dongding likes this.
  14. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

I don't know if this is interesting (or just plain boring), but I haven't been on holiday in years (last time I went was many, many moons ago and it was with family), and tbh, I'm not really that bothered about travelling anyway...I don't even own a passport!

15. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

I have to remind myself that by "jelly", you're referring to what we call "jam" XD

Even though, STILL GROSS XD

lycheefreeze likes this.
  16. Bam_Bams

Bam_Bams Fur-real!

That is awesome!
    how amazing is the engineering that goes in to old sewing machines!

Old Fashioned likes this.
  17. Bam_Bams

Bam_Bams Fur-real!

Unlucky...

18. OakenheelTheWolf

When i was 3 i got a passport

19. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

That's cool ^^ Some of us just, y'know...don't have one! XD Never really needed one to be honest...:S I understand many travel for cultural enrichment, and that's awesome ~ personally I don't like the idea of travelling; it's not for everyone...*shrugs*

20. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

Me too! XD

21. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted Arwing pilot

What, you've never seen Forrest Gump?!

Yes, he was in that.

"Loo-tenant Dayan!"

lycheefreeze likes this.
  22. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

Not sure if being gay counts as a redeeming quality. :3

23. lycheefreeze

lycheefreeze A tiny soft

Oh man I think I saw that ages ago. And by 'saw' I mean I was in the same general area it was being played in and could sort of hear some dialogue..

24. Multoran

Multoran Active Member

By SJW logic, being a member of an oppressed minority is the only kind of redeeming quality.

Dongding likes this.
  25. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

By their hypocritical backwards "logic" you don't even have to be an oppressed minority, you just have to not be male, white or straight.

Last edited: May 28, 2017