The Crusade: Venture Into the Dark (Planning Thread for One-shot DnD adventure)

Discussion in 'The Tavern (RP Discussion)' started by Blue_Jay, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

Just a reminder, guys, we will be doing another session tomorrow at 8pm EST. Please let me know in advance if you won't be able to attend and we can try to decide on a new time.

Also, Jarren, did you change your roll20 name to Cryotoad?

2. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

Im really sick and i dont know if i can attend sorry

3. Jarren

Jarren Big, scaly, gun nut. Don't mind me

Yes, that's for some other games/groups for easier recognition. That's username basically everywhere else. Anywho, I'll be there for game tonight, but I might be a tad late (15-20 minutes).

4. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

Hey guys.
    So, someone told me a few days ago that they may not be available this week to game. I do not know if that is still true, but for the time being we will postpone until next week on Friday (24 March) at 8pm EST. Thanks for the heads up. And let me know if your schedules change or if there are any conflicts. See you later!

5. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 Jumping feet first into hell... seems like my job

Thanks for that... I've been meaning to tell you that this week is a no-go for me. I'll be having a normie friend over for the night (not to mention my character sheet is 12 hours drive away), and I don't care to do extra explaining

6. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

Just a reminder, guys, I'm planning to have another session tonight at 8pm EST. Please let me know if you won't be able to attend.

7. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

Hey guys.
    I'm planning on holding another session on roll20 this coming Friday at the usual time, 8pm EST. Please let me know if you'll be unable to attend.

In the meantime, in order to advance the plot forward without having to wait for everyone to gather for each session, I'll give you guys the option to post your characters' intentions/interactions here. So this will turn into both a chat-based RP and a play-by-post, at least until everyone is caught up.

Currently, Ulfang and Udo are discussing their next move with Lord Theon, probably getting ready to head back into the caverns to finish off Zorn the dreaded wight.

Meanwhile, Osmo and Markus have engaged the town in a literal witchhunt for the necromancer. They have also hired a bounty hunter named Urma to aid them in their search.

The Orthodox Army will arrive to town after a day and a half. The town is bustling once more, with renewed hope and terrifying zeal. What will the party do now?

8. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Something has come up and I won't be able to attend today. Really sorry about that :/

9. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

That's fine, Sara. Thank you for the heads up.

10. Jarren

Are we still on for tonight, or are we putting this thing on hold?

11. Sarachaga

I really can't tonight. Sorry for saying that this late :/

12. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

I am SO sorry for the late response. Something came up yesterday and I forgot to tell you all that I couldn't make it.

Anyways, that makes three weekends in a row where we weren't able to game. Are you guys still interested in keeping this going?

13. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

I'm finally back home and able to type on a keyboard! Again, I'm sorry for flaking, guys. I'm usually better about giving players the heads up before cancelling a game.

So I've spoken to Jarren and Sarachaga, and they said that they were interested in keeping the game going at least until its resolution. To that end I've given them the option of continuing to RP here in this thread in between sessions, at least until the party got back together, because otherwise it'd be awkward trying to coordinate that sort of thing with people not showing up to sessions. But that hasn't happened yet. And I haven't heard from the other players in (I think) two weeks. This leads me to believe that its time for the game to draw to a close.

Which is fine! My overall goal was to experiment with a particular still of DMing and to provide a fun experience for you all, and for the most part I think that I succeeded! This was supposed to be a one-shot that lasted a couple of weeks but ended up being stretched over several months, and I think that's pretty awesome in itself. So if we decide to close it here then I am fine with that. I'd like for you all to let me know what your intentions are, either here in the thread or in private. Please try to contact me within the week, though. It can a simple yes or no if you'd like.

Thank you guys so much! I immensely enjoyed myself, and I think that I would like to do this again in the near future, with a much more developed campaign. And, of course, I'm still willing to finish out this storyline as well. Let me know what your thoughts are. Feedback is always welcome.

14. Sarachaga

I'd like to keep going, especially if the others are willing to .

15. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

Thanks for the reply, Sara.

It's been almost a week and I've only heard from one person so far. So there will be no game tonight. And if I don't hear from anyone else by Sunday then we'll call it quits for now and I'll wrap up the story.

16. Jarren

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I guess I missed the notification when the thread updated. It does look like Sarachaga and I are the only ones still around though...

17. Blue_Jay

Blue_Jay Member

Hey guys. Happy Easter.
    So far I've have heard from Sarachaga and Jarren. Which is fine, I think. Personally I do not mind running a game with only two people. If you guys are okay with this then we can continue with the Bryford story and hopefully finish it up. If the two of you would rather wait until we get more players, or plan for a different story arch, then let me know.

One thing I have to mention is that I am coming up on the end of my school semester, so in the next couple of weeks I will likely not be available, due to me having to study extra hard. Unfortunately this does not leave me a whole lot of time to plan table top games. Thankfully, though, I will be graduating soon and taking an extended vacation from school, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem from May onwards. But we'll see. I'll let you know if that changes.

Udoshi and Crimson, please let me know if you are still interested in playing. If you are not, then that's fine. I genuinely enjoyed playing with you guys and hope to do this again sometime.