There's nothing illegal on the site, right?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by imnotemo2005, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imnotemo2005

imnotemo2005 New Member

To be honest, this is probably just my over-sensitive conscience making me ask, but I just wanted to clarify that there's nothing that would be considered 'illegal' on the site (at least, not illegal in the majority of the US). The recent hack made me a bit anxious. I've read the submission guidelines and the like, but admittedly I'm not incredibly familiar with laws. I've seen some drawings of 'baby furs' that make me a little uncomfortable, but then I think, well they're not real, you know? No real animals or people are shown on the site, for the most part. And I think I even read something in the rules about it being against the site rules to post anything that involves underage x-rated stuff, which I'm glad for. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure!

2. Zipline

Zipline Noodle Fish

We may mention things that make some people uncomfortable but we do not post anything that is actually illegal. The refs would take it down anyway. I have seen/posted a real animal in a few forums. One was a chicken wearing sunglasses. Just keep an open mind and do not take the jokes too seriously and you will have a fun time.

imnotemo2005 likes this.
  3. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

imnotemo2005 likes this.
  4. imnotemo2005

imnotemo2005 New Member

Great, thank you both!

SSJ3Mewtwo likes this.
  5. Ciderfine

Ciderfine Slow as sickness but true as sap

Unfortunately the answer is a bit of yes and no.
    Without a doubt we have users who spam illegal or unethical content that breaks the TOS and AUP but that does not make the sites nature illegal. Mods and site staff can only work so fast to remove and act accordingly to control such content.

Is the site illegal in nature? No
    Are people who wish to abuse the system uploading illegal content sometimes regularly? Yes.

6. Belatucadros

Belatucadros The forum birb!

You just dug up an old fossil, my friend.

Don't wake up threads that have been dead for over year, let them rest in peace :)

Yakamaru likes this.
  7. Jarren

Jarren You can't just quote yourself! -Me

Hey, it's Halloween. We should expect some of the dead to come back to life.

8. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

lol the user was applying to threads from 2016 i said "hey don't do that man" they went off on a tangent then when some one else started doing the same thing they're now enacting "delete everything"

9. Ciderfine

I do not recall any rules on the age of posts in the forum,

You cannot humanize or personify a topic of words by age. Questions are asked, there are only answers endless over the course of time.

10. Wolveon

Wolveon I swear I will not kill anyone

But.. The question has already been answered, so why bother?

Yakamaru and Simo like this.
  11. Ciderfine

Has it been answered up to date with today's issues of illegal content, spamming and unethical online use of today?

If your asking someone is twitter or some other site, perhaps lets use DA for example of well know art sites since FA is an art site of the same category, if your asking someone is DA illegal in anyway. Well you've got an issue you need to address on many levels, the first being why a website that is successful and allowed in democratic use or in blue countries be considered illegal at all.

The wording makes me think the user or at some kind of fear or risk that some part of the site is illegal, maybe the user wishes to avoid something, is concerned or curious. But if any legal website is asked if it is illegal there are some serious questions you have to ask and find answers to why such a worry is being asked.

And to sum it all up, the question sadly isn't answered. This site is so prone to change and social rabid outrage of one or two users that it tends to ignore the real issues of other people abusing the site. Why bother? Because there are no real answers only our opinions that generate the course of what is allowed to be our answers. And my reply was my answer, not the 80% majority of an answer but an answer to what I have seen and lived with on this site.

The site is legal, but its the "Evil" users who upload illegal content. It's a very important dual notice for a reply. COC does NOT stop people from uploading that stuff, you have to have someone write a Trouble ticket and wait for the thing to be taken down. We get it, trolls happen but a bulletin of rules doesn't stop people from doing things, only those who respite the rules follow them.

12. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

Spooky!

[​IMG]

Yakamaru, Jarren and Ciderfine like this.
  13. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

Locking this due to Necro.

Belatucadros and Jarren like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.