Thoughts on Reddit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lupi900, Apr 20, 2017.

1. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Since i used reddit mainly for paranormal stories, but beyond that my god is it so stupid don't know why i bothered. The userbase is pretty much worthless on allot subs, youtubers have ditched there subs because of them being really toxic. Others subs had to ban/tighten rules on people turning everything into politics and much more.

Yakamaru likes this.
  2. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Call me stupid but I have no idea how to use reddit, sometimes I pop in for funny pics and stories but I havent the faintest of what to do with it

PlusThirtyOne and Yakamaru like this.
  3. TheRealKingKoopa

TheRealKingKoopa Pixel Junkie

I mean, it depends on what subreddits you find. The userbase is pretty diverse once you get away from the default subs. /r/furry (regular furry sub) and /r/furry_irl (furry memes) are a couple of the better furry communities I've seen around.

That being said, I do spend a lot of time on /r/SubredditDrama because yes, redditors can be stupidly argumentative at times and you can derive some crazy schadenfreude from it when you no longer take it seriously.

Yakamaru likes this.
  4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Ah yes, Reddit.

Frankly, I don't have much of an opinion on it. I use it from time to time as a good collection of sources.

Useful at times, I guess?

5. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

I lurk.
    Some reddits are good timesinks, some reddits are cancer.

Yakamaru likes this.
  6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Some reddits are just pure awesome to read, yanno. Get a good laugh.

7. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

Yup.

Also, the reddit museum of filth stands to be one of my most favorite things ever. Not really a subreddit, but still counts.

Yakamaru likes this.
  8. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

It's in the top ten most visited websites on the internet and thus spans the breadth of human genius and stupidity. I myself pay a visit to r/talesfromtechsupport every now and then.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  9. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Another thing i find funny is how few of the drama/cringe subs are worse than people they mock. They post few troll post's at /r/furry, harass people at /r/justunsubbed & more.

10. PoptartPresident

PoptartPresident A teen chatter box

Never tried it.
    Although I've personally never really heard anything good coming from it

11. biscuitfister

biscuitfister Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?

I just spam my youtube channel on it

12. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

Depends what subreddit

13. spacerogue

spacerogue New Member

I post once in a rare blue moon (usually answering people's questions) but I'm too stupid to figure out how to make a topic or share art on it.

Not to mention you really have to watch out, a lot of the times these people think that posting your own work is spam.

14. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

The default mods are worthless pretty much.

It's just full of morons that can't handle any opinion different from them or become pricks when you call out there stupidity. I stopped posting at /r/furry & gaming subs because of how easy it is to come back at -8 karma for dumb reasons. I had to report a user who went autistic's shouldn't be furries like me.

15. TayMalerei

TayMalerei Weeb Trash

Oh man I spend so much time on Reddit. A lot of it is reading stories on /r/askreddit but every now and then I like to scroll through my front page cuz you can find good stuff on there. A lot of the community isn't very furry friendly, though.

16. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Maximor_Bloodpanda The True Anti-Conformist

Look at the Encyclopedia Dramatica page for it, that's what I think of reddit.

A lame site with an ugly interface, and a community that is nothing but a circlejerk of hipster assholes, liars, self-important twats, self-righteous whores, fucktard white knights who think they have any authority, bots that spam crap and are used for moderation, absolutely unhelpful perras, tech kiddies who think they are hackers (They are not, they never will be), misogynists, femi-nazis, and more kinds of the worst people on the internet.

Those are my thoughts on reddit.

17. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

I don't even know what Reddit is! XD

18. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

The whole site is a self-unware shitshow, Reddit was a laughing stock when a alt right sub banned a user for making a cat girl comic & other subs were crying about furries. I gave up using the gaming subs because nobody there can have a discussion without sounding like there 12 or just mass downvote(mostly by bots).

Maximor_Bloodpanda likes this.
  19. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

It's useful if you know how to get use out of it and what it's good for. Like any other site.

20. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

It really depend's on the subreddit, like for example the main audiophile sub is full of dense touchy people that cry when lossy codecs are criticized. Every time i bring up artists like Merzbow, metal and electro have allot of unfixable killer samples, I'm just straight up insulted and demand proof.

While ignoring threads at hydrogenaudio that deal with killer samples with 30's samples.