Thoughts on Reddit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lupi900, Apr 20, 2017.

1. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Defaults suck, most smaller subs are either dead or hostile cliques, The admins won't deal with toxic subs unless it embarrasses them publicly. My page was mostly gaming, furry sub and few others that were garbage.

Saying how I'm posting on the wrong subs or how big it is doesn't change the site a joke. I've on there under few accounts for 3 years so I'm not those that ran off after getting -8 on there first comment.

2. rocketseal

rocketseal Member

I got a vague feeling that I liked reddit, and now I can't escape. It's been 5 years now...
    I really like it for reviews and recommendations! For some reason I trust people there more than on the general internet.

3. spacerogue

spacerogue New Member

I'v dealt with an audiophile teacher IRL, it was a pretty horrible experience. This seems to fit his personality so I bet hed like the place.

4. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

I know a audiophile mod on another furry forum. Got nasty when told 16/44 is all we need while her defending 24bit at either 96 or 192.

5. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

I used to be very active on it. You really have to search for good subreddits if you don't want to waste your time imo.

6. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

Reddit isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. It's more of a digital decentralized newspaper than anything, with each subreddit beimg equivalent to a different specific section in the paper. Want to hear just about technology, go to r/technology, just furry art? r/furry. The subs for games make it easy to stay up to date on progress, etc,

Sure, the comments can be cancerous at times, some communities are absolutley toxic, some mods are assholes and the random policitcal feuds are annoying as hell, but it's still A LOT better than Facebook imo. Fuck having to associate online accounts with your IRL identity. FB causes way too much drama and fighting online and offline. My friends and family have my email and cell if they need to contact me. Otherwise I prefer the pseudonomity that Reddit provides.

7. psychonautic

psychonautic "It's fun to stay alive"

When I first joined I hung around the major subs and everyone was an asshole. I used to enjoy learning things in r/wtf, but then they banned all the interesting stuff.

Nowadays I only linger in the small 1-5posts a day subs on occasion. The people in them are much more friendly and chill.

8. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

I alway's love when subs cry nobody takes them seriously or why people never stay long. I've asked questions on the furry and few gaming/tech subs with no replies with my thread at 0 or below that. I saw two threads at /r/Furry of a user calling that out why nobody stay's, everyone who commented were immature piss asses proving his point.

I'm thinking of joining other tech forums since Reddit's are just poorly run dumps full of know it all teen's/neckbeards.