To NSFW or not to NSFW: That is the Question

Discussion in 'Art & Illustration' started by Zeny, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Yoshitaka

Yoshitaka Aspiring amateur artist

I specifically joined FA because I wanted to explore stuff outside the norm. Also trying to disconnect my profile here with my other accounts from other sites. The great thing about FA is that its has artists who dabble in such

2. MissNook

MissNook New Member

Well I'm doing both NSFW and SFW drawings. I decided to seperate one of my account to be totally SFW since I knew there were minor watchers among them and I didn't want them to find those pictures in an account that was just for SFW things for years. Also I was a moderator at that time on an artist's forum and since I was the one to keep people from putting 18+ stuff on the forum, that just couldn't do ;)
    But well I'm glad now have an NSFW account on a specialized site and a furry account here. I'm the kind of people to think each kind of public deserves a specific attention, so I will post furries arts (lewd or not) here, lewd art (furry or not) in my NSFW account, SFW art (furry or SFW version of NSFW too) in my SFW account.
    And I've done NSFW mainly because that's fun for me and the community is great. I wanted to improve my anatomy skills and that is going well. And I think I'm more open-minded now than before and that's really cool too ^^

3. Zeny

Zeny Member

Ahh yeah FA is definitely a good outlet for unusual interests/

4. Zeny

Zeny Member

So three accounts? That's not bad! I think I'll end up having 3 accounts with similar content as well haha

5. Butt_Ghost

Butt_Ghost Caffeine-based lifeform.

NSFW is meh/fine, I know a decent amount of people that have been completely transparent about drawing/posting it that have game, animation or film industry jobs and haven't had any issue despite their NSFW work being easily connected to their professional profile.
    That said, none of their stuff could be described as "Fetishy" and I think that tends to be the distinction. Regular artists and industry pros by extension don't tend to be put off by "normal" NSFW but if it's Furry then it's definitely worth keeping separate if your career goals involve studio-based creative work. The association between "Furry" and "Nasty, fetishy stuff" is so strong that, really, if you're looking at most full time, paycheck type creative industry jobs and you're really, truly that worried about your online presence hurting your chances of employment then there should be as little of a connection between your professional profile and any involvement in the Furry community as possible.

LadyFromEast likes this.
  6. Zeny

Zeny Member

It's kind of sad that just creating furry centered content can be taken as a sign of unprofessional habits. I suppose it all has to do with the industry and employer however.

7. BloodyBonez87

BloodyBonez87 New Member

I do nsfw stuff on my own time, but I never post them. not worth the risk. I'm still in high school, but even if I could get views from them
    (another non-professional here), it could still stain my record later on. I want to be a computer programmer, and I would assume that that is
    a very uptight business-like profession.

8. MissNook

MissNook New Member

Well it's not about being uptight (since I was a computer programmer for years, I know it depends on the firm you work for), it's about how people know how to search things from the net. But well, your worse ennemies for those kind of job are your social networks. Pay attention to that first.