Uh...

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Reserved_Krolik, Oct 24, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reserved_Krolik

Reserved_Krolik Active Member

What's with all the spam threads, suddenly, for male enhancement, and protein and such? Is there a report button?

2. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

maybe they just assume furries need male enhancements?

Ravofox likes this.
  3. Open_Mind

Open_Mind Well-Known Member

Happens every morning, the moderators clean them out later. Annoying, but harmless. Wouldn't suggest clicking any of those links unless you want the same mess in your own inbox.

4. Ginza

Ginza Unironically Ironic

The report button is right next to the time stamp at the bottom of a post.

However, there's really no point in reporting them. There's way too many and they constantly appear. Personally, I think it's a sign that better security and moderating is needed..

Naresie and Yakamaru like this.
  5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

^ This basically.

6. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

Staff keep the spam filter settings updated, and Dragoneer is looking into other measures to cut the problem down.

Sadly, it's a bit of an arms race, between the spambot programmers and people who work on countering. As many measures are put in place to halt their accounts getting through the registration process and becoming active, the programmers create their own circumvents. When staff log in, we can see the threads that have been set up by bots which made it through, but we can also see the number of bots which have been caught and prevented from doing anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.