Underrated classics thread

Discussion in 'PC and Console Gaming' started by PencilBrain, May 19, 2017.

1. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Post a game for any console you would consider underrated,burried or forgoten by the general gaming public
    Screenshots if you like.
    This thread will be for anyone looking to find a good game to play or to tell others about an odd or forgoten gem that you think may interest people in your opinion ill get the format going so just copy me.

Original Xbox:
    Sudeki: an action rpg where you play as 4 characters jumping between parallel worlds. Some characters are 1st person shooter combat and some are 3rd person combat. Very good story and a truly Underrated classic on the pc and original xbox.

2. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Faxanadu on Famicom/NES.
    it's a side-scrolling Metroidvania that's just as cryptic and back-tracky as Castlevania2. You can find updated romhacks that do a better job of translating the game but the original can't be that bad if 5 year old me could finish it. it has a great chiptune soundtrack and solid gameplay. it's one of those games i replay at least once every couple of years and never gets old. Really disappointed there wasn't a sequel; and no, the other Xanadu games DO NOT COUNT.

GigaBit and kidchameleon like this.
  3. ACaracalFromWork

ACaracalFromWork Forgive, forget and live!

Re volt is one of my favorite racing games from N64 times and poeple seem to fail to capture is flare when they make their own RC racing game
    the game is not dead oddly enough it has a small mod base on the internet and a small dev team even put the game on the Iphone.

PlusThirtyOne likes this.
  4. real time strategist

real time strategist "What's an airport, again?"

Star control 2 is forgotten (If you are looking to play it, download UrQuan masters, it's free and it has all of the things the 3do version added) it is such a good game, the aliens are interesting and the gameplay is fun, it's just mostly forgotten. This game will blow your mind because of the detail and polish and character, and this game is somehow from the 90's, seriously, give it a shot, especially that it's free now.

5. PlusThirtyOne

i made SO many mods and skins for that game. Easiest pc game in history to modify. Anyone with even the most basic of MSPaint skills could make custom cars and paint jobs. i think i must have made AT LEAST 5 or 6 skins for each car. One for every videogame character or cartoon show i could think of.

Also, the soundtrack screams of 90s EDM. Good stuff!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    ACaracalFromWork likes this.
  6. ACaracalFromWork

ACaracalFromWork Forgive, forget and live!

have you guys played lego rock raiders ahhh good times,

yea I enjoyed revolts music too

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  7. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

Not sure if you've played a game called Urban Chaos: Riot Response on the PS2. You play as a sort of SWAT team operative, fighting a gang that commits acts of domestic terrorism in your city. This game is so much fun, and the story isn't too bad either. I hate that this never continued on and made more games, it's interesting that the enemies are domestic terrorists instead of Russians, Middle Eastern, Nazis, etc. and it has some interesting mechanics, like how you can choose whether to incapacitate enemies or kill them, which unlocks other levels that help you earn special weapon upgrades that can aid you as the game increases in difficulty.

I really wish this game would get some sort of digital re-release, as it's hard to find a working copy anymore. But I don't think it's popular enough to warrant one.

8. INCtastic

INCtastic Digimon Poster

Vagrant Story for PS1
    Super awesome adventure role play gqme with unique and cool combat - interesting story and awesome music
    Playing this as a child will make you get addicted to the satisfying clonks of metal boots on stone steps :B it did to me

9. Beatle9

Another one I just remembered going through my old PS2 games is Stuntman Ignition. I think this was the first game I went out of my way to complete 100%. This is another one that should have gotten a sequel. The game is just as the title says, you're a stuntman shooting action scenes for different movies, doing your best to string as many stunts together as you can, you even get to watch a trailer for the movie you shot the stunts for at the end of each one.

10. h.g.pup

h.g.pup tired artist

I've got a crap ton that come to mind but usually these few come to mind when i think of forgotten gems of games that i always try to recommend to people

first one is slave zero an old 90's cyberpunk third person shooter that while a bit annoying to get run on modern pc is still pretty fun if you just want a simple run and gun experience were your a giant robot. alongside that i just have an extreme love of old low poly polygonal graphic there just something about it that i just really love visually.
    [​IMG]

Second would be tail concerto cause of the low Poly graphic and it just be a cute and charming little game about a police dog catching a bunch of cat pirates
    [​IMG]

and lastly gotcha force for the GameCube a team based area fighter were a bunch of kid find these toy like alien robots and bon with them and battle it out against the evil robots, it got a awsome number of little robots to chose from that can range from ningas to gunship to robot and all have a bunch of fun design to them, along with simple gameplay twiks. my only regret about this game is while it was one of my childhood favs i some how lost the game disk but i have the case only problem is that it now cost about 200 to 300 dollars, maybe one day i be able to replay it.... one day.
    [​IMG]

anyway sorry for the long post, hope these sound interesting enough for ya to look'em up and check them out.

11. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Damaged from the whole DRIV3R-Gate scanadal, the next game in its series, Driver: Parallel Lines wasn't that good of a seller. I thought it was a pretty nice game (even though it was sort of hard not to compare it to GTA: San Andreas) and enjoyed it a lot in my early teen years, even though a couple of the gameplay choices weren't that well thought out. Here's the boxart:
    [​IMG]

12. PlusThirtyOne

Looks like fun to me! :V

Realtalk, tho...

13. FluffyShutterbug

OMG... The glitches in DRIV3R... My favorite one is a hole in grass texture next to the parking garage at Nice's airport. You'd fall into blue hell and land on this random patch of grass underground. You'd have to do it in a car, otherwise you'd be killed from the fall. My brother and I called this secret place "The Sinkhole Club"... XD
    And, awesome video from Guru Larry. ;)

14. MinhtheMage

MinhtheMage Closet Furry

Underrated games? I can name a few... Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, Zelda II, and Link Between Worlds. Also, Minecraft doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.

15. coldbrew

coldbrew Actually drinks coldbrew now.

Omg I loved that game to bits! I remember playing until my palms hurt like heck. The comedy was spot on too, and the stunts were pretty awesome. I'll never forget the director who uses real lava on the set because "CGI is too expensive" XD

Beatle9 likes this.
  16. Simo

Simo Skunk

My all time fave game! Maybe not so much under-rated, as a bit obscure?

Pocky and Rocky!

[​IMG]

Have not played video games much past the super-Nintendo/N64, though, the more realistic they got, it made me lose interest. Guess I might check out some of the retro looking games coming out, though.

17. FluffyShutterbug

Why can't that cyoot raccoon be Player 1? ;-;

Simo likes this.
  18. MinhtheMage

MinhtheMage Closet Furry

Another game that doesn't have a big enough following is Kingdom of Loathing. I highly recommend you all give it a try.

19. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

The nostalgia was enough for me to pirate a copy of it when I was in university. Still have it installed on my laptop even.

In recent years, I've kind of joked about it being the precursor to a Minecraft RTS, since you mine caves for resources, build stuff with said resources, and fight monsters.

As for other games, I can't go without mentioning Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.
    There's also Moon Tycoon, where you're in charge of running lunar and asteroid colonies.

Beatle9 likes this.
  20. Beatle9

Oh wow! I forgot about Moon Tycoon! I had a lot of fun with that, despite the fact I wasn't very good at it. They should really re-release that game sometime.