Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zabrina, Jul 29, 2013.

1. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

Pay to win versions are even worse. Any teamwork and tactics go completely out the window.

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  2. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

At the very least, the current iteration of FPS shooter, which is the modern military variety of "gritty realism" and weapon sidegrades that don't offer much in the way of different play styles beyond minor stat tweaks.

I remember Bulletstorm's marketing campaign taking the piss at this with their Call of Duty parody.

3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Logically chaotic and twice as charming

Game journalism is going down the drain.

Take Polygon's "gameplay" of the newest DOOM game, as a recent example. The fuck kind of "gameplay" is this? It looks like the player playing it is completely new to games not to mention FPS games. Barely moves and shoots at the same time, often even missing, despite being in the monster's face. Seriously. It's like the one playing was missing both his/her arms and was playing with his/her tongue or something.

You can clearly see he/she are completely new to gaming in general by the video. Now, here's the thing: You don't review a book when you are illiterate do you? So why are you reviewing games when you suck at playing them or don't even have any experience with them in general?

Answer: You don't. And yet..

Polygon video in question:

I could write about Hollywood and it going down the drain too, but meh. Too lazy.

4. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

Dean Takahashi's Cuphead gameplay was even more shameful than the Doom gameplay tbh.

Yakamaru likes this.
  5. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Can somebody please explain exactly what Cuphead is?

6. KimberVaile

Best game of 2017.

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  7. KimberVaile

In all seriousness, it's a run n gun platformer with 1930's rubberhose animation, and if I had not made it evident, I like it a fair bit.

8. FluffyShutterbug

'Nuff said, I guess. Lol! XD
    Neat~!

9. FluffyShutterbug

Uhhh.... You do know that if nukes are launched at North Korea, they WILL retaliate. Would you really want to see Los Angeles or New York City nuked?

10. Junkerfox

Junkerfox SCRAM!

That little sawed off bastard still cant reach the west coast. Fry em early so they wont be able to hit us

11. Lunar Man

Lunar Man Cosmic Uncertainty

California is going downhill--quickly. Hell, I don't even know if that's an unpopular opinion anymore.

12. FluffyShutterbug

Uhh... If you say so. Slowly backs away and slips out the door.

Akartoshi and Lunar Man like this.
  13. Junkerfox

Junkerfox SCRAM!

They're the reason we have warning labels on everything. Well, them and Florida too.

14. Lunar Man

That's a fact long-known, but have you seen the state of the state now?

15. Junkerfox

Junkerfox SCRAM!

Im afraid i dont want to

Yakamaru and Lunar Man like this.
  16. Junkerfox

Junkerfox SCRAM!

I've got more unpopular opinions than a dictionary has words

17. Lunar Man

If you have anger issues, then you don't want to.

Junkerfox likes this.
  18. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Logically chaotic and twice as charming

Oh yes. It was outright insulting. I used DOOM because the franchise is known by a lot of people.

And now these fuckers want to make games easier because they suck at them.

....I have seen some of the more recent crap coming out of California. Lets just say I am glad I live in Europe.

aloveablebunny and Lunar Man like this.
  19. ChapterAquila92

I'd be hard-pressed to see North Korea reach LA, let alone NYC, with their current ICBMs. Maybe some Alaskan town at the furthest, but that'd be a waste of a nuke as is.

In truth, they present a nuclear risk akin to that of Pakistan, which for all their sabre-rattling is a rather localized problem limited to neighbouring countries. Of course, unlike Pakistan, North Korea's immediate nuclear shadow doesn't fall on a neighbouring nuclear power but rather on a handful of non-nuclear nations, backed by a distant nuclear power that vastly outreaches them for the time being.

I thus find it more plausible at this point in time that a North Korean "second-strike" retaliation won't involve nuking the US, but rather South Korea and Japan instead. This is actually more worrisome, as it would result in a much higher body count than a direct retaliation against the US, and it stands within reason that both South Korea and Japan, who I'd expect to be aware of this threat, would consider the development of adequate anti-missile defenses to be in their best interests for survival.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Yakamaru and FluffyShutterbug like this.
  20. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

Might want to look into the militarized Taepodong-3 system. It's more than capable of hitting both coasts, if we just watched it fly. Still, I wouldn't worry about it given flight times, and subsequent time to intercept with a variety of tactics.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  21. ChapterAquila92

Fair point.

22. Telnac

Telnac Fundamentalist Heretic

More like a simple statement of fact. This state is too big IMO. We should have long ago split into Northern & Southern California (maybe Central CA too!)

GarthTheWereWolf likes this.
  23. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Current console gaming is a walking joke compared to PC gaming. It takes a 1050ti/i3/8GB specd rig to game at 1080p60 at better settings. More games are skipping them instead of butchering them to work on consoles.