Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zabrina, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Lcs

Lcs Woof

Protectionism and trickle-down economics need to go back down the dark abyss they came from. Same goes with the alt-right, particularly individuals like Stephen Bannon and Paul Joseph Watson who should have never been relevant in the first place.

Also, I'm starting to take a liking to some members of Trump's cabinet, such as Jared Kushner, Rex Tillerson, James Mattis, H. R. McMaster and Gary Cohn. I also like how Trumps administration is being tough on North Korea, though I'm still no fan for most of what he's tried to do domestically.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  2. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Vulpine Photographer

You know... I think that's a rather good attitude to have. The election was rough, and I'm in no way, shape or form a GOP-er, but it's gonna be a long 4 years if you don't find at least something to like (or be OK with) in the new administration. Although I'll never like Trump, I think I could at least come to terms with what happened and not have such a bleak outlook on things like many of my friends do.

Yakamaru and Lcs like this.
  3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru No "Awooo'ing" allowed

Some people I've met are outright hostile towards me for being a Trump-supporter from Norway. And boy is it fun to watch!

Though I do find Elon Musk a good pick.

4. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

Norway? Would never have guessed.

Yakamaru likes this.
  5. Yakamaru

Well, believe it or not, it's a fact. :p

6. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Scandinavian twink, huh?

7. Yakamaru

Twink?

8. Lcs

Lcs Woof

Yeah I can mostly agree with that last bit. If there are things to be found that are beneficial about something, then they shouldn't be totally ignored as if they don't exist. For me, as long as he continues to fail with the super controversial stuff (like his attempted changes to healthcare and the travel ban), then I can live with him. And, like I said earlier, I'm beginning to take a liking to parts of his cabinet and some aspects of his foreign policy.

That said, he's still done damage to the EPA, has appointed some absolute nutters to his cabinet, is ridiculously unprofessional himself and spreads around conspiracy theories. I'm also scared of his rhetoric on tariffs and immigration. Keeping all this in mind, I think it's important to not be totally complacent.

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  9. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Busting your ballz a bit. haha

10. FluffyShutterbug

Righto! Don't be complacent. But, also make lemonade out of lemons if you can. :)

Lcs likes this.
  11. FluffyShutterbug

I still don't know why I haven't heard jack diddly squat about Musk in the U.S. media.

12. Yakamaru

Lol, wut?

The Left-wing media doesn't report on things that doesn't fit their narrative, in other words, good moves, shit that's good that Trump and his administration does, etc. They hang up on completely petty, insignificant and pointless crap, rather than tell the truth as it is. The Right-wing media is also biased in that they leave out shit that's negative and doesn't fit THEIR narrative, though to a lesser degree.

13. FluffyShutterbug

By the way, Yakamaru. What do you think is the most trustworthy news source? Ever since I talked to you, I've noticed an alarming amount of "pie-in-the-sky" stories out of the left-wing outlets that I followed.

Yakamaru likes this.
  14. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

I joke that the mighty vikings of Scandinavia are now leftist twinks.

Yakamaru likes this.
  15. estiniens

estiniens stargazer

I think most people on the left (which I guess I more or less consider myself a part of) need to shut the fuck up and get back in their hidey-hole if they have nothing to contribute to the conversation besides 'THIS IS REALLY OFFENSIVE STOOOOOOOOOOP' and people are overreacting way too much to stuff.

16. FluffyShutterbug

Lol... I never expected so many furs to be right-wingers. :p It's official. This is the greatest fandom ever. (I'm a left-winger, btw...)

17. Yakamaru

Don't fully trust ANY news outlet, especially not when there's often, if not always, things that are left out in terms of information. Information that's been intentionally left out, or unintentionally left out. Read, watch and listen from different sources. Breitbart and InfoWars is a good start to start from the Right-wing. CNN, BBC, MSNBC and a whole lot others from the Left-wing. Fox seems to be Left-wing too, but to a lesser degree. I find Tucker Carlson to be fucking hilarious.

If you want a much more detailed analysis of things, Stefan Molyneux got very often hour+ long videos where he breaks down everything. Shit that was ACTUALLY said, compared to shit the different outlets said, statistics, numbers, evidence, +++. He's got a good analytical mind.

Unfortunately the MSM is more or less Left-wing with only some more neutral and few Right-wing media outlets.

I myself am a Centrist as I've told you earlier, however, I do not limit ANYONE to their political views and opinions. However, it's often you ONLY see that 1% with a lot of people.

Ah. Yeah, we do have Regressive Leftards over here, though to a much lesser degree. We have numerous polls that were in the majority in terms of support for Brexit, but when Trump get talked about, those numbers practically swapped. If I remember correctly, we had some 75% on average, support for Brexit over here, from I think over twenty thousand voters. For Trump however, we seem to have seen reversed numbers for some reason. Funny, really.

As Trump does his shit in these 4 years, a lot of these people I hope can and will at the very least, acknowledge that Trump can be a decent President. Shit still remains to be seen, but with Elon Musk in terms of industry and other polices and ideas, the government is, at least from the looks of it, in good hands.

18. FluffyShutterbug

Funny... Here in the states, everybody claims that Fox is full-fledged right-wing.

Yakamaru likes this.
  19. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

I am surprised myself. When I was here 7 years ago this place was a leftist shithole. Threads were made to just get he praise of the choir, and they were ALL proto-SJWs. Funny thing is when i see furries outside of this site they are almost always right-wing. But I think the Left having no longer a monopoly on identity politics did that. The religious-right is practically gone and this coupled with the fact that the general culture has drastically changed has allowed atheists/agnostics and gays/bis to bo longer have to be under the protection of the Left. This pisses liberals off. They deem us property or that we owe them our vote and support. Nope. There is no social contract between us.

Yakamaru likes this.
  20. FluffyShutterbug

I consider myself to be a leftist, but yet, I don't support the left establishment. They're horribly incompetent and completely out of touch with us.

Yakamaru likes this.