Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zabrina, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

Trump will be a decent president. He has shown that he is not predatory like Obama and the Democrats were. I am going to be left alone and I like that. That's all I ask.

I think a lot of people on the "Right" are disgruntled refugees of the Left. The Right, at least for the moment, has become a vehicle for fighting against the regressive left, like the skeptic community on YouTube. A shit ton of them are atheists liberals who are not right-wing but have fled and, I guess, kind of, joined the Right for protection. This is an extremely interesting time to see this melting pot of mixed ideologies that is being exchanged on the Right, who 15 years ago would have never allowed that to happen. Funny how things change. I like it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    ChapterAquila92, Jarren and Yakamaru like this.
  2. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Sure. I won't attack ya! :)

3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Fox is Right-wing? Hmm. Oh wait, they are. Shit, was mixing them up with ABC. My bad. :p

Yeah, Fox is Right-wing, but sure as hell isn't full on Right.

Oh yeah, he's going to be a decent President, and the Left and the Democrats are going to fucking hate every second of it, and it's so fucking tasty and outright beautiful. These politically correct fucks getting some of their own medicine, while their adversaries doesn't give a shit about them. At worst, smack them in the face, and let them destroy themselves. These 4 years minimum will be salty as fuck. Probably going to completely crash the salt markets.

WHAT BLACK MAGIC IS THIS?! :p

HERESY!

4. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

It's going to be like Carthage.

5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Carthage? Unfortunately I am not that familiar with history before the First World War. Please don't hit me! I'll read up, so.. Please be gentle?

6. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

it is opinion that even the smartest of Humans are just plain stupid.

Yakamaru and FluffyShutterbug like this.
  7. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

I am shocked and appalled.

8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.
    This is actually a fact.

Yakamaru and FluffyShutterbug like this.
  9. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

You know there might be an alien race out in the universe that is an incredibly efficient and intelligent bunch that has a monopoly on resources light years from its home planet.

That would make us look dumb, but they don't have memes, a godly miracle product of our inefficiency and stupidity.

Yakamaru likes this.
  10. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

I'm always gentle. When it comes to the exchange of ideas. ; )

I myself do not know too much of Roman and Carthage history. I have at best vague knowledge such as that Carthage and Rome were always at each others throats. Carthage, decades earlier, if my timeline is right, tried to take Rome, which was a mutual thing between the two. You probably have heard of Hannibal's expedition over the Alps, with elephants! to circumvent certain Roman defenses and go after Rome from the North. Very ballzy and it almost paid off. He lost, I think, 1/3 of his army going over the Alps. Anyhoo. He got over and for 15 years harassed the Romans but never was able to take Rome because of a guy by the name of Fabius Maximus- the Father of Guerrilla warfare- who was able to stall Hannibal until Rome could work out a plan. Hannibal knew what Fabius was doing. And Fabius knew that Hannibal knew what he was doing. So Hannibal never engaged the Romans entirely and the Romans never engaged the Carthaginians for each knew if they played on the other's terms they would lose. Rome eventually got a working plan and a general was able to beat him in a direct engagement. Hannibal would have continued but he got a letter from back home recalling him and his army. He didn't take it too well. But Carthage retreated and sometime later Rome came for them. They won and Carthage was burned to the ground, the people enslaved and the land salted so nothing would ever grow again. Rome wanted them gone and all traces of their existence were removed. Kind of standard practice back then.

Yakamaru likes this.
  11. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Now THIS is something I can get behind. :D

Interesting. Should probably read up on Greek and Roman history then.

12. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

This thread is the closest we're going to get to the ol' "Confessions" megathread and i want to keep this motherfucker on the front page AT ALL TiMES!!

On topic: 'Journey' and 'Queen' are over-rated as well as many of their well known songs. i'm sorry but i shudder at the thought of listening through 'Don't Stop Believing' or the full runtime of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' ever again.

*mic drop*

13. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Here's an interesting thought: why is it that we have somehow managed to compare our intelligence with that of an extraterrestrial race that may or may not exist? Hypothetically speaking, let's assume that there is a race of extraterrestrial outside of this little blue planet we call "Earth", do you often wonder if said extraterrestrial race hypothesize over the existence of another extraterrestrial race and compare their own intelligence with theirs?

You have to ask yourself, is there a race somewhere in the universe that doesn't compare their intelligence with another's? Or maybe it's just one of those human traits we like to embrace because we like to distinguish our own self-importance with another thing? Or maybe it's universal and echos across the universe and throughout time?

Makes you think...

14. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

Controversy time!
    4/20 is an obnoxious, stupid holiday for socially stunted people who think the pretext of being high somehow makes it noteworthy to mention all the mundane crap they did last evening.
    Okay, that might be a bit too broad, but it's still an obnoxious holiday.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    msgrandpabacon and Jarren like this.
  15. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

On-topic as well: Aliens exist, and they're laughing their asses off(do they even have asses..?) at our stupidity.

4/20? Sane people use day FIRST. :p

16. Jarren

Jarren You can't just quote yourself! -Me

I think pineapple is actually a really excellent pizza topping...don't hurt me
    I will fight you!

17. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

...I will find you, and I will fight you to the death!

MURDER YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER IN DARK SOULS!

And then we can have BBQ or some shit afterwards.

Jarren likes this.
  18. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

A bit late to that party, but...
    [​IMG]

Couldn't resist. :p

19. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

I'm pretty versatile so that works.

I am liking Greek history more and more now that I am digging philosophy more and more. The Peloponnesian War is an extremely important one to know, and it's extremely interesting to boot!
    I listen to this while I drive or while I wash dishes. Professor Shutt is pretty boss.

Also read up on what the Melian Dialogue is.

Yakamaru likes this.
  20. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Either that or we could tag-team and thrown-down on Yakamaru because pineapple is the BEST topping on pizza! We can agree on that at least.
    Shitty rock'n'roll may cause drama but nobody fucks with my favorite pizza toppings!

Jarren likes this.