Veteran's Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Open_Mind, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Open_Mind

Open_Mind Well-Known Member

To all those who ever served,
    On frozen shores far from home,
    In blistering deserts under enemy fire,
    Or ships far out at sea.

To all those who stepped into the fight,
    With sweat, blood and tears...

Thank you.

Screenshot_20171110-073310.jpg

Simo, Shane McNair, Mabus and 9 others like this.
  2. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

We hail our fellow veterans who have fallen in combat.
    We hail your bravery in fighting for your country.
    We honor your loyalty to your fellow man.
    We honor your courage to stand up in the face of danger and hostility.
    We remember your sacrifices made and the perils they brought.
    We remember the duty you felt for your country, and in doing so, have become immortal through memory.

All brave men and women who stood up and fought for what they believed to be right. And in that, we salute you. We honor you. We miss you. And above all else, we remember your courage, your loyalty and your burning passion for your fellow man.

I am really not cut out for this feel-good stuff. There are ninjas sitting next to me, cutting onions. A lot of onions..

Mabus, Crimcyan, Ginza and 3 others like this.
  3. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

Another day to remember how badly US citizens have allowed a literally fascist insurrection to subvert our liberal democracy, hold all the world siege, and degrade the US Constitution and US vets alike. It's quite something, and nearly all the western nations have looked the other way, just letting it happen, rather than erecting beacons of light, truth, and righteous indignation. Maybe if they had, we citizens could have recovered control of this system, but as it is, too many external entities conspired against us all.

They wanted to see this hegemony fall, and it's well on its way, now. How many good people will die, people who were always opposed to these wrongful fascistic excesses? I expect they'll die first, they'll die often, and they'll die the most. Our generation could have built an equitable heaven-on-Earth. Instead, we're up to our eyeballs in feces.

Welcome to the 21st century: the new era of genocide.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    LoneWolfy likes this.
  4. Yakamaru

Go cry me a river someplace else. This is not the place for that garbage.

Dongding, Mabus and Ginza like this.
  5. ChromaticRabbit

Your arrogance is only exceeded by your confusion. Don't shoot the messenger, go do something about the inspiration for the message, because it is real and its incontrovertible stature has only grown year after year these past sixteen years. The good stand in total defiance of all jingoistic nationalism or bend their knees.

6. Ginza

Ginza Unironically Ironic

To all veterans, including my father, I thank you for your service. I thank or fighting for my rights and the freedoms I have. Bless you all on this day xx

Sgt. Kai, Open_Mind, Mabus and 3 others like this.
  7. ChromaticRabbit

What about the ones who defied the US Constitution and UN Charter mandate alike in order to fight in depravity against decency for their unAmerican feudalistic liege Lord: The Dick, Cheney and his co-conspirator war criminal mascot rabies-dog, GW Bush?

Round them all up, load them on a boat. Send them to the International Criminal Court of Justice at the Hague. No need for a return booking, they'll be preoccupied with this one for the rest of their foreshortened lives.

8. Ginza

Please just kindly fuck off. Do you have to ruin just about every thread with your rhetoric on why literally everything is somehow oppression and the fault of the "patriarchy"? This is a nice thread to show appreciation of those who fought for our freedoms, our very rights to post here. Your posts aren't deep nor enlightening, you spew bullshit yet somehow manage to make it look good. Go take your bullshit elsewhere, thanks

Sarachaga, Dongding, Sgt. Kai and 5 others like this.
  9. ChromaticRabbit

Nah, I'm standing up for truth, justice, the US Constitution, the efforts of the Enlightenment Age, and against odious immoral people and confused sheep alike. You guys have given us no quarter by bum-rushing our liberal democracy with your worthless dark Nazi memes, and now we're giving you no quarter. You've already been voted off the island, and now we're pushing you out into the sea. Good luck with that, what were you ever even thinking?

10. Ginza

Lmao you really are an ignorant one. I'm not going to take up this nice thread responding to your garbage. I've tried to be civil with you, but you're too close-minded and ignorant to have a conversation. I don't condone the acts of evil and cruelty that were committed by some, but I sure as hell appreciate a good majority of these heroes that fought to protect us, and our rights. I think it's truly comical how you call me immoral, when you truly know nothing about me nor my life. You simply dislike someone for not sharing your incredibly backwards way of thinking. You don't fight for democracy, you fight for censorship and a hug box world. A world which would be terrible for anyone to live in, although you'd never open your eyes enough to see this would you? People like you are a waste of time and precious breath. As I stated before, please kindly fuck off. Nobody in this thread wants to hear your bullshit today

Dongding, Mabus and Yakamaru like this.
  11. LoneWolfy

LoneWolfy is Emotional

What's so honorable and good about killing people?

12. Yakamaru

Mabus and Ginza like this.
  13. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

It's taking a lot of reserve to not retort in the necessary way.

But whatever. Unlike you, I've actually got out of the house to stand up for my cause. Several times. That unfortunately includes defending your right to smash your face into the keyboard, while never actually doing anything, for yours.

Open_Mind, Mabus, Junkerfox and 2 others like this.
  14. LoneWolfy

LoneWolfy is Emotional

Protect us from who?

15. ChromaticRabbit

[​IMG]

Why would they do that? Because you disagree with me? Is there no end to your arrogance?

Hey, let's talk about the VA. The VA, or US Federal Department of Veteran Affairs, is this government promise that it'll take care of its wounded and disabled vets of war, but what it really does is let most of them languish, wither, decay, and die. It's so intractable in its malaise that it's impossible for one not to notice this must be by design. Well, survivors of illegal and wrongful war will be the first to speak out against such war because they've seen firsthand that it's bull excrement. That's why the vets are allowed to fail out to homelessness, profound withering unwellness, and death. Some prevail despite all these odds with a little luck and a lot of help to survive the pointedly neglectful will of their apparently failed and fallen government.

We have this false narrative that says we honor our vets, but in fact, the United States seems to quietly take many of their vets out back and figuratively shoots them in the head. How about that?

16. Yakamaru

The amount of lack of self-awareness in your posts is amusing to watch.

So that people like you can bitch about it.

Mabus, Junkerfox and Ginza like this.
  17. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

I am going to drop one warning, and one warning only.

Do not attempt to derail what is meant to be a tribute thread with derisive or side-tracking commentary.

That is the only warning for further posts I will leave, for anyone. Any further efforts to derail the thread will be dealt with via reply-bans and warnings.

Everyone, please let the thread resume its intended track. If you were involved in an argument about something, let it drop. If you continue the argument past this warning, you will be also considered attempting to derail the thread.

Open_Mind, Mabus, Crimcyan and 6 others like this.
  18. Yakamaru

My dad, grandfather and great grandfather have all served in the military. Dad served on a submarine. The amount of stories I hear, good lord. The amount of pranks and other crap those three have done up over the years. :D

I am proud to have a family that stand up for what they believe in. I had the option to serve as well, but I declined. Probably should've hit the military, to be honest. Sounds fun.

Sarachaga, Open_Mind, Mabus and 3 others like this.
  19. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

Thank you to all the veterans that risked thier lives so we have the freedom we have today.
    Thank you to all the service men and woman that also risk thier lives trying to protect us today.
    All the pain and suffering these people go through just so we are safe and have freedom is tremendous, all we can at least do is say thank you and not start a fight over it....

Sarachaga, Open_Mind, Mabus and 4 others like this.
  20. Junkerfox

Junkerfox Bacon gives me a Lard on

My family has generations of soldiers. My great uncles were in WW2, Korea and Vietnam, ancesters in WW1, the "Civil War" (Confederate Army, from what is now West by God Virginia), and even further. Some of my family's been here since the Mayflower landed.

21. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

I think serving one's country and putting your life on the line to do so is extremely brave, so thank you to all veterans, wherever you're from!
    Thank you for your service to all the veterans on this forum! You guys are the best.

22. MetroFox2

MetroFox2 Member

Not sure if America's Veterans Day and the UK's Remembrance Day are on the same day, though they are still the same sort of thing, so I'll chime in any way. While I'm not from a very martial background I'm still proud to say my great granddad fought the Germans on the ground and came home afterward with a young Dutch girl. Sadly he died before I ever got to meet him, but my great nan, rest in peace as of early summer, had some fascinating stories of her time living under German occupation. Though she is not a veteran, the hardship she faced I believe is worth the same admiration as my great granddad, and all other veterans who fight, fought, and will fight to make our lives better.
    March forth you beautiful shining bastards!

Simo, Open_Mind, Crimcyan and 3 others like this.
  23. Saylor

Saylor More free than your average Murican

24. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

My family has fought in almost all of the major wars. We fought in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the Spanish-American war, WWI, WWII, Korean Conflict, Vietnam and Desert Storm. My forebearers and I have all served with honor, alongside many other individuals that gave of themselves to keep our country free.

To all of my fellow veterans, those servicemen and women who are still serving and the ones that gave up their lives in the supreme sacrifice, I salute you all.

USAF vet
    32172P Radar Tech, McDonnell-Douglas F-4C/D "Rhino"
    "Phantom Phixer"

Open_Mind, Sgt. Kai and -..Legacy..- like this.
  25. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

- Redacted for poor taste in light of more recently read posts. -

No further poo need be thrown atop the poo mountain today.