Vintage Video Gamers?

Discussion in 'PC & Console Gaming' started by Simo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

in our household, altogether we have Atari 2600, NES, Famicom, SNES (x2), Master System, Genesis, 32X, CDX, SegaCD, Saturn, 3DO, ZX Spectrum, N64 (x3), Gamecube (x3, modded), PS1 (modded), PS2 (modded), PS3, PSP (x2, modded), XBox (x2, modded), XB360 (modded), Gameboy (original, pocket, color, super), GBA (original and 2 GBASP), Wii (x3, modded), WiiU, Switch aaaaaand shitloads of various pieces of "classic" merch and collectables. We have retail demos, displays, posters and more in storage.

So no, we don't like retro games. Not at all. Nope nope nope!

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Yakamaru likes this.
  2. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

[​IMG]

....I shall find you, and then hug you.

I don't have any consoles other than an Xbox 360. Not sure if it can be called vintage.

I miss my NES, SNES and the god damn Playstation that got stolen by some cunt years ago. Could never prove it though..

3. Oh, that's a shame... I'm sure you could find a replacement for a decent price though.

4. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

My consoles atm:
    Nes
    Snes
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Wiiu
    Xbox
    Xbox360
    Playstation
    Playstation 2
    Playstation 3
    Playstation 4
    Sega genesis
    Turbo grafx 16
    Ds lite
    3ds phat
    Fc mobile 2
    Psp model 2
    Psvita model 1
    Thats after the dowsize. Sold off a lot of my obscure stuff when i was a teen
    Like my virtualboy and my sega saturn etc.
    But i prefer classic game heavily over modern games.

5. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

I don't game a whole lot these days, so I never upgraded to a PS4. Probably don't really want one anyway. I've still got my 10 year old PS3, a few PS3 games, and a bunch of PS2 games. And of course there's the old N64 that I've had since I was ten.

I was hooked on Goldeneye 64 when I was younger, and I still play it occasionally. I'm not sure there's anyone who had a 64 who never played that game. Greatest FPS of all time. I still can't help but feel a bit sorry for those unsuspecting guards in the chemical weapons facility. A restroom stall is a hell of a place to get bushwhacked and shot in the head. XD

My jam back in the day:

6. GigaBit

GigaBit A hyperactive computer lovin' nerd.

Dang! How come I didn't stumble upon this thread earlier!
    I love vintage games!
    Sometimes when I'm bored I'll try and create music in the style of certain retro games.
    I just recently set up a MAME emulator on an old computer. Xevious is the best.
    I also have another old computer hooked up to a CRT TV in my bedroom that runs a crap-load of emulators. (Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture of it and post it here.)
    Other than emulators my console collection consists of:
    NES
    SNES (Not working at the moment)
    Genesis
    Gameboy + Color + x3 Advance+ x3 SP
    Gamecube
    Original Xbox
    x3 Xbox 360s
    And a few others, but I felt they were to modern.

7. Tecwyn

Tecwyn Loves Chatting

I still have all my old consoles from back in the day. (all Nintendo and PS consoles)
    Every now and then I still play a few of my old favorites like donkey kong country 2 or FF6/9

While I still like modern games, the super NES / PSX era was the golden age of gaming in my opinion.
    Even after all this time, the games are still challenging and the pacing went really well.
    Especially the music had a lot of soul back then.

Sometimes less is more I suppose

8. Iovic

Iovic Member

My dad has a Commadore Amiga. I played Wizball on it once, it was pretty good.

9. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 New Member

Well, I'm mainly of the type that essentially prefers the latest tech whenever possible. So, don't expect me to keep consoles more than 5 years old if at all.

10. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

was literally playing this last night while i forgot to close the forum window
    [​IMG]
    i do think some older video games were better dagger fall up there has yet to be surpassed in both scale and feel

it just felt alive you looked to the distant mountains and wondered what might be lurking would you find a castle? some kind of creature only seen in legend? a cottage with a witch? or some kind of terrible monster that would give you nightmares (i was little when i played it)

there's just this sense of wonder i still get from daggerfall that i don't get in other video games night fell and you thought "shit better find a town or shelter for the night"

You just find random things in the wilderness like thieves bandits or ghosts and litches and wonder what their story is

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017