Want something written for free?

Discussion in 'Art Exchange and Trades' started by Mipha, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Mipha

Mipha New Member

Hello everyone!

I've been writing on and off for about over ten years now. But! I don't have much experience with furry related content and I would like to change that. =D

I'm currently offering about three slots for 500-1000 word stories. I'm unsure how long it'd take me due to being new + working full time + college student. Once I find my groove, I'm a pretty fast writer. It's what I do at work ^-^

Nothing NSFW for now. If you hit any sore topics for me, I'll let you know. If you'd like to check out some of my other writing, it can be found here.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

(I'm also new to FA, so pls bare with me on anything :3)

2. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

write about an army of foxes, meerkats, and one anthropomorphic propeller called john in a battle against anthopomorphic eagles called the DM´s

Æ

3. MegaEmailman

MegaEmailman The Level 42 Wizard

Sure! What about a story about two characters of your choosing from Zootopia?

4. PoptartPresident

PoptartPresident A teen chatter box

You should try a 3-perspective story for the funsies!
    Meaning play out a scenario in which all 3 of the characters are involved, but each of the 3 have their own perspective as they each tell the story about the scenario

5. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

Oooooh! This sounds so coooooool!!!!! How about a story that is in a midevil/fantasy setting with a whole bunch of barbaric bears (sorta like orcs), Stealthy foxes/ and or wolves (sorta like wood elves) that live in the forest, high birds (like high elves), hardy rodents that work in mines and forge things (like dwarves), and phesants of all races (like humans). This would be a great story to read, if you had the time. :p

6. Praetor Pragmus

Praetor Pragmus New Member

If you're good at something, never do it for free.

PoptartPresident likes this.
  7. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

I disagree with this.

Providing something of great quality especially to someone who would have no reason to expect such a gift, with such little time in A social group can be very beneficial.

Not only do you make a genuine friend but A person who will help you in times of need just start out with simple favors & maybe work your way up they often will do anything for the you.
    Are you well acquainted with the phrase "Would you kindly" ?

Ravofox likes this.
  8. Praetor Pragmus

Praetor Pragmus New Member

A man chooses. A slave obeys. ;)

9. PillowsandSnacks

PillowsandSnacks New Member

I agree with your conclusion, but disagree with your reasoning. As someone who's given out a whole lot of free art to different communities, and someone who gets a lot of free stuff IRL, I can pretty much safely say the people who get free stuff won't want to help you that much/ evolve into someone who will do anything for you. There is a certain group of people who will constantly look for free stuff and be grateful for you for a little bit before looking for something else that's free. Other people will appreciate it and forget it. Maybe a small percentage of people will be surprised and feel that passionate affection, but that's highly unlikely, and probably a very young child if so.

You shouldn't give free stuff out hoping the people who you will give free stuff to might pay you back with their own kidness. That's just extremely unlikely.

However there are two major reasons why it may be a good idea to give free stuff. One is for publicity like IRL companies do. The second is you just want to, either for charitable reasons, because you want to try out different prompts, challenge yourself, or whatever.

Also in certain cases, it is better to give something out for free than to give it out at a lower price. Bringing it down to a lower price can make you seem cheap, whereas giving it out for free makes you seem charitable. Consumer mentality.

fallout19980 likes this.
  10. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

A man chooses whether to sell or give away his artwork. A slave obeys to one-dimensional financial decisions .u.

11. Bedlams

Bedlams 'Cause sanity is boring

Can you write a TF from human to This Guy? Thanks!