Want To Find/Create a Place That The Clean Side of The Fandom Can Interact

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SuperShermanTanker, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Yakamaru

Yakamaru No "Awooo'ing" allowed

[​IMG]

Can't find this sex-free space you so desire? Create it. Simple as that. You have plenty of ways of making it: Discord, Kik, Telegram, Skype, group conversation over the forum and sew it completely to your liking.

If sex is "dark" then what are being a Furry?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Activoid

Activoid Ace Artist

That's literally what this topic is about. Making exactly that space you describe, and how to go about doing it, and where. Thanks for reiterating something that was posted on this topic several times previously, though. You know, for people who may have missed it the first few times.

3. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

These "Sex free places" and SFW places exist. You just have to know where to find them. You don't have to make what already exists.

And, you can be furry without sex being the pivotal centerpoint.

BTW, nice meme. I snorted coffee all over my keyboard.

Yakamaru and Activoid like this.
  4. Yakamaru

There's plenty of examples and suggestions previously in the thread. Personally I would recommend Discord, as it allows you to set up the server however you like.

Sex is part of natural human behaviour and instinct. Yes, you can do without it, as a lot of people do.

I don't know about any SFW/sex-free places myself, but there should be plenty of them out there. If you can't find it, create it. That's where I am getting at.

5. Aces

Aces Member

I just have to point out that the sexual and fetish stuff isn't as easy to avoid on FA as some people like to suggest.

I've actually posted in the past, looking for a way to just leave automatic filters on for my front page to avoid specific material because medical crap makes me have cheonic nausea. Let's just say that even technically "SFW" vore content can trigger me, in ways that are immediate and messy, as opposed to emotionally.

That being said, I greatly admire the creative safe zone that this fandom is, even if it does produce layers upon layers of stuff that I am uncomfortable with. This creative freedom is seemingly randomly associated with people whom find Thundercats to be a lifegoal, but I'm olay with that. The "Art World" of academia and New York galleries, with its blood art, suicide performance pieces and giant salt has nothing on furries in that regard. Those "Real" artists have a super judgy and fickle culture. If anyone else tells me "Art is dead" I'll scream.

But yeah, please just update the friggin site already, so I can experience this eccentric group of creative people on my own terms. I think a *lot* of cleanfur folks would be more comfortable that way, too. I think half the userbase wants some kind of an update anyway.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Activoid likes this.
  6. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Segregation can only lead to agitation. Just ignore the inflation and masturbation station like the rest of the nation.

Yakamaru likes this.
  7. Activoid

Activoid Ace Artist

A dope rhyme with rhythm, but no one's talking segregation. Just a nicer, alternative place to be a member and share art and stories, with the peace of mind that we won't accidentally run into anything gross or unsavory. There used to be a PG-level place called Yerf, but someone thought it would be funny to hack it and take it down. Probably by some salty sailor whose application to join was denied.

8. Yakamaru

Lmao, why didn't I find this little GEM?

Fucking thumbs up from me! :D

PencilBrain likes this.
  9. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

A squid with 2 tentacles isnt a squid

10. Activoid

Activoid Ace Artist

I don't know what kind of crazy esoteric shit you're trying to pass by me, I'm pretty sure a squid with two tentacles is still a squid.