Warning before reply restriction?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Yakamaru, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Topic name says it all.

Would it be difficult to implement some sort of system giving you a notification saying something like "Two more posts within X minutes will give you a temporary reply restriction for X hours"?

I've seen several people complain repeatedly about being reply restricted without getting a warning about it(some of the people I would argue are practically spamming replies where they could just put everything into one reply, avoiding the restriction alltogether), myself having gotten two or three such restrictions myself.

2. Martin2W

Martin2W Tombstone The Huggable Sergal

God damn you had to make this, yes I will avoid doing this

Yakamaru likes this.
  3. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

Kind of impressive this site doesn't do that... It has really neat functions and interface overall.

Yakamaru likes this.
  4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Don't worry mate, this system would be universally useful for everyone. It weren't made to insult you.

Can always do PM's if you unfortunately end up being reply restricted.

It's a bitch, I know fully well how a pain in the ass it is. :p

You see someone you just HAVE to reply to, and your reply restriction is like "Lol, nope, not happenin' mate".

5. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

Unless the user is one of those rare ones magically caught by the reply restrictions bug (even if they post normal amounts of posts), the reply restrictions should only kick in if the user posts more than 1 post every 10 seconds (assuming default settings of Xenforo, though FA may run a unique configuration of the settings).

Admittedly they could edit the posting template to provide a warning of the restriction for posting too much, but a dynamic one such as you request in the fist post, is somewhat unlikely here.

Yakamaru likes this.
  6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Somewhat unlikely indeed, but it'd be a nice way to see if or when you post too much/often.

7. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

Agreed, it would be nice to know the limit before restrictions, so the users can get a rough-ish estimate before they get stopped for a bit.

Yakamaru likes this.
  8. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Indeed.

Would be very useful if you're a vivid poster.

jayhusky likes this.
  9. Martin2W

Martin2W Tombstone The Huggable Sergal

Indeed we need this function

Yakamaru likes this.