Watching old Disney movies

Discussion in 'TV, Video & Film' started by biscuitfister, Dec 1, 2016.

1. biscuitfister

biscuitfister Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?

Just got done watching Fox and the Hound and my god I forgot how sad that movie was! Next time I watch it I'll make sure to take the onoins out of my pocket. Gonna watch robin hood to cheer me up

Yakamaru and Okami_No_Heishi like this.
  2. Yakamaru

Yakamaru This is not a rabbit Avatar

Onions? There's ninjas cutting onions!

Disney is best. <3

Sarachaga and DuranWolf like this.
  3. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Pursuit pilot - US Army Air Corps

I watched that a few months ago, for the first time in close to twenty years. Can't believe it's been that long. It's amazing how much you can recall about something when you see it again after so much time.

I think it may go without saying, but I've noticed that for a lot of Gen-Xers and older millenials like myself, there's a lot of fond nostalgia in revisiting some of the animated movies and shows we grew up with. It's a large part of why this fandom exists. I keep thinking about how much I'd like to see a TV channel dedicated entirely to that, sort of like TCM or MeTV, but just for animation, and especially '90s - early '00s stuff and older.

I'd like to be taken back to the days of the Disney Afternoon, and see Gargoyles on TV again. That was one of the best series that Disney ever aired, imo. It was uniquely dark and moody for a Disney show, and very engaging and relatable, even for adults.

biscuitfister likes this.
  4. JoeStrike

JoeStrike WAY older than Mr. Black

for a lot of Gen-Xers and older millenials like myself, there's a lot of fond nostalgia in revisiting some of the animated movies and shows we grew up with.

That applies to baby-boomers as well too, you know, which is why I have all sorts of Looney Tunes and Max Fleischer box sets lying around here (along with my Disney DVD's, of course)

5. Foxsh

Foxsh New Member

Fox and the Hound is horribly sad. There is always heaps of onions around when I watch it.

6. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Pursuit pilot - US Army Air Corps

Of course. Didn't mean to leave them out.

7. AdelynBlair

AdelynBlair Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon

If you wanna talk about sad then let me tell you that Homeward Bound messed me up as a kid. I couldn't watch it and I still refuse to!

8. MissKittyMouse

MissKittyMouse Let me be good to you

Oh, don't worry. It has a happy ending, so it's okay.

9. AdelynBlair

AdelynBlair Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon

Yes, I know it has a happy ending but certain scenes make me bawl.