What are the disadvantages of your fursona?

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by MadKiyo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Fishsticks03

Fishsticks03 New Member

Bad memory, hard to live in a non aquatic environment, bad memory, kinda boring environment, bad memory

This is species as a whole, btw

2. AlleycatIrony

AlleycatIrony dubstep macarena

disadvantages: possibly the fact that he probs gets mistaken for a girl bc of his feminine appearance, he's also very quiet and doesn't talk much, and shy in social situations so he has a tendency to be talked over and pushed around a little bit

3. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

idk if digigrade legs have disadvantages. also my fursona has a lot of enemies

4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

When a woman is being aggressive when hitting on him, he gets flustered. His weakness in general is women, as you can easily get him flustered if you hit on him.

5. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

My sona can't make out with anyone properly with his teeth :...^>

6. Rainbo

Rainbo New Member

Due to her being involved in this whole huge sci-fi/fantasy story, the actual summary of her background and true nature of her species probably absolutely REEKS of "special snowflake syndrome" and it wasn't even supposed to be anything like that, it's just sorta always been that way, haha. Like my earliest inspirations were things like A Wrinkle In Time and C.S. Lewis's ideas about many worlds and J.R.R. Tolkein and Cyberpunk influences, like, I was basically doomed to end up writing some really out-there crap, hahaha.

It's like this endless layered onion and with each new layer it just gets weirder and weirder.

>Fox
    >But like those cartoony drawings I do?...those are just me messing around
    >'Cause she's more like this "OH GOD MONSTER SOMEONE SHOOT IT BEFORE IT EATS US" werefox creature
    >And like all the animal people in the story are "monstrous" like that, to human eyes anyway
    >Also she's kinda magical?
    >Oh wait she shapeshifts too? uhh...
    >Uhh the story is about WHAT? interdimensional time travelin' madness wat?
    >ALIENS WHAT
    >WHAT IS THIS EVEN
    >DOES THE MADNESS STOP
    >*reaches existential enlightenment*
    >Foxes some more

7. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Mine?...

Con's

- Looks like a all purple wolf version of the the ring ghost with all black eyes.

- Pretty much schizophrenic/autistic mix so yeah really mentally unstable.

- Sometimes seen with her head in her arms or muzzle gone with her tongue hanging.

- Others see her as a derpy annoyance and mostly never mingles with others.

Pro's

- Lot's of powers and 2000+ life span as for her race.

- Very intelligent

8. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Knees weak, arms are heavy...

Ahhhhhh stop! All of this capitalization and greentext has me disorientated. A magical what now?

2000 years, how convenient for all kinds of shenanigans.

Yakamaru likes this.
  9. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

I can tell, I guess it's a kiss worth two bucks upfront

[​IMG]

Andromedahl, KimberVaile and Yakamaru like this.
  10. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

This thread is kind of species-ist, did any of you ever consider that flies have short attention spans and that large volumes of information are disorienting to them? Check your privileges. Smh.

11. This is more of an irl problem but: really bara fursona, really not bara person. All that fursuit padding is going to be a pain in the tail.

12. Yakamaru

Weakness, as in doesn't know how to handle women, especially not when being hit on. :p

Fursonas often reflect someone's personality. In Drake's case, he's basically me, just with soft fur. And an arm that's missing.

13. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Fly lives matter

14. Andromedahl

Idk why but I always thought wolf fur would be a bit more rough. Unless like.... you're giving it doggy hair conditioner or somethin.

15. Abyssalrider

Abyssalrider The Autistic Otter

Otter, webbed hands make knife-play very difficult and unpleasant when making mistakes. no haircuts either, guard fur just never grows back right...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  16. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

Disadvantage is look human to common folk. Its small, however, as those who know see right through that veneer.

17. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Well, it's like real life. If we didn't have all these hair products, people wouldn't have that great of hair. It can be applied to anthro characters as well. They aren't magically perfect and clean.

18. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

She is too stubborn, she daydreams too much, she is super claustrophobic, she hates avacados, she is too messy, she cannot let go of anything, ect, ect, ect.

19. Rainbo

Rainbo New Member

LOL! Sorry, I've always been a bit of a goofball.
    So in a nutshell there's the character itself, just as a casual fursona, and then there's kind of this fictional aspect of her I've played around with for years -- this whole huge story about she and a band of other beings who basically travel around between realities and have all kinds of shenanigans and whatnot. They're ultimately something akin to "aliens" sort of kind of (more like dream weavers or reality augmenters) and whenever they enter a reality, they take a shape that's best to blend in or to accomplish whatever they're doing, so she takes the fox/shifter shape because (cue boring plot/exposition here). So I joked that this fursona is like an onion with all these layers that just gets weirder and weirder the more you peel back, lol. On the surface she's just some random fox, I draw her as a fox all the time, that's basically the default iconography of the idea, but the plot of the story she's featured in (because as an author, I don't see why I can't have shameless self-insertion into a story, every author does it whether they mean to or not) makes it this whole other layer of stuff... And if I was a better artist I'd go hyper-realistic with her instead of drawing it cartoony style when I'm just being silly with it. Like she's actually supposed to be all super-realistic, almost 'spooky werefox' in appearance (long ago I imagined that the real thing would be in fact probably frightening to see, more like a werewolf).

So yeah I dunno, just pointing out that the problem is she's kinda over-the-top like probably to an annoying degree.

Maybe I misinterpreted the OP and he was actually asking about the character's weaknesses, I was thinking more in the sense of like, as an author etc., I'm self-aware that the character is probably too complex and too over-the-top or that it may come across as lame XD

I mean, if we're talking weaknesses, she's got plenty of flaws in that regard, like she often comes across as 'ditzy' when she's got stuff going on beneath the surface, she's unpredictable and often speaks in riddles (and ain't nobody got time to decode them, usually), and she has a genuinely otherworldly/strange quality that slightly pushes people away even if she's really sociable and outgoing. Also interruptions in consciousness are a huge gaping loophole/weakness for her in the stories (if she gets sedated or knocked out it can have serious effects since a lot of her power is basically consciousness-based) -- and it has more than once become an obstacle plot device in writing. XD

20. Yakamaru

'tis is not your standard wolf. :3

Could be the shampoo. Who knows. Can't be assed to think of reasons atm. Fiction is fiction, yanno. :p

21. Andromedahl

"Maybe he was born with it.... Maybe it's Maybelline"

Yakamaru likes this.
  22. Yakamaru

He uses Thor'eal, the real men's shampoo. Makes your hair/fur fluffy, soft and pretty damn hard to resist. :3

23. Jack Belinski

Jack Belinski Hero of the Union

Hmmm...Disadvantages well Jack is pretty calm and collected...untill you annoy him and he goes full edgelord

24. Basically a slowpoke, overweight, low stamina, easily run outta breath, doesn't play sports well (only a bit decent at badminton)... oh and small arms compared to the rest of the body, I guess, since... y'know, raptor/kangaroo, lol

25. estiniens

estiniens stargazer

He's complete scum and tries way too hard to be cool. Absolute trashcan. Also his face is hard to draw. Dumb oriental.