What is the creepiest thing that has ACTUALLY happened to you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RandomNinja11, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

ah... I would but you'd call me a liar...

Sarachaga likes this.
  2. Diretooth

Diretooth Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope

Alright, so my life is a bit fucked up.
    My family has a history of seeing spirits and the like. My mother's grandmother was a witch, and further along my family tree on my father's side was another witch, so there is some precedent for this. Similarly, my cousin is a Norse pagan shaman, this will be a bit important later.
    When I was much younger, I don't recall when, I was able to see spirits. Typically the spirits of pets who had passed on. One night, it was dark, almost starless. I was awake and had gone into the living room of the house I'd been in. Between my house and the lilac bushes just outside the window was a shadowy child. Pure black, with crimson pupilless eyes. I recall walking toward the window and stopping short of it. I remember being terrified and running to the kitchen, where my older brothers were. I'd told them there was a monster in the living room, but when they checked, it was gone.
    Since then, until fairly recently, I could not see nor sense spirits, at least not with the acute sense that I'd had.
    On occasion, I was able to sense some spirits. However, I did not regain any meaningful sense until I awoke as a Wolf Therianthrope. Therianthropy, for the uninitiated, is classified as belief that one is, non-physically, a non-human animal. When I came to this realization, I started to sense things that I hadn't been able to before. At this point in time, my old bedroom was an utter mess. I'd always gotten the creeps from it, so after I awoke, I could feel something about it. Something wrong.
    I had a friend stay the night, he saw a demonic-looking thing step out of my room. He was unfazed, while I was understandably freaked out.
    My house had a garage attached to the house, and to reach the basement, you had to go through it. Something 'lived' in the crook where the basement stairs stopped. Its only purpose was storage, but it didn't see such use. The thing didn't do anything, except scare me and feed from my fear. I never saw it, but I could feel it.
    When I moved to Oregon, nothing really followed me. I'd learned some methods for protecting myself, basic stuff like projecting a shield. (This ties in with magic and energy work.) While it took the edge off, it wasn't enough. That's where my cousin comes in.
    As stated before, my cousin is a pagan, he works with spirits and helps them pass on, assuming they're human spirits. I lived with him for a year, trying to move out exist as an adult. Naturally, things got... strange.
    For most of my life, I've known the companionship of a wolf spirit, a spirit guide of sorts. His use-name is Jaggedclaw, a name I gave him when I was younger. I've felt him hanging around me, sometimes he lays next to me, sometimes he just makes his presence known. I've had people note they sensed something when he was in the room, which was creepy for them, but good for a laugh.
    As I lived with my cousin, I occasionally heard things, saw things. I did a paper route, helping him and his fiance, where there was one particular house with a particularly nasty emotion eater. A fear eater. It would make me feel dread and feed off of the emotion. The only way to effectively deal with one is to force another emotion on them. I got angry, so for once I was able to overcome something that wasn't pleasant.
    One time, while I'd been laying in my bed, I'd heard someone, a female voice, whisper 'She's here!' in my ear. That had spooked me. Another time, when my cousin had been helping me with third eye issues, I saw a female face attached to this millipede looking fuck. Think Koh the Face-Stealer from Avatar and you have a good approximation.
    I also got to meet said witch ancestor during Samhain. She'd been set a place of honor at the table and had told us how she'd been burned at the stake for being a witch.

As all of this is supernatural in nature, and numerous, take it all with a grain of salt. This is all of my remembered incidences with supernatural stuff. I added not-so creepy stuff because not all supernatural things are creepy and sometimes you need a break from recounting scary shit.

3. Okami_No_Heishi

Okami_No_Heishi Very Happily Married For 16 And A Half Years

Here's a creepy one for you. A few months before my mother in law passed, me and my son were discussing the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. And during the course of our discussion I said you'd have to be a fool if you think that humans are the only life out there. And my mother in law said that she guessed she's a fool then. And that was the end of that discussion. The weeks after her passing a few strange things happened around the house. But the creepiest was the phonecall. Nobody was home when it. The answering machine recorded it. I got home and saw we had a message. I looked at the caller id and saw that the only number that had called was our phone number. I played the message, and it gave me fucking chills. There was the sound of static, and in the middle of all this static you could hear a very faint voice, that sounded just like my mother in law, say "I am not a fool." Chills yall. Chills.

Sarachaga likes this.
  4. EdgyMemeLord0

EdgyMemeLord0 Useless◇Disrespectful◇Unfriendly

The scariest thing I have seen yet was my math teacher from elementary school

5. pallid-panda

pallid-panda Member

What happened to me wasn't paranormal or spooky in that way but it still spooked me.

I was walking home from the store and on the way back I found a guy who was laying on the floor with his head all broken open and blood everywhere. I called 911 and the cops showed up and tried to wake the guy up then called an ambulance. It was pretty creepy and I never found out if he was ok.

6. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

I'm no doctor but if his head was broken open for a long period of time he'd probably have gotten not only an infection, but possible death from blood loss, brain damage from a force hard enough to crack it open and some other weird shit.

Pretty messed up though

7. pallid-panda

pallid-panda Member

It couldn't have been that long of a time because I saw him sitting up on the hill when I went to the store and when I came back he was at the bottom of the hill all jacked up. But yeah it was pretty scary and messed up

8. Fuckin liar. Just say it.

9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox This is what the fandom did to me!

I somehow ended up in some type of daddy/dom relationship.

10. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Member

You dont wanna know :p

11. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Trust me, we do :p

12. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

So one time, when I was like 7 or 8, I was staying at my grandma's house with my cousin. We started playing hide and seek at one point, and it was my turn to go hide. I went up to the upstairs bathroom and hid in the shower. I sat there in the tub for a while, just clutching my legs to my chest, trying to stay quiet. A few minutes later I saw someone walk into the bathroom. Now the thing about the shower is that the glass was designed to only be semi-transparent, I guess for privacy, so I couldn't clearly see who it was. It was pretty much just a blurred figure, but I assumed it was my cousin, so I held my breath and hoped she'd walk out. She stood there for about a minute, before walking out, barely making an attempt to find me.

I waited in the shower for another five minutes, before getting really impatient. She seriously hadn't found me yet? I got out and went back down to the living room, and there she was, just sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Uh, hello?" I asked, annoyed.
    "Oh, hey." She said, casually.
    "You didn't want to tell me that you gave up?" I asked.
    "Well, you figured it out." She joked.
    "You were really close." I told her. "I was upstairs in the bathtub. You were right next to me, and you didn't even look there!" I laughed.
    She looked really confused. She told me that she never looked for me upstairs. She only looked downstairs, before getting bored and giving up. I knew she had to be fucking with me, we were cousins so we always did stuff like that, so I asked my grandma.

Grandma confirmed that she only heard me go up and come down the stairs, my cousin never went up there, and neither did she. And my grandpa was running an errand at the time, so it definitely wasn't him I saw in there. There wasn't anyone else in the house besides us three...that I know of. I don't know exactly what I saw, but to this day that's the last time I've ever gone upstairs at my grandma's house. I still get chills whenever I walk past it when I visit her.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  13. pippi

pippi Stinky Skunk

I got a few, I'll just do a couple though.

Creepiest 'abnormal' thing: I was laying in bed, like just got in bed so I wasn't sleepy yet or anything. I look straight ahead at the hallway, and this puff of grey smoke falls down from the ceiling. The smoke turns into a human shape and then starts floating towards me. It just disappears when it got to the actual doorway. I nearly shat myself right there. I also seen this smoke man thing twice so far in this house.

A not ghostly creepy thing: I used to get a lot of creepy guys when I had to take the bus. I was 18 at the time. I was sitting at the bus stop alone and this guy drives by. He asks if I want a ride and obviously heck no I don't want a ride. And he tells me hold on. He circles around and parks at the bus stop and gets out. He keeps asking me things. Eventually he asks for my number, and I figured maybe that would make him go away, and I was going to give him a fake number, but then he CALLED MY PHONE right then and there to make sure I wasn't lying to him. He keeps trying to get me in the car, and I'm just hoping the bus will hurry up and run his car over or something. Then this guy grabs my arm and starts kissing all over my arm, like WTF?? Eventually the bus got there and I ran inside as fast as I could. He kept calling me for days before I figured out how to block his number.

14. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Holy fuck

15. NocturneFox!

NocturneFox! FOX OVER 9000!!!!!

HOLY MACARONI o_O

16. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

One time as a kid, out of nowhere, I got extremely paranoid that something was upstairs in the kitchen/living room area (I was downstairs in the family room) and I hid behind a couch and practically prayed to God I wouldn't die. Nobody (besides my family and my old dogs) were in the house, and nobody was in the kitchen or the living room. I don't know why I acted so paranoid and why I even started praying to God. It's like I knew something evil was upstairs. I was too scared to even look and see what was up there. After around 20 or so minutes of basically crying and shaking in fear, I gathered enough courage to walk up the stairs and see what was going on. Nothing. It was silent. I still can't put my finger on why I got so scared that someone or something was upstairs. Really weird and creepy.

17. Ketren

Ketren Member

I was in bed and something entered me- physically or spiritually, I couldn't tell. All I knew was that I'd been violated and thought I was pregnant, even though I'm male. For the next several weeks, strange things happened to me.

After that you can't convince me that demons aren't real.

Lycan_jedi likes this.
  18. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

Les creepy than frightening, but I was once in a car which got T-boned at a decent speed and rolled a full 360º up a hill. The only injury any of us had was a hairline fracture in one of my sister's fingers, which was, all in all, pretty miraculous, but now I flinch a lot when people make rash driving decisions.

I've also received scars from two separate dog fights I was near: First on the face when I was seven when two of my uncle's dogs had a row; and then along my thigh when we were out sledding when I was twelve or so and another dog attacked ours. I was also bitten in the face by a blind dog when I was two, and inadvertently sent my grandmother's dog into a violent fit when I held a tape recorder too close to his face. The strangest thing is, animals tend to like me, and I like animals. Standoffish dogs lick my hand, cats follow me around, the whole bit. I just have very bad luck with angry dogs.

None of this is particularly eerie, though. I've certainly had uncanny things happen to me, and my issues with low-grade paranoia have exacerbated them, but they tend to be very personal in significance, so talking about them wouldn't make much sense without loads of context. Usually they're benign, like weird pileups of coincidences or dreams that make me cry a little when I wake up, but occasionally it's more ominous.