What is Your Ancestry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shane McNair, May 3, 2017.

1. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

English on my mother's side, Scottish on my father's side. Nordic family name.

2. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Ive visited extended family down there too :] Was pretty cool.

Well I mainly meant other people besides, Yaka, viking heritage is badass

3. Aet

Aet Awkward Artist

Basically every ethnic minority in Slovakia. I think it's endearing how so many cultures have come together and mixed over time while maintaining their cultural identities.

4. Kit H. Ruppell

Kit H. Ruppell Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

German/Manx/Danish/Norwegian/Scottish

5. SniperCoon2882

SniperCoon2882 The insomniatic marksman

1/4 German (great (4 times) grandfather was Hessian in Revolutionary War); 1/4 Syrian-Lebanese; 1/4 Irish/Scottish mix (Irish ancestors who lived in Scotland); and 1/4 everything else, including 1/64 Algonquin Indian in there somewhere.

6. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

Aye laddie! Probably single malt scotch with a dark beer chaser.

Surreal Mentality likes this.
  7. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Irish on my father's side, German on my mother's side. The Irish side of my family has been living within current Canadian borders since as far back as the American Revolution, and the German side is Mennonite of the non-Amish sort, with a bit of Dutch.

8. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

That's pretty metal

9. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

Russian on my fathers side, Czech on my mothers side. Second generation born in the states =^.^=

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Kind of embarrassing, really. But that was over 200 years ago, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. ebbingRose

ebbingRose Guest

My ancestors immigrated from Spain and Russia, primarily. There's a wee bit of german, too.

12. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

200 years isn't that long ago in the grand scheme of things, also my guess is the Congo or the Māori.

As for my self I'am boring 75% French 25% Irish. Although strangely unlike the rest of my family, I have a hard time with speaking French and catch my self occasionally drifting into an Irish accent.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  13. AsheSkyler

AsheSkyler Feathered Jester

English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, and Cherokee. I forget who came in where, but apparently the Celtic part is pretty strong because sometimes I get asked if I'm first generation Irish or Scottish. And oh so many complaints about how stubborn I am.

14. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

My mom's side were Mormons so they were good at digging up records. They were able to trace back to 16th century Germany.

15. It'sBlitz

It'sBlitz Pilot in training

American, who came from England back around 15-16th century (Possibly why last name is "Hamlet"), and the rest is Swiss or french (Enough for both passports)

16. JinxiFox

JinxiFox This has nothing to do with jelly!

On my mom's side, I'm 3rd generation American. Her mother's side is off the boat Irish, my biological grandfather was half Comanche, and half Irish. My step grandfather was Russian.
    My Father's side is, Swedish, French, and a whole bunch of English. His side we've traced back to the Mayflower crossing.
    My mother's side has roots in both Northern and central Ireland. I had relatives who fought in the Ulster Volunteer Force, and the original IRA.
    Famous relatives include Clyde Barrow, from Bonnie and Clyde fame, a few of the first noblemen to back Henry up on the protestant change, and a very little known poet that was big in the 1700's England.
    My mother's side claims Anne Bonnie, the Pirate Queen, a few notables in the fight for Ireland's independence, both Protestant and Catholic. Honestly, I think everyone from that area of Ireland claim's some connection to Anne Bonnie, so I can't attest to that bit.

Arcturus Maple and Zenoth like this.
  17. Xaroin

Xaroin Sprsh

Ok so basically I can sum it up with this
    Europe - (Spain + Portugal) + Russia

Zenoth likes this.
  18. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

i am also like this Germanic/Scandinavian

i was once asked for my last name and the response i got was "sweet jesus with a name like that you should be 8ft tall longhair magnificent beard riding around on a horse while wielding a battle axe"

19. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

Nordic, Native American, Jamaican, Islander, Mesoamerican, Irish & African.

I look like I am a white guy with a permanent light tan bless my genetics.

20. Arcturus Maple

Arcturus Maple Enigmatic Anomaly

Mixture of Nordic and Balkan ancestry on my dad's side, German and English on my mum's.

21. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

Like, 70% Italian, 20% Norwegian along with some other stuff. Born and raised in the land o' freedom.

My nose isn't big I swear

22. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

My mom's side is Mexican-American, while my dad's side is whiter-than-white backwoods Tennessee country people.

I don't no much else about my ancestry other than I have some Native American and French in me.

23. BasilClover

BasilClover Guest

My parents are from Rome and Lazio haha, not many guesses there and yes I am short (5'2" ish) and have the world's roundest face despite weighing 105.

24. grey_scarborough

grey_scarborough New Member

I've got myself a couple of things. Navajo, Spanish, french, German on one side from what I can tell, then on the other side is more German and french, but then there's Irish in there as well. I mean. Yeah. Mostly French really, the German ancestry on the Navajo side is dubious at best really. Not much I can really say about that side at all really but that. But with the Irish side I've been able to track my ancestry back pretty well since that side had registered at Ellis Island and they're pretty open about the family history and junk.

So like that side got split at Luxembourg when some fellas had it in their heads to get to a port city and head on over to America and we've crawled our way all the way to the west coast cause the East coast were for loud and rowdy city folk. Much of my family still in Europe seems spread all over the place but a lot of them are out there in Luxembourg, and we've even got the little village of Sampont, from where we get our last names and whatnot. So like yeah there's that.

Not much to say there about Sampont other than it's in a Belgian portion of Luxembourg or something and a Roman road passes through it. So I guess it could be assumed that somewhere down the line I've descended by some thankfully fruitful Romans. But now I'm getting into speculation there. I've been still digging around into that history and it's been a pretty fun pass time really.

25. Nixonia

Nixonia Hi! I'm irritating!

I've always been interested in tracing mine. Hard to do though. One side is Romanian, but my great grandpa and his wife stowed away on a boat to Canada when ww2 broke out, and the rest of that tree is lost to time and warfare. On the other side is British, I'm told. Family crest and all that junk. But I was never allowed to talk with them since those grandparents tried to trade me and my younger brother for a house when I was 5. XDDD So! That lineage, as far as I know, is just British (possibly French)

~Nix