What is Your Ancestry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shane McNair, May 3, 2017.

1. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

That's funny OP my mom is also Columbian, she came over to the US at 13 or something. I mostly understand Spanish but I can speak broken sentences and such. She's pretty much full-blooded Columbiana which makes me half-columbian in heritage.

My dad's side on the other hand is a bit more americanized. My grandfather is German, I think his (my grandfather's) father or the one before that was the one who came to America. My grandmother is Irish ancestry from I dont know how far back. But I mean both are pretty much American, though.

What do non-Americans even say about their ancestry? I mean Yakamaru has viking heritage but what else do they say? That's always something Ive been curious about since America is a mixing pot people have heritage from this and this and that do non-Americans talk about ethnic heritage like Americans do?

2. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

Polish, german, and french

3. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

I've had quite a bit of exposure to Colombian culture throughout my life. I even had the opportunity to fly down there for a vacation 10 years ago, which was way cool. I really need to improve on my Spanish, though. I'm pretty good at reading it, but my Spanish vocabulary is lacking and I only somewhat understand spoken Spanish.

Having pure viking heritage is pretty badass, in and of itself, though.

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  4. Simo

Simo Skunk

1/2 Sicilian, then Polish/Finnish.

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

My people use to eat other people, that's all I know.

6. Raven-Foxx

Raven-Foxx Animal Artist

I'm part British, Irish, Native American, and African American.

7. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

English on my mother's side, Scottish on my father's side. Nordic family name.

8. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Ive visited extended family down there too :] Was pretty cool.

Well I mainly meant other people besides, Yaka, viking heritage is badass

9. Aet

Aet Awkward Artist

Basically every ethnic minority in Slovakia. I think it's endearing how so many cultures have come together and mixed over time while maintaining their cultural identities.

10. Kit H. Ruppell

Kit H. Ruppell Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

German/Manx/Danish/Norwegian/Scottish

11. SniperCoon2882

SniperCoon2882 The insomniatic marksman

1/4 German (great (4 times) grandfather was Hessian in Revolutionary War); 1/4 Syrian-Lebanese; 1/4 Irish/Scottish mix (Irish ancestors who lived in Scotland); and 1/4 everything else, including 1/64 Algonquin Indian in there somewhere.

12. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

Aye laddie! Probably single malt scotch with a dark beer chaser.

Surreal Mentality likes this.
  13. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Irish on my father's side, German on my mother's side. The Irish side of my family has been living within current Canadian borders since as far back as the American Revolution, and the German side is Mennonite of the non-Amish sort, with a bit of Dutch.

14. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

That's pretty metal

15. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

Russian on my fathers side, Czech on my mothers side. Second generation born in the states =^.^=

16. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Kind of embarrassing, really. But that was over 200 years ago, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. ebbingRose

ebbingRose Guest

My ancestors immigrated from Spain and Russia, primarily. There's a wee bit of german, too.

18. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

200 years isn't that long ago in the grand scheme of things, also my guess is the Congo or the Māori.

As for my self I'am boring 75% French 25% Irish. Although strangely unlike the rest of my family, I have a hard time with speaking French and catch my self occasionally drifting into an Irish accent.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  19. AsheSkyler

AsheSkyler Feathered Jester

English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, and Cherokee. I forget who came in where, but apparently the Celtic part is pretty strong because sometimes I get asked if I'm first generation Irish or Scottish. And oh so many complaints about how stubborn I am.

20. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

My mom's side were Mormons so they were good at digging up records. They were able to trace back to 16th century Germany.