What is Your Ancestry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shane McNair, May 3, 2017.

1. It'sBlitz

It'sBlitz Pilot in training

American, who came from England back around 15-16th century (Possibly why last name is "Hamlet"), and the rest is Swiss or french (Enough for both passports)

2. JinxiFox

JinxiFox This has nothing to do with jelly!

On my mom's side, I'm 3rd generation American. Her mother's side is off the boat Irish, my biological grandfather was half Comanche, and half Irish. My step grandfather was Russian.
    My Father's side is, Swedish, French, and a whole bunch of English. His side we've traced back to the Mayflower crossing.
    My mother's side has roots in both Northern and central Ireland. I had relatives who fought in the Ulster Volunteer Force, and the original IRA.
    Famous relatives include Clyde Barrow, from Bonnie and Clyde fame, a few of the first noblemen to back Henry up on the protestant change, and a very little known poet that was big in the 1700's England.
    My mother's side claims Anne Bonnie, the Pirate Queen, a few notables in the fight for Ireland's independence, both Protestant and Catholic. Honestly, I think everyone from that area of Ireland claim's some connection to Anne Bonnie, so I can't attest to that bit.

Arcturus Maple and Zenoth like this.
  3. Xaroin

Xaroin Sprsh

Ok so basically I can sum it up with this
    Europe - (Spain + Portugal) + Russia

Zenoth likes this.
  4. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

i am also like this Germanic/Scandinavian

i was once asked for my last name and the response i got was "sweet jesus with a name like that you should be 8ft tall longhair magnificent beard riding around on a horse while wielding a battle axe"

5. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

Nordic, Native American, Jamaican, Islander, Mesoamerican, Irish & African.

I look like I am a white guy with a permanent light tan bless my genetics.

6. Arcturus Maple

Arcturus Maple Tiny Miniskirt Enthusiast

Mixture of Nordic and Balkan ancestry on my dad's side, German and English on my mum's.

7. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

Like, 70% Italian, 20% Norwegian along with some other stuff. Born and raised in the land o' freedom.

My nose isn't big I swear

8. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

My mom's side is Mexican-American, while my dad's side is whiter-than-white backwoods Tennessee country people.

I don't no much else about my ancestry other than I have some Native American and French in me.

9. BasilClover

BasilClover Character Collector

My parents are from Rome and Lazio haha, not many guesses there and yes I am short (5'2" ish) and have the world's roundest face despite weighing 105.

10. grey_scarborough

grey_scarborough New Member

I've got myself a couple of things. Navajo, Spanish, french, German on one side from what I can tell, then on the other side is more German and french, but then there's Irish in there as well. I mean. Yeah. Mostly French really, the German ancestry on the Navajo side is dubious at best really. Not much I can really say about that side at all really but that. But with the Irish side I've been able to track my ancestry back pretty well since that side had registered at Ellis Island and they're pretty open about the family history and junk.

So like that side got split at Luxembourg when some fellas had it in their heads to get to a port city and head on over to America and we've crawled our way all the way to the west coast cause the East coast were for loud and rowdy city folk. Much of my family still in Europe seems spread all over the place but a lot of them are out there in Luxembourg, and we've even got the little village of Sampont, from where we get our last names and whatnot. So like yeah there's that.

Not much to say there about Sampont other than it's in a Belgian portion of Luxembourg or something and a Roman road passes through it. So I guess it could be assumed that somewhere down the line I've descended by some thankfully fruitful Romans. But now I'm getting into speculation there. I've been still digging around into that history and it's been a pretty fun pass time really.

11. Nixonia

Nixonia Hi! I'm irritating!

I've always been interested in tracing mine. Hard to do though. One side is Romanian, but my great grandpa and his wife stowed away on a boat to Canada when ww2 broke out, and the rest of that tree is lost to time and warfare. On the other side is British, I'm told. Family crest and all that junk. But I was never allowed to talk with them since those grandparents tried to trade me and my younger brother for a house when I was 5. XDDD So! That lineage, as far as I know, is just British (possibly French)

~Nix

12. Blight Hyaenodon

Blight Hyaenodon New Member

I am adopted so this is speculation past a certain point. I know I am Russian and my parents are also but I think (past this point it's speculation) I might be Polish also or at least another Slavic country or even more who knows. I am going to hopefully do a DNA test this year.

13. fallout19980

fallout19980 Just some guy writing stories and playing dota

Bulgarian and Russian descent here.

14. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

I just got my DNA test back not too long ago. It was to put this Cherokee nonsense to rest finally in my family, and I was vindicated. I was surprised a little my me having so much French in me. German was obvious as my grandfather was first generation. A lot of Irish. I didn't really see that but it made sense because all those folks travel over there.

The #1 that got me and I was greatly surprised was Scandinavian. I was like What? I'mm like 33% or something. I have no ill thoughts to any race and one user on here I have befriended is one so I am not dissing them... but for a while I kind of did. I justify it though. I had a friend that wouldn't shut the fuck up about Vikings. I like the Romans personally. He was Scandinavian himself and played Skyrim and since then he has never has shut the fuck up jarls n shit. Just fucking say king for Christ's sake! So I took great pleasure in bringing up the times Vikings got their asses kicked, which was very hard as I found out. You really have to dig for that shit. The one I can remember off the top of my head was when some Vikings tried to fuck with the Byzantine Empire (which put a big fucking smile on my face) and got their fleet burned by Greek fire and the survivors put to the sword. It was a rare find, but he didn't have to know that :|

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    BasilClover likes this.
  15. Filter

Filter Active Member

British, Swedish, Czech, and a little German.

"He's sitting over there..."

16. Holan Lightningfoot

Holan Lightningfoot New Member

Mostly british. ^^

17. MetroFox2

MetroFox2 New Member

From what I've been told, British: a mix of Wiltshire, Norfolk, and Worcestershire. And a bit of Dutch, which seems to show the most.

18. Norros

Norros Pending Deletion

One of my great-grandmothers was German, so I'm like 88% Russian / 12% German mix.

19. Sivath

Sivath ㅇㅅㅇ

Korean.. I think my mom has a bit of European mixed in, and my father, East south asian, but I don't know.
    My dad's from the Plum Tree Lee family, and mom's from Supreme Choi, if that means anything anymore.

20. EdgyMemeLord0

EdgyMemeLord0 Master of succ

German with a little bit of polish