What is your favorite mixed drink (21+ only)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -AlphaLupi, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

When you want something different from the norm, what is your favorite or "go-to" mixed drink?

I personally like the Madras - vodka, cranberry, and OJ. Looks neat and tastes great.

Zenoth and Simo like this.
  2. Simo

Simo Skunk

A snowball: gin and Squirt, rocks. (grapefruit soda)

or,

a Gin Martini, up, decent dash of vermouth, olives, and just a droplet of Absinthe. (W.Somerset Maugham Martini)

Also:

Stoli Orange Vodka, soda water, dash of bitter, rocks.

-AlphaLupi likes this.
  3. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

But legal drinking age in Canada is 19 with some places being 18

Despite absolutely hating hard liquor I will say there's 2 things I can enjoy without wanting to vomit:

Canadiana (Canada Dry ginger ale and Crown Royale maple)
    Plymouth Gin and tonic with a cut of lemon

WolfNightV4X1 and -AlphaLupi like this.
  4. I like keeping it simple, Shark Attacks are my favs. Pink lemonade + squirt of lemon juice + vodka

-AlphaLupi likes this.
  5. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Technically i don't drink as a general rule, excluding holidays and fancy-pants wine pairings but i make my tincture with 190 proof vodka and i take a swig or two while brewing it.
    i've only tried beer a handful of times and i still have no idea why anyone would drink it voluntarily, let alone to relax... *shudders*

-AlphaLupi likes this.
  6. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

Mojito. It's actually the only one I like. Apart from thatvI just drink wine, sangria and beer.

-AlphaLupi likes this.
  7. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

What? You dont think teenagers can drink on the downlow, heck the popo Imma drink a roobiir! That'll showim!

Anyways, Im 22 and I dont like drinking. Haha!

I do drink sometimes though mainly because people like it for some reason so I do it for the social aspect.

That said my favorites that I actually like the taste of (instead of people drinking some godawful swill for the thrill of just getting drunk) is cider, ales, hard sodas and lemonades, and any of those mixed with coke :p

8. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

When it comes to liquor I useually just drink it straight. But some mixed drinks that I do like would be the classic Gin n Tonic, or a Brass Monkey. AMF's are pretty alright too. Hennessy manhatten style is good (cognac with a splash of organge served with a bit of orange ride for zest). But useually I just drink beer, or Cognac, or Vodka just as they are.

9. Rant

Rant Haters Gonna Hate

I have a hoard of Dock 57 Blackberry whiskey, it's amazing to cook with, drink stright or mix. It's discontinued because that birddog shit is way cheaper. (Tried cooking with birddog a few times, shit is sour and gross)

Whiskey glazed salmon with Dock57 is my favorite!

Zenoth likes this.
  10. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Eh, water and spoon of granulated coffee, does that count? .з.

Zenoth likes this.
  11. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

Fresh ground coffee beans and hot water with a splash of kalua and vodka......or just vodka is pretty good ^^

Simo likes this.
  12. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

I'm Russian and I can't stand vodka, so I guess I'm post-ironic citizen or something

Lcs and Zenoth like this.
  13. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

21+?

Does the time I snuck away with a bottle of wine and orange juice not count?

14. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

My go-to when I'm mixing something at home is vodka and OJ. Hubby keeps scolding me pouring the vodka in last ends up making them stronger, but that way it mixes better! (I really don't need my drinks stronger than they already are; I have the alcohol tolerance of a malnourished shrew.)

Going out I'm happy to try a variety of things, long as it's not carbonated, but the White Russian has a special place in my heart. Alcohol is very much a sometimes treat for me, tho; technically I'm not supposed to drink at all on my current meds.

If you want some inspiration, or just like reading neat custom drink recipes, I can recommend the blog of the late Rusty Nail.

15. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

There's a double meaning to OP since I probably didn't bother with mixed drinks until my Senior year of college when I was well over 21 anyway. Beer from ~15 and straight shots on the rocks since I turned 18. My father did microbrew for nearly a decade, had very firm opinions about drinks, steaks, and cars which rubbed off on me. Still haven't found a brew that tastes like the family brew did, makes me kind of sad.

All-Time favorite: Irish Car Bomb. Tastes like chocolate and cultural insensitivity, truly a unique experience.

The fun years: "___ Bomb" anything. Irish Car Bombs, Jager Bombs, etc. The funnest thing at a party when you get everyone together to do a round of these kind of drinks at once. There's a kind of appeal that makes them even more delicious in a social setting, but they always taste like sadness doing them alone. Seriously, the secret ingredient is a synchronized "plop".

Enlightened Years: Spiced rum goes better with cola or ginger or dark sodas, while Vodka is better with fruity stuff like MtnDews or grapefruit, yet either works in Hot Chocolate, Gin only goes in the fruitiest of drinks, while whiskey stays the fuck in Cola and doesn't leave for nothing. I gained about 25 pounds until I swore off non-diet mixers, waste of calories.

Dark Ages: No name for this one, but I once used 95% pure ethanol to mix a 40% with cranberry instead of water resulting in the one time I had a hangover like muggles describe them. I must have breached 0.2 BAC in under 10 minutes.

Now, now? "Grog". Pour rum/vodka of choice into beer of choice after skipping dinner. The secret ingredient is the last part.

And now for fightn' words:
    There are no grades of vodka merely vodka you haven't filtered yourself, sweeter wines are a waste and price =/= taste for wines, there is a real difference between low and high quality tequila but not for whiskey, and Bourbon is for hipsters, flavored vodkas are shit but not flavored Rum, Crown Royal is the most overrated liquor in existence.

Simo and Zenoth like this.
  16. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Hmm. There are very few alcoholic drinks/beverages I actually like/tolerate.

But, one would be a vodka+Sprite mix with some lemon. My sister made that shit some years ago, and it was NICE.

17. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

You will pry my blackcurrant dessert wine from my cold dead hands. Only wine I'll drink. Fuck tannins. Currently have a wild strawberry wine in the fridge for when I next feel like getting tipsy smashed (because "tipsy" would basically just entail smelling the damn wine). :)

Zenoth and Rykhoteth like this.
  18. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

My go-to's are a dark and stormy, rum/whiskey and coke, or a Moscow mule. They're all simple and yummy.

Zenoth likes this.
  19. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Cheap vodka and fruit punch :3

20. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Rum & Coke, a real mans drink. Sometimes I get so drunk I break out into song and sing sea shanties. But one thing eludes me, why is the rum always gone?