What is your sexual orientation? - Now with definitions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Littlerock, Nov 8, 2013.

?

Which orientation option provided best describes your own?

1. Heterosexual

26.7%
  2. Bi / Het

12.3%
  3. Bisexual

7.4%
  4. Bi / Homo

9.5%
  5. Homosexual

17.5%
  6. Pansexual

6.3%
  7. Demisexual

2.8%
  8. Asexual (aka) Non-sexual / Grey-A

8.1%
  9. Not sure / Don't wish to be labeled

7.4%
  10. Preferred option not provided / Non-binary or option preferred

2.1%
  1. Littlerock

Littlerock numb with cold

This time, I've simplified the options, if you find that perhaps you fit in-between an option, pick the one you feel closest describes your orientation, then elaborate in the thread. This isn't rocket science.

Remember, this is for sexual orientation, not romantic, not platonic, and not aesthetic. We could have separate threads for those if you want, but for now, this should do.
    Cast your vote based on your feelings, not on what other people call you, derogatory or otherwise. This is important, and no one can invalidate your sexuality. For example, if you are a person that identifies as being male, but might not physically be male, and you are attracted primarily to males, you should obviously vote homosexual, not heterosexual. Got it? Neat.

-----

A quick recap on what the options mean, then! If you feel that you need more information on these in general, click here, otherwise, click the links below for more specific learning experiences. If you need another list of links for learning, here's the full Wiki category on the subject, just click and go.

• Bi / Het - Mostly attracted to persons of the opposite sex, partially attracted to persons of the same sex.

• Bisexual - Attracted equally to persons of both sexes.

• Bi / Homo - Mostly attracted to persons of the same sex, partially attracted to persons of the opposite sex.

• Pansexual - Attracted to any person, of any sexual orientation, gender role, physical gender, gender identity, no matter how bad they dance, and regardless of any reason. ( Often related to gender-blindness. ) Similar but not identical to bisexuality in definition.

• Demisexual - Feeling attraction to a specific person, but only after a strong emotional bond has been formed with said person. This is a catchall for demi-homo/het/bi/pan, and is not limited to just binary terms. ( This is usually classed as a subgroup of asexuality. )

• Asexual (aka) Non-sexual / Grey-A - Not attracted to any person of any sexuality. I've also stuck Grey-A in here for those of you who are very nearly asexual, but sometimes find yourself feeling attracted to someone. ( Since Grey-A is considered a subgroup of asexuality, but isn't as largely debated as demisexuality, I feel that it's fine sitting right here. )

• Not sure / Don't wish to be labeled - Unsure yet as to which orientation best fits your feelings, or if you'd much rather not be labeled at all. ( This is a public poll, if you feel that you need to vote, but don't want people to know your orientation, vote here I guess? )

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. Schwimmwagen

Schwimmwagen Active Member

voted for chinese

AustinB likes this.
  3. Littlerock

LEL I C WHAT U DID THERE
    das so raycist

4. PastryOfApathy

PastryOfApathy MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!™

But half of the options aren't actually things.

5. Tailmon1

Tailmon1 Fennec World dominance!

Well it's improved and my answer is still the same! Poo!

6. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky bitch where

pansexual. nope I don't love frying pans.

Deimos MDT likes this.
  7. Carnau

Carnau Ice cream is the only way

Thank you so much Littlerock, I chose Pansexy.

8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox This is what the fandom did to me!

Love is love regardless of attraction.

Deal with it.

9. DrDingo

DrDingo Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others

I voted, but I can't help but think that this poll should be anonymous, as some people might not what to reveal their sexuality to everyone on FAF.

10. BRN

BRN WTB Forum Mod Powers

and love is completely unrelated to sexual attraction, so why it would be brought up in this thread is beyond me

ed: to get back on topic, I saw this thread and ended up frustrated. I just don't know how to answer it - nothing seems fully descriptive. I'm hardly in denial, but I just simply don't know where my boundaries lie. I've yet to find 'em. Hence my vote, 'not provided' - I'm not "not sure", but I just don't seem to have limit or form on my sexual interests. Omnisexual? wharrgarble

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  11. Mr. Fox

Love knows no boundaries.

12. BRN

BRN WTB Forum Mod Powers

irrelevant; feelings of love have nothing to do with whether a dick or a pussy get you off

romantic attraction is not sexual attraction

this is not a venn diagram the two do not even relate why do you even how do what

13. Littlerock

... if you don't want to share, why would you vote at all? There's even a "don't wish to be labeled" option for this. :T People bitched about the poll being anonymous in the past, so I switched it.
    /no pleasing everyone/

14. DrDingo

DrDingo Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others

I'm fine with it. I can just imagine other people might not think in the same way.

15. FenrirDarkWolf

FenrirDarkWolf Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse

For sexual attraction?
    Homosexual.

For actual romantic attraction?
    Bi/Homo

16. Mr. Fox

Yeah I think you're missing the point.

Oh well...

17. LizardKing

LizardKing Guest

So I guess I'll sticky this or something

18. Distorted

Distorted Well-Known Member

I'm gay. I'm sexually and romantically attracted to guys and nothing else. I tried to be attracted to girls but it never really got anywhere. And vaginas make me queasy...

But then I'm not really experienced in relations so I can't really say 100%.

19. Teal

Teal Heartless Monster

Asexual.

20. FenrirDarkWolf

FenrirDarkWolf Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse

Even though I already said something, this describes me pretty well too.
    Except that, only smart ladies catch my attention. Vaginas disturb me too >.>