What music do you like(NOT METAL)?

Discussion in 'Music and Audio' started by Okami_No_Heishi, Mar 6, 2017.

1. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

2. -Praydeth-

I know this is off topic but anyways i work with a modding team for g mod with 6 people and my graphics just sent me the textures for a reskin to make these sentient gnomes look like keemstar steamcommunity.com: Steam Workshop :: Gnome Chompski
    Fuck me why do i deserve this.

I did not make the gnomes by the way just to clarify

3. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

What I mean is that it would be arguably more convenient to just post your favorite music/genres all at once and let other people speak out. What's the point in making such thread if everybody's going to be overyelled by 2-3 people who post again and again? And I'm not even mentioning the fact that the thread itself is misplaced - this subforum is for musicians and user-created music, we have another one for music in general.

(if you know it's off topic, don't post it. No "anyways", pal)

4. -Praydeth-

This is one thing i have seen that i really hate about this community just let things flow and go easy no need to stress about things being off topic a lot of are here to just get in a nice conversation. (this is coming from someone with aspergers something that makes it hard to be able to switch of topics when they are changed and usually don't like it when it happens)
    No one is really too mad here but you just kick back.

5. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

Nothing against laid-back conversations, but you know, off-topic is an off-topic for a reason - is anything, starting a completely unrelated topic for no reason at all is a conversation-breaker, not enchancer.

6. -Praydeth-

So is that and this response now lets stop talking about it agreed?

7. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

I pretty much love everything, except Dub-Step, nothing against anyone who likes it, it just sounds like factory equipment to me. But probably the genre I've been listening to the most lately is Punk Rock (i.e. Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, The Offspring).

Simo likes this.
  8. -Praydeth-

Oh you have been listening to the really bad stuff for the most part then. If you watch this and don't like it i'm certain you just don't like it in general.

But i posted some other songs earlier that got a good reception from other people so view them if you like i'm mainly here to submit. I honestly ever finding a song in my life that someone suggested and i liked. XD

9. My first favorite band was Breaking Benjamin. Mostly because a song of theirs was featured in Halo 2.
    Then I started liking Disturbed when I saw their Land of Confusion music video.

Now I love Assemblage 23, VNV Nation, Covenant, and Neuroticfish. My wife hates them all because of the monotone singing, apparently.

Alestorm satisfies my need for pirate metal, and Falconer is great for medieval.

I hate country and rap..

10. -Praydeth-

Same here. Some songs may be considered southern-ish but not country, Because country is shit.

By southern-ish i mean songs like this.

11. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

Classic Gangsta Rap - NWA, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Ice T, Dr Dre + Ice Cube post NWA, Nas, Warren G, G-Funk, Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang, etc. I have well over 250+ songs saved to the MicroSD on my FM transmitter.

Snoop Dogg is my favorite, no doubt about it. Although one of my all time favorite songs is Nas's NY State of Mind:

Coming from NY, I think the song is fitting.

It's kinda funny, most people are surprised with my choice of music. When people ask I usually just say I listen to whatever, else it usually catches people off guard.

Although, if I'm programming or playing around with computer stuff, messing with hardware, doing pen testing stuff, whatever, I usually listen to music without vocals. Hip-hop instrumentals, techno, dubstep, video game/movie OSTs (Mr. Robot, Interstellar, anything Hans Zimmer), etc. Something akin to this:

12. Multoran

Multoran Active Member

Just metal.
    Only metal.
    Metal is love.
    Metal is life.
    Metal is what you'll taste if you try excluding it again.

13. Okami_No_Heishi

Okami_No_Heishi Very Happily Married For 16 And A Half Years

14. Alex K

Alex K Guest

I don't like the taste of metal myself. Just too metallic for me

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  15. katalistik

katalistik People used tap, it's not very effective.

I like electro.It's a natural thing for tennagers like me.That's why most of the adults will never like dubstep or electro house.Now when I think about it, I think the electonic music it's better than listening to some guys that scream about suffering, despair, dread and how much they want to die etcaetera.

A-and pop.Because yeah, it's pop.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  16. Simo

Simo Skunk

I always found it odd that Charles Manson released at least one album, and it does have an eerie/naive/creepy beauty, at least this song:

17. Kaprima

Kaprima woof

18. Multoran

Multoran Active Member

God, thank you.
    I had forgotten about Infected Mushroom tbh.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Kaprima and Karatine like this.
  19. AlleycatIrony

AlleycatIrony dubstep macarena

i usually listen to a lot of 2006-2009 playlists on youtube, so most of the music from around then i'm pretty into

and i'm also rly big fan of VIXX, (despite the fact that i'm not rly big on kpop at all) love those boys

20. LupusFamilia

LupusFamilia Guest

Graves sounds some "deep" you could say. Rough and unspoiled, very original.
    Like it.

-Praydeth- likes this.