what would happen if anthros met humans?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by modfox, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
?

whould the reaction be violent?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

well this is prettey mutch self explanitory.

2. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

If on international scale, then I think yeah, it's inevitable. Humans would be like, "Let's experiment the crap out of them", and anthros are, like, "We're like those dudes but cooler on physical level, let's just take their place". Even if anthros will be peaceful enough, humans still have a track record of screwing other species. If something local, though, I think a peaceful resolution can be achieved.

AustinB and Kit H. Ruppell like this.
  3. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

I guess there would be alot of racism. And a war is going to start and other stupid things.

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

WWIII

AustinB and modfox like this.
  5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

It would depend a lot on the scale, who they met, which country(ies) they reside in, and how they control interaction, if there is any control, not to mention technological level, cultural, societal and other values/freedoms, religion(s)(if they have any) and outlook on war/diplomacy. If you had like this large population that were slowly introduced to the world, you could control the interaction and control negative impact/interaction to a minimum. A slow introduction, to make the world slowly accustomed to having other sentient species on the planet is essential to prevent unwanted interaction and potential war(s) that may occur.

If our technological level were the same, there wouldn't be much, if any, jealousy on that front. Technological differences often creates jealousy on the less advanced side. It would also depend on their society at large. Their government, civil/individual rights, freedoms, etc.

If they ended up in a country such as Norway, there would be a lot more of a positive meeting. If a third-world country.. Well, you can guess what would happen next. Chances are much lower than in a country and society that values freedom, rights, equality and is a Meritocracy.

Overall, IMO, the meeting wouldn't be violent, if our technological, societal, cultural, governmental and other values were similar, if not almost identical. Also, language. If they all spoke English, communication would be easy as hell.

AustinB and modfox like this.
  6. Simo

Simo Skunk

Everyone would forget their differences quickly, because sex would become so much more interesting, that they'd be too busy to bicker.

7. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Depends on whether or not there is disparity between the two societies. If so, it'll be prone to becoming a violent game of "guns, germs and steel" really quickly.

8. fallout19980

fallout19980 Just some guy writing stories and playing dota

Dunno really. It could either go full planet of the apes style chaos or Monster Musume cuteness.

TwizztedDragon likes this.
  9. Starbeak

Starbeak Sent from Space, resides on Earth.

:)

Similar to what others are saying: I think it would vary on the individual... I think it would be the same way Some humans feel about Extraterrestrials.

In that sense that humans want to experiment on a foreign species to understand their origin, I feel some Anthros would want to do the same... But then the other side of the spectrum is: some humans want to understand the extraterrestrials by interacting with them on a curious level, as opposed to a surgical one. We can learn about a species just by watching them instead of dissecting them. I feel some Anthros would be curious as well while other Anthros grab the scalpel.

There will be a division between Caring Anthros and Malicious Anthros as well as Caring Humans and Malicious Humans. Thus a war would break out for control of what is "right" for the planet.

Example: I would see one anthro and wave at it, if it waves back and continues doing it's thing, I would be fine with it. But if I wave at it and it runs at me with a weapon, I would run or fight it.

I wouldn't be the first to attack, I would wait to see what the intentions are before I would make any decision. As I stated before, it would depend on the individual.

This is my opinion on this manner.

:)

10. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

If you watched bojack horseman you can bet it works :v

No but really humanity has shown it can't handle differences in each other, an anthropomorphic race would be just another race of humanoids to be racist against until war and civil rights play in and make some intense changes through and through

11. real time strategist

real time strategist "What's an airport, again?"

Yo dawg would be a lot more literal.

AustinB, Wollymon, Filter and 2 others like this.
  12. Renven

Renven Member

an all out genocide on the anthros

13. Junkerfox

Junkerfox Bacon gives me a Lard on

Blood! Blood!! Blooood!!
    Aaand...death

AustinB and Wollymon like this.
  14. Wollymon

Wollymon Profile pic is a weird face until further notice

Well it depends on how the anthros showed up
    If they were made by humans than it would probably be fine...
    But if they were aliens than this would be the reaction:

people:

"ah, ther gonna take over earth!!! lets riot and stuff"

government:

"lets experiment on them"

anthros:

"god help us"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    AustinB and Junkerfox like this.
  15. Junkerfox

They took our jobs

16. Wollymon

Wollymon Profile pic is a weird face until further notice

and they relocated all humans to Antarctica, and took the rest of the world to themselves

Junkerfox likes this.
  17. Junkerfox

No one can stop the reFURmation

Wollymon and Simo like this.
  18. Activoid

Activoid Ace Artist

Look no further than X-Men to see how that would work out.

19. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka Active Member

there would be NSFW everywhere

EVERYWHERE

EVERYWHERE IS NSFW, RIP. PIGEONS.

20. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

why does everyone assume violence or experimentation?

realistically it would be like

"oh shit a new anthro species where have you been the past 100,000 years well give us all your historical texts and medical texts and tell us why you contacted us have we disturbed your homeland in some way? were you living in some remote area in the Amazon or Australia?

21. real time strategist

real time strategist "What's an airport, again?"

I find this makes most since because we already have the no racism stuff down so I can see people easily settling into a life with anthros, I just want to see what their versions of furries would be.

22. Iovic

Iovic Member

Judging from history, it would be "Us vs. Them". Most conflicts in history boil down to "because They are different to Us and are therefore evil/subhuman/[insert negative description here]".
    Sure, a lot of people would either accept or be indifferent, but there are a LOT of people who would be intolerant.

23. ChapterAquila92

Given how vague the OP was, for all we know we could be talking about hypothetical aliens from Galaxy M-34 re-enacting Columbus' New World voyage on an intergalactic scale, and we play the part of the primitive local natives who aren't even worth the time of day for them.

24. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

imagine how the furry haters would react

Wollymon likes this.
  25. ChapterAquila92

Nope. "Anthro meets Human" is a blank slate devoid of context.

The big thing of note here is origin.

Where are these anthros coming from? For all we know, they could just as easily be living in some remote part of the Amazon as they could be from another world.

Similarly, how advanced is their technology? Again, for all we know, they could be stone-age primitives, space-faring colonists, anything in between or even beyond as their equivalent of posthumanism.

Thirdly, how is their society structured? Humanity is a textbook case in how different societies can be simultaneously alike and yet so alien from one another, and although it's a mediocre example it's likely to follow that any anthro society we encounter will be a similar wildcard and that we shouldn't expect them to share our values to any meaningful extent.

Yakamaru likes this.