What youtuber have you stopped watching?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lupi900, May 18, 2017.

1. lupi900

lupi900 Member

For food channel's werckless eating is pretty much shit. There owners are ignorant assholes, There taste in food are laughably poor, insulted there fans were they moved to other better channels, etc.

Edit: Yes i changed my OP to another channel sue me.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Youtubers/Youtube channels I've stopped subbing to:
    The Amazing Atheist(Doing little actual research on topics. His stance on certain topics are just nuts)
    Atheism is Unstoppable(He's fucking cancer)
    Alex Jones(50 videos a day's too much for my poor notification log >_<). Still visit his channel once or twice a day for some videos to watch, though
    Trey of Triforia(Stopped makin videos altogether)
    Kurzgesagt
    Lockstin & Gnoggin

That's about it, I think. I don't really unsub from channels often.

lupi900 likes this.
  3. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

For some strange reason i used to watch Bearing. Hell if i remember what videos i watched but at the time they weren't all that offensive but eventually he's become an outright dickhead. He doesn't want to discuss disagreements or make valid points about the views he criticizes. He just resorts to calling people names, insulting their intelligence or disregarding the argument altogether. He just wants to pick fights! He also aims for the lowest hanging fruit, directing videos towards the mentally handicapped, autistic or whatever. Just let weirdos be weirdos! i'd say, "Nobody's forcing you to watch their videos or listen to their opinions", but now he actually has to because he's turned being a jerk into an actual profession. i occasionally swing by once a month or so to see what topics he's visited but for the most part he can't go 20 seconds without falling back on insults like a child. He doesn't just attack or criticize other YouTubers or those expecting some amount of push-back either, he aims for comments from "nobodies"; people like you and i who don't have a dog in the race. -And every time he does it, hundreds of his fans take part in the shit throwing, destroying those who dare object to his content.
    i fully agree and understand that he (nor any critique or celebrity) should be held responsible for the actions of their fans but after seeing what happens to the poor saps he directs his critique towards, he still doesn't seem to care. Just imagine going to a boxing match as a spectator and getting your shit kicked in by the competitors...and then again by your fellow spectators, just for cheering on the other guy in the ring. i don't want to participate or endorse that kind of discourse so i just stopped watching his content. it's not a debate anymore so far as he's concerned, it's a competition of who can sting the hardest without addressing the goddamn topic. it's actually a damn shame because he CAN make good humorous arguments when he wants to. Unfortunately he's discovered that making 2-3 minute videos of, "Look at this here cunt! Ain't he a spazz!?", and calling it a day earns more ad revenue than actually challenging ideas.

lupi900 likes this.
  4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Lol, wut?

Got any examples?

5. PlusThirtyOne

Examples of what specifically?

6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Lol, you didn't read what you yourself wrote?

^ I'd love to see specific examples of all of these. And the videos for them. Bearing has a LOT of videos out. I am certain you can find a lot of examples. I believe in you. <3

Then we have this little gem:
    Criticizing someone is just that: Criticism. If you can't handle criticism, get off the internet. As perfect examples of this, are Steve Shives, Riley Dennis and Kevin Logan, to name a few.. ((((unique)))) individuals.

No one is responsible for the actions of their fans. No exceptions, unless he/she are explicit and tells her/his fans into in targeting specific individuals, platforms and/or groups.

7. Simo

Simo Skunk

Huh, I never started watching any. Just music videos, cartoons, old TV shows and such. Can't say I've ever been interested in the commentary-oriented stuff.

My housemate watches Board Game Geeks/Dice Tower Reviews, so I guess sometimes I do too, so that sorta counts, Tom Vassel and that bunch. But none that I really follow regularly.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Yakamaru likes this.
  8. lupi900

lupi900 Member

Who said anything about not getting criticism?. He criticized that youtuber for being a shitty drama channel, funny how anti-PC people are alway's the first to cry harder.

My OP talks about gaming channel that has the same tone, But because me and others don't like it we can't handle criticism?, Grow up kid.

9. PlusThirtyOne

Durrrrhurrhurr! i know what i just typed but i brought up several points. i don't like Bearing's content so i'd rather not have to dig through his channel to find examples of this and that so i hoping i could remember specifics off the top of my head. To be clear, i don't always disagree with his viewpoints but i don't like how he goes about sharing them. Punctuating valid points with insults doesn't make you any more correct so why is it necessary? Yeah yeah yeah, sure, SOME people like it but i don't; simple as that.
    6 months ago his channel got nuked so i can't go back very far through his catalog but you actually don't have to watch many of his videos to find the insults. He refers to one of his favorite targets as "Fisty Splinters". He refers to a comedian (albeit an unfunny one) as a "dick nose" in the title of his video. He liberally uses "retard", "moron" and "douchebag" in his titles, slamming his targets with insults right out of the gate. He even has a whole series of videos on a dude who likes soiled period pads which is just low hanging fruit. Yeah, it's gross. Leave him to his kinky devices. i don't want to hear about this kid's kinks and i don't care to hear Bearing's reaction either. Bearing knows he's a jerk and he revels in it. He likes the reactions he gets because he gets to make his own reactions to the people who make counter-content. if stirring the drama pot wasn't his intent then why would he bother making responses? in several livestreams (sometimes for 1-3 hours and hosted on other channels) with other YouTubers, he dominates the arguments with yelling, insults and name calling without making an actual argument.

i don't think his channel should be taken down. i don't think he should be censored. i don't think his opinions are invalid. i don't even think he's wrong half the time! i just don't like his content. That's all.

i disagree with that assessment 100%. i firmly believe that everyone should have the freedom to disagree but nobody should ever HAVE TO defend their beliefs if they don't want to. Nobody should HAVE TO read negative comments. Nobody should HAVE TO address criticism. Steve Shives may be a special brand of "willfully ignorant", maybe even "cuck* in denial" but he has every right to block whomever he wants on social media. Believe it or not, there are reasons behind his opinions, whether we agree with those opinions and reasons or not. Bearing has just as much right to be crass as Shives has to hide in his cave.

-And i (and everyone else) have every right to ignore them both.

* i hate that word so goddamn much but i couldn't think of a better one. Fuck you, internet, for ruining my vocabulary... LOL

And before anybody gets the wrong idea:
    Yakamaru is totes the bomb and is free to disagree with me.
    No hard feels, yo! <3

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  10. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Last time I checked, if you put your shit out there in public, people are free to make videos about it, criticize it however they want, make satire of it if they want, and mock it if they want.

I do not look upon Bearing as an asshole. His channel is basically satire, and so are his videos. If Bearing didn't make a videos on how stupid these people are, someone else would've done so.

But I respect your opinion, and I see where you're coming from. Yeah, he can look like a complete fuckwit who attacks people for their beliefs who are in a minority.

If you are on a public, open and free-ish platform such as Youtube, criticism and people attacking your beliefs are unavoidable. However, it's 100% up to you if you actually want to defend your beliefs or not, and it's 100% up to you if you actually want to make a video about them, or even interact with them.

If you attack/insult someone you are to expect being attacked and/or insulted back. It's that simple. If you attack and/or insult someone then proceed to not wanting to interact with them, you will be ridiculed, mocked, made fun of, and even have a fun character, such as Fisti Splinters, made of you. Especially when you lie, make strawman arguments, and/or ignore arguments/evidence you can't refute.

Not wanting negative feedback is fine. However, you will end up in an echo chamber you most often can't escape from. But, advocating for someone's channel to get deleted jus because you disagree with them, is not.

I see, understand and respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. <3
    (Unlike OP, who seem to just have blocked me for some reason or another. Can't be assed to log off to see his reply)

11. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Pewdiepie (I kept looking at some of his videos until last year but I got bored)
    Geek and Sundry (Got boring)
    All the lets play channels I was subscrbed to.
    The amazing atheist(I still like some of the stuff he does but the rest is meh).

12. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

Copy the URL and paste it into an incognito tab. It's just four buttons with the shortcuts in chrome. c: (I don't know the shortcuts for firefox, but it's probably similar)