What's the Story Behind your Username?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FluffyShutterbug, Apr 26, 2017.

1. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

I uh... Think there's a chance that I've encountered a similar thread to this, so forgive me if this is redundant. Anyway, I'm a curious gal, and I've been wondering, how did you fellas come to choose your username? I picked mine because I'm fluffy, because I'm a fox, and because I'm a photographer, or "shutterbug". There's also a third reason, as well. I didn't want my username to reflect my species or any other specific, because it's not possible to change your username on the mainsite, so "FluffyShutterbug" would allow me to be any mammal, in case I changed my mind. (If you fellas are curious, my previous, practically unknown account is called, AlyssaKat. I had to start a new account, for obvious reasons...) Anyway, what's your story?

Frostbyte The Shark likes this.
  2. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Pipistrelle is a bat species, and I consider it a pretty funny word to say out loud :D One letter is removed for convenience - there are several people on various sites who may use "pipistrelle" as a handle, but hardly anybody who twists the word in any way, so I don't have problems with registering my account.

3. FluffyShutterbug

Heh... Without tacking on numbers, eh?

4. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Yap, that is -u- Had to do that a lot when sitting around with my generic "nerdbat" handle a while ago

5. FluffyShutterbug

Did you just change your avatar icon? XD

6. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Ah, yeah, it's from a recent pic of my three primary (and pretty much only) OCs. But that's the topic for another thread, so I digress c:

Attached Files:

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  7. Frostbyte The Shark

Frostbyte The Shark Your Personal Shark Maid

Years ago.. let's see.. 8-10 years? I had the thoughts of creating a video game company, so I thought.. what's 'witty' and yet has to do with video games?
    I was at work when I thought of Frostbyte. (Get it? Byte? Hurr durr)

Unfortunately, I have not been successful with making a video game company. My first attempt actually losing money on licensing and LLC fees, only to make like $50 from family/friends who bought our game.

BUT! That gave me the name Frostbyte to use for a sona name. My original was Zeke The Cat, but then for some reason 3 years ago, I changed to a shark, named Frostbyte.

8. FluffyShutterbug

That's a pretty awesome username! How's mine, by the way?

9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Someone wanted me to take his nickname before he died. I've been honoring his death ever since, every time I log on.

Lol, nah. Was watching Naruto some 13-14 years ago. When I saw the name "Akamaru", Kiba's dog, I thought "I can do something about this name.. Oh, I know! Lets slap a "Y" infront of that name!"

"Yakamaru... I like the sound of that." Boom, been using it ever since.

PixelVixen likes this.
  10. FluffyShutterbug

Kewl! And, funny thing, I actually made this thread, because I was specifically curious about your username... XD

Yakamaru likes this.
  11. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

You've got to be kidding. :D

Could've just asked? Over Discord or something? :p

12. FluffyShutterbug

I'm not kidding.... :D I dunno... I guess that I wanted to hear more than one story? XD

Yakamaru likes this.
  13. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

True.

Every new thread tend to attract more people.

And I was wondering about where Pipistrele got his nick from.. :p

14. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

I made the account because I need a queer sounding name that was also foreign and sohomo because it's a play on nohomo, which was made because I was bored.

This eagle thing doesn't even have a name

It still annoys me that it's from a Chinese cartoon and not Yakamaru from Runescape

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Yakamaru likes this.
  15. FluffyShutterbug

And your first name is Sergei?

16. Frostbyte The Shark

I like yours! It is really creative. 'Shutterbug' is a term that I don't see often, yet is easy to understand what it means. So, it's really creative and unique!
    Question though, do you have any sort of gallery of pictures you've taken? I am quite curious!

17. FluffyShutterbug

Oh. Yes I do, actually. (Um, I'm transgender, by the way, and I haven't told everyone yet, so my gallery page still uses my deadname...)

www.flickr.com: Zak Dietz

Frostbyte The Shark likes this.
  18. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Hell no

Also for some reason AlyssaKat seems like a familiar name to me but I can't place it anywhere

19. FluffyShutterbug

It seems like a common thing for a felines to have their names set up like *Name*Kat.

20. Frostbyte The Shark

Very cool. Nice and clear pictures. I like the kitties!