What's the Story Behind your Username?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FluffyShutterbug, Apr 26, 2017.

1. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

This name doesn't mean anything really. My usual username is madhornet, something I've had for 8 years. I like insects, so that clears things up pretty quickly.

2. Julen

Julen ✮ Banter Squad Member ✮

It's my fucking name irl

That was easy

3. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

IRL?

4. Julen

Yeh

I'm tired. Don't expect me to write properly

5. FluffyShutterbug

I don't know what IRL stands for...

6. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

In real life

7. FluffyShutterbug

Oh.... XD

8. Julen

Gg

(good game, just in case lol)

9. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

"Xeroyn" Was given long whiles ago by Military buddies as a code/nick name, because abnormally, freakishly, impossibly excellent shot. Still am. Added "Mustergal" Later. Thats a smash up atwix Mustelid (Otter) and Sergal. "Royn" Because, matches shortened birth name that everyone except mother, grandmother, and one former girlfriend uses. One shot. One kill. Targets not even safe past effective ranges.

10. MikaKoinu

MikaKoinu New Member

- - -

If I remember, my username was created when I was around 14. I played a fantasy golf game called Pangya (a little lame I know haha!) I was more weaboo than I am now.. I learned koneko meant kitten (I love cats obviously) and I tried to mix that with Mika, that being the first 4 letters of my name. It didn't really come together.. MikaNeko, NekoMika, KonekoMika, it just didn't look right. Then I decided the next best thing which was "Koinu" which means "puppy". The name I guess could be said like "Little puppy Mika" or something but since then it had stuck with me and I've used it for just about everything now. Never really had a problem with it being taken on website or games except for Twitter!

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  11. AnarchyLynx

AnarchyLynx New Member

I kinda thought about doing the same XD

I chose AnarchyLynx because a) my fursona is a lynx and b) I'm kind of an anarchist - not exactly hardcore and definitely more of the hippy/Noam Chomsky kind than the blowing stuff up and rioting kind, although I decided it would be fun to make my new fursona/oc an anarchist revolutionary (in a juvenile, just-finished-watching-The-Matrix kind of way) and because of that it felt appropriate referencing that in my username on sites where I was going to use that character. So that's basically it - not the most interesting story in the world I'll grant but a little more original than [name]Kat I thought :p

12. FluffyShutterbug

Interestingly, my original sona, Alyssa Lukas, was a lynx, not a cat. XD

13. msgrandpabacon

msgrandpabacon Active Member

STORY OF MY USERNAME: Msgrandpabacon
    Ms. because I am biologically female
    Grandpa because when I was section leader in my high school band I had all my section call me grandpa
    Bacon because that is literally the name everyone calls me. Parents, teachers, friends, co-workers. Everyone.
    The end.

14. FluffyShutterbug

Oh, kewl! I was sorta curious about your name. :3

msgrandpabacon likes this.
  15. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I think this is the third time I've responded to a thread like this, but fuck it.

My username is just my initials. I kind of want to change it to something more fun, but apparently we can't do this on FAF... :(

16. FluffyShutterbug

I feel your pain... As I say in the initial post, my ORIGINAL account was actually called "AlyssaKat". So, I had to start from scratch when I decided that my sona should be a red fox...

Lcs likes this.
  17. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted Arwing pilot

Some would probably get the impression that "Shane McNair" is my name irl, but it actually isn't. Not even close....

18. FluffyShutterbug

Is that the name of your sona?

19. Shane McNair

Yes.

20. FluffyShutterbug

Oh, kewl! Oh, and if you're curious, my (sona's) name is Jamie Foxworthy. :3

21. Shane McNair

That's a nice name. Very appropriate and has a nice ring, too.

22. FluffyShutterbug

Oh, cool! I'm glad you like it! :D

23. SwampGoat

SwampGoat Gris-Gris on you

I'm from the swamp, and goats are awesome. Pretty simple, sort of boring. Also, there is a stoner/doom metal song called Swamp Goat.

24. Akai Kurieta

Akai Kurieta New Member

25. SicPanther515

SicPanther515 First of all... no...

I love Slipknot and I love mountain lions. Apparently, my totem is a mountain lion.

AnarchyLynx likes this.