What's your favorite qoute?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Carbyne, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Yakamaru

Yakamaru 100% Weaponized Autism

"Last night in Sweden."

"Gender is a social construct."

"Why aren't I fifty points ahead, you might ask."

Just some of my favorite quotes so far. More to come!

Junkerfox and Akartoshi like this.
  2. Akartoshi

Akartoshi you have been booped by the web potater foxxo

Апролетарцәа атәылақуа ӡегьы рҿы иҟоу, шәҽеидышәкыл!

aka workers of the world, unite!

3. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Пролетарии всех стран, объединяйтесь?

4. Simo

Simo Skunk

"Irruption of the magical in the life of Snow White: Snow White knows a singing bone. The singing bone has told her various stories which have left her troubled and confused: of a bear transformed into a king’s son, of an immense treasure at the bottom of a brook, of a crystal casket in which there is a cap that makes the wearer invisible. This must not continue. The behavior of the bone is unacceptable. The bone must be persuaded to confine itself to events and effects susceptible of confirmation by the instrumentarium of the physical sciences. Someone must reason with the bone."

-Donald Bartheleme, except, Snow White, 1967

5. Jarren

Jarren You can't just quote yourself! -Me

"They've got us surrounded again, those poor bastards" Tank Ace Lafayette G. Poole, during the battle of the bulge.

Yakamaru, Saga and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  6. Starbeak

Starbeak Sent from Space, resides on Earth.

:cool:

Hard to pick just one so I will choose a grab-bag of one dozen (=

"Eat my shorts" - Bart Simpson

"Hi-Diddly-Ho neighbor-ino" - Ned Flanders

"Cowabunga!" - TMNT

"Hands off my prey" - Falco Lombardi

"Giggity" - Quagmire

"Party ova here" - Cleveland Brown

"Get Schwifty" - Rick And Morty

"If you are not playing the game, you are letting the game play you" - Glirotus

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK

"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender Bending Rodriguez

"Aw Geez" - Morty

"Gonna be top of the woods" - From Hoodwinked.

:cool:

7. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

"The prelude to action is the work of the engineroom department.”
    - Admiral Sir John Jellicoe, Battle of Jutland, 1916

"A liberal society cannot be defended by herbivores. We need carnivores to save us, but we had better make sure the meat-eaters hunt only on our orders."
    - Michael Ignatieff, 2004

"As a former denizen of Harvard, I’ve had to learn that a sense of reality doesn’t always flourish in elite institutions. It is the street virtue par excellence. Bus drivers can display a shrewder grasp of what’s what than Nobel Prize winners. The only way any of us can improve our grasp of reality is to confront the world every day and learn, mostly from our mistakes, what works and what doesn’t. Yet even lengthy experience can fail us in life and in politics. Experience can imprison decision-makers in worn-out solutions while blinding them to the untried remedy that does the trick."
    - Michael Ignatieff, 2007

"A warrior’s honour is a slender hope, but it may be all there is to separate war from savagery. And a corollary hope is that men can be trained to fight with honour. Armies train people to kill, but they also teach restraint and discipline."
    - Michael Ignatieff, The Warrior's Honour: Ethnic War and the Modern Conscience

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Open_Mind likes this.
  8. Akartoshi

Akartoshi you have been booped by the web potater foxxo

Да, но я писал в абхаз :p

9. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

"...order without freedom, even if sustained by momentary exaltation, eventually creates its own counterpoise; yet freedom cannot be secured or sustained without a framework of order to keep the peace. Order and freedom, sometimes described as opposite poles on the spectrum of experience, should instead be understood as interdependent."

Henry Kissinger

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  10. Simo

Simo Skunk

"I don't piss, I don't shit
    I'm getting no relief
    people shake their heads in disbelief"

-Dead Milkmen

11. Gr8fulFox

Gr8fulFox Member

"It ain't 'armed robbery' if the gun ain't loaded." -Hi

12. Topaz-Timber-Wolf

Topaz-Timber-Wolf New Member

Alice: How long is forever?
    White Rabbit: Sometimes, only a second.

Dongding likes this.
  13. Storm38

Storm38 Tangy-Tot

Do I get bonus points if I act like I care? ~ House

"All the world needs is me. I've got my values...so you can keep yours, alright?
    I don't get people. Never have, never will." - Neku Sakuraba

"What other people think only lasts a second... but how you consider yourself lasts forever." - Zen

"No matter what happens, you can never lose hope. You have to remember what's most important, and that't to have faith, and to have love. If you can remember all of those, That'll bring you good luck."

14. sbm1990

sbm1990 Folf Guitarist

"Be yourself, because those who mind don't matter, and those who don't mind matter." -Dr.Seuss

Dongding and Lcs like this.
  15. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

"death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live"

It's tattooed on my chest

sbm1990 likes this.
  16. Blueberrydragon

Blueberrydragon New Member

"He started it"

17. sharprealmcomics

sharprealmcomics https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sharprealmcomics/

Every line from Last air bender - *Spats out for no reason* THIS WAS THEIR TRAINING AREA!

18. Open_Mind

Open_Mind Well-Known Member

(So many to choose from)

"Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by Nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an Open Mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candor."
    -- Tom Hanks

19. MetroFox2

MetroFox2 Member

"If"
    - The Spartans response to Persian threats / demands.

Jarren likes this.
  20. Basi~

Basi~ I'm here to kick gum, and chew ass

I feel the only person who I've "studied" enough to understand his work and pick a quote would be Langston Hughes... Instead of picking random words of wisdom from a person I don't know much.

www.poets.org: Life is Fine
    "Life is Fine" a poem about perseverance and survival

Open_Mind likes this.
  21. Simo

Simo Skunk

"In the last couple of decades or so, something has happened to the American dream. I don't quite know what it is, and it's still not very clear in my mind. Confusion has replaced patriotism. The intellect has replaced love. If something doesn't make money, no one is interested. Everything is for sale. Emotions are sold. Sex is sold. Everything is sex. Cars, women, clothes, your face, your hands, your shoes! Look at the ads, at television. My emotions aren't for sale. My thoughts can't be bought. They're mine. I don't want movies that sell me something. I don't want to be told how to feel."

- John Cassavetes, film director, died, 1989

22. RuffusTheLynx

RuffusTheLynx Pff... just a casual lynx...

I think, my favorite quote it's that helped me to progress in the fandom:

"Do not exchange what you most want in your life for what you want at the moment, because the moments pass, but the life keep going."
    -I don't know who.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  23. Foenixblood

Foenixblood 75% gryphon, 25% phoenix, 100% fun

"It's not how much time you have, it's how you use it" - Ekko

24. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

"America is a country of liberty. A meeting of immigrants. Instead of simply assimilating, its citizens live along side others. Their roots are varied. Diverse. America's never been made up of just one people. But [Zero] tried to forge a single consciousness. For it, and from it. The idea that every citizen would use free will to unite behind their country... Unilateralism like that can't be entrusted to any one individual. So the major sought a system which used information, words, to control the "subconscious".

To unite America and the entire world. The major thought this was his friend's will. But I think he never understood what she wanted. Before he ever walked, or cried - even before he was born - his mother tongue was English. He doesn't know the pain of losing his own language. Not yet. He cannot understand her will. I do. I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post, my masters changed, along with the words they made me speak. Words are... peculiar. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong... War changed me - and not only my visage. Words can kill. I was invaded by words, burrowing and breeding inside me. A philosopher once said, "It is no nation we inhabit, but a language." "Make no mistake, our native tongue is our true fatherland." My fatherland - my truth was stolen from me. And so was my past. All that's left is the future. And mine is revenge. On those who'd leech off the words of their fellow man. This is what I learned from the major. And then it hit me. It was he who should feel my wrath. He and the code he chose as basis for control. Language codes, information codes - beamed all around us - genetic codes spanning history. By controlling the codes, Cipher... Zero intends to unify the world. Codes implanted into our heads, sucking our minds dry as it spreads from one host to the next. A parasite upon the earth. That is what Zero is. As one born into this world, he's afflicted. I hold him responsible for killing my freedom. Killing all traces of my past... Killing any promise of a future... We are all but dead men forced to walk upon this earth. A world reduced to Zero. Cipher plans to use its codes to control the world. They think they can.

And the "mother tongue" of all those codes is English.
    [...]
    I will exterminate the English language. With this, I'll rid the world of infestation. All men will breathe free again - reclaim their past, present, and future. This is no ethnic cleanser. It is a "liberator," to free the world from Zero. Let the world be. Sans lingua franca, the world will be torn asunder. And then, it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain. The world will need a new common tongue. A language of nukes. My Metal Gears shall be the thread by which all countries are bound together, in equality. No words will be needed. Every man will be forced to recognize his neighbor. People will swallow their pain. They will link lost hands. And the world will become one. This war is peace."
    ~Skull Face, Metal Gear Solid 5

A petty villain in the end, but he isn't without his convincing memes from time to time.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  25. LoneWolfy

LoneWolfy is Emotional

I find quoting dumb and cliche. Just because someone famous said some idea doesn't make it any more true or important than if it was said by a filthy peasant.