When your friends hate furries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stadt, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Stadt

Stadt Eeriee the Wendigo

But they're all fanboying over their OCs in Sonic Forces.

[​IMG]

shintarouee, lupi900, modfox and 12 others like this.
  2. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

When my friend's piss me off with thier stuff I piss them off with furry stuff. It usually makes them stop:p

aloveablebunny and Rimna like this.
  3. LoneWolfy

LoneWolfy is Emotional

When you have no friends

Simo and JustSomeDude84 like this.
  4. Open_Mind

Open_Mind Well-Known Member

^^ you've got a few here, if you'll have them....

Simo, aloveablebunny and Ramjet556 like this.
  5. Dalirous

Dalirous New Member

hmmm I can't say my friends hate furries. They just don't wanna hear about it, but they do enjoy my artwork...

modfox likes this.
  6. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

You seem confused. Do you believe that art, culture, and fandom are somehow all the same exact thing, or do they instead represent different perspectives and approaches? You seem surprised, but I don't see anything particularly unexpected here. Do you also call team sports 'furry' because they have mascots running around on field? Is ancient and classical literature furry because sometimes people are transformed into or interact with animals? Or are you failing to read deeper into millennia of shared culture, instead tossing arounds superficial labels in denigration?

Of course, the other obvious issue here is that even if we're looking at the actual fandom, it's a pretty diverse place and you can't look at any slice of it and go from the specific to the general often.

When your friends hate furry, they probably also hate lots of things, certainly the earnest freaks, geeks, and artists. You need better friends, those losers are only dragging you low. Find people who get through life without insecurely dissing things that are merely culture and art. You want positivist friends who create, and not vandals who would contemptuously destroy. It's a matter of spiritual hygiene.

WolfNightV4X1, Simo and -..Legacy..- like this.
  7. Open_Mind

I'm printing that and keeping it on my desk. Well said. *tips hat*

8. Stadt

Stadt Eeriee the Wendigo

Nah, they're cool people, they just rag on me for liking furry stuff a lot. Like, movies and cartoons with anthro stuff. Just thought it was a bit hypocritical of them getting so excited about their cats and wolves.

9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

Lol. None of my friends give a fuck. But then again I know who to keep as company.

Is it really hypocritical? You like and dislike all kinds of shit. Furries are no different. Liking Sonic while hating Furries are not double standards as they are two different fandoms, not to mention have different reps and different people in them.

Akartoshi likes this.
  10. Stadt

Stadt Eeriee the Wendigo

Fanboying over an OC anthro character if furry af, imo.

11. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

When I first moved into my place, my room mate saw my coyote tail keychain and started bashing on furries about how they wear tails because they have no balls and use the tails to cover their buttholes... I kept my mouth shut... when my roomie saw my panda suit he was like.. omg that's amazing, I love it, I want one.. im thinking... youre an asshole who cant pay the rent by yourself...

Astusthefox, Stadt, Ginza and 6 others like this.
  12. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

Lawl.

Should've gone "But I thought you didn't like Furries you hypocritical cunt". xD

Fuzzylumkin likes this.
  13. Scales42

Scales42 MLG Snake

For me, either they dont give a fuck, or they simply dont know it ;)

Ginza likes this.
  14. DakaraiDragon

DakaraiDragon In the Court of the Crimson King

My friends used to take jabs at me, but I just kept doing my thang and they got over it

Open_Mind likes this.
  15. Simo

Simo Skunk

Same here. Hard to imagine anyone I know even casually would be freaked out given how generally eccentric I am, and how the place I work is really an odd mix of people. (college library) But friends of mine have been more curious, than anything else.

Scales42 likes this.
  16. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

it just shows how oblivious he is, since I clearly have furry bumper stickers all over my car...

Yakamaru likes this.
  17. Ginza

Ginza Unironically Ironic

meh, when my friends make fun of furries, I join in. Hell, most of their criticisms are correct. Then again, all of them are total weeb trash so I just shake my head. I don't usually share my furry shit with the world, because nobody cares. My friends who know, don't care in the end. The rest don't know, and don't care enough to

closetcutie and Yakamaru like this.
  18. closetcutie

closetcutie sea doggo

Yeah pretty much sums me up ngl. I'm new to the community anyways so I'm not that invested to begin with, but even if I was I don't think I'd give too much of a shit. It's not like I'm walking down the halls announcing to every skiv that I'm a fur. It's not my place to expect everyone to understand and accept my hobbies, and to be quite frank... being a furry is inherently abnormal behaviour, I've just elected not to give a shit and have some fun regardless. Two of my friends know just cause it popped up in casual conversation once. They rag on the fandom as well and I'll join in cause like you said... there are definitely lots of aspects of the fandom to laugh about. But they don't like shame me or anything. They find it pretty weird, but they know that they're into their own weird shit as well so I think we've all just elected to accept each other's weird habits cause like... everyone's got one.
    This just might be the saltiness coming out, but if anyone I've ever met was hostile to furries, it'd be my ex girlfriend. She'd always consider herself a really accepting and kind person, and I mean for the most part she is... but hoo boy if she got a bad vibe from any group of people she would never let you hear the end of it and would fucking cONDEMN you if you were part of it. Again, being a furry isn't really a huge part of my life, but I did feel a bit insecure with that plus a lot of other aspects of myself being things she openly shunned. I felt like I could never tell her anything. She's a Roman Catholic, and has some...er... conservative views on anything that goes on in the bedroom, and I'm not gonna get into my personal life too much here but lets just say she made me feel like a complete whore next to her lol. That and also with the whole being gay thing (which is ironic cause she also likes girls but apparently doesn't now smth??? Jfc that girl is confusing, it was a wild 5 months). Ughhhhh man I'm way off topic, but when I get on the topic of her my mind races lmao.

Ginza and Fuzzylumkin like this.
  19. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

Most of my friends are cool
    with a furry so I guess I have good friends.

20. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

lol sounds like an interesting girl, would love to meet her ;)

21. AcidWolf22

AcidWolf22 Lemon enthusiast

I don't have any friends that hate furries, but my brother does.
    He doesn't express it, but he just ignores anything furry-related I show him.

22. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Never had any that were hateful of furs luckily. But from reading threads like this, its funny how many IRL haters struggle with that people have there likes.

23. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

Conversation today, as I was cycling through some pics of certain hairstyles I was trying to figure out on a wolf.

What the hell is that?

What?

You're one of those.

And you're a Marine, and you still can't beat my ass.

That ones pretty cool.

:D

Astusthefox, Stadt, Crimcyan and 3 others like this.
  24. Open_Mind

^^^ I'm sad I can only hit the like button once for that

AcidWolf22 and -..Legacy..- like this.
  25. AcidWolf22

AcidWolf22 Lemon enthusiast

Same :D