Where did you get your name from?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sogreth, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Sogreth

Sogreth Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer

Or your Avatar, Fursona, or whatever else! Where did they come from? I want to hear your stories!

For me, my Avatar comes from a VN called Morenatsu, his name is Juuichi. Honestly, I like Wolves, I even have a tattoo of a wolf on me lol. But this guy....THIS GUY! Something about him. I really like him.

And my name comes from a game called Brave Story. Really fun game. Here is the REAL Sogreth. Sogreth.png

Actually...now that I think about this game again. There is also an Anthro cat too. Ima see if I can find a picture... Brave_story_new_traveler_conceptart_UsV5e.jpg
    There she is! If I remember, her mom was a cat-anthro too, and her dad was a human. I didn't think much of it at the time. But that's pretty cool!

Sarachaga and katalistik like this.
  2. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

SSJ3Mewtwo has been my online handle for....crap, like, 15+ years. I set it up to participate in a Mewtwo-fandom roleplay forum, and as far as I can recall that was the first time I genuinely used it as a handle. From then on, pretty much anywhere I registered that, or a version of it, was what I used.

It was a play on the antagonism between the DBZ fanbase and the Pokemon fanbase that was pretty rampant on the internet at the time. Me, I loved both series, and never really got why the different fandoms just couldn't resist sniping at eachother.

Also, a Level 3 Super Saiyajin Mewtwo would looks awesome.

Sogreth likes this.
  3. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

denður has no real meaning but mjúkur means soft and feldur means fur or coat. denður mjúkur feldur. my fursona is also an archer because i do archery irl

Sogreth likes this.
  4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Wut?

We have a thread like this already. Two in fact, if my memory serves me correctly.

5. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

Khazius was a name I stuck with years ago. It started as Khaz which was how my friend pronounced Zach (My real first name) backwards when I acted out of character. I added Ius to it to make the name sound longer and stuck with it ever since.

Sogreth likes this.
  6. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

But you didn't link to either.

So, link?

7. Vitaly

Vitaly Guest

Bang-bang

8. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Wut?

9. stimpy

stimpy Straya M8

I named my FAF name after my cat, which was named after stimpy from the show ren & stimpy

Ravofox, Sarachaga and Sogreth like this.
  10. Sogreth

That doesn't surprise me.

We have multiple threads of many similar topics. It happens everywhere.

11. Xing Tian

Xing Tian Active Member

i got the name xing tian from a game i play called smite, the reason i called myself it on this site was because i thought i could change my name and because he was the god i was playing at the time
    [​IMG] this is what he looks like

Sogreth and katalistik like this.
  12. katalistik

katalistik Still friendly.

Smite is my favorite MOBA to be honest.Hi-rez did a great job,even If people say that the game is cursed and its a rip-off from LoL and Dota.I've been playing since beta.My name,katalistik, its actually derived from catalyst but it sounds...better...

Sogreth likes this.
  13. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Wut?

Indeed. I was previously wrong on there being several threads with the same topic: There's only one. The second time I answered this question were in a PM, so that one doesn't count.

Sogreth likes this.
  14. Xing Tian

Xing Tian Active Member

Yay more smite players!

katalistik likes this.
  15. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox I'm Delightfully Awkward :3

A movie, but my other name comes from my musical ability.

Ravofox, katalistik and Sogreth like this.
  16. Sogreth

I actually liked it too. I don't know how people can call it a "rip-off". That's like saying any MMORPG that came after the first MMORPG is a rip-off. Smite is just another MOBA.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of MOBAs, but I still liked Smite. I really like the Greek Mythology stuff.

katalistik likes this.
  17. Alex K

Alex K Pending Deletion

Back in Saint Olif, when I was a lil baby my momma named me Alexander Kathanial Junior Hamilton Gonzalez Muzes The Third

So folks just call me Alex except for the ones that don't

18. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

First, full name is "Xeroyn" (Pronounced "Zeroin"). Name put on me by military buddies cause of abilities. "Royn" (Pronounced "Ron") Cause in RL, Mostly called by short first name. Also, "Xeroyn" Has given name in it everone calls moslty.

19. Shameful_Cole

Shameful_Cole Shameful Idiot

My parents

20. Xaroin

Xaroin the Contradictory

Like I said before, I changed 2 letters in the FA "verify your account" code (which shows how unprepaired I was for making an account) but at least I caused a problem with the pronunciation (zahr-oyhn) and I have heard like 8 different ways that isn't the right one.