Where did you get your name from?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sogreth, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

I needed a name that sounded queer and foreign

So I picked Sergei

2. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

Mandragóras is the Greek word from which we get "mandrake," a flowering plant with weird human-shaped roots which was used as a surgical anaesthetic in ancient times and is often associated with black magic and bizarre superstitions about deadly screaming people-plants. The members of the nightshade family and deliriant herbs in general fascinate me, and it sounded cool, so here we are.

The avatar, as noted in my introduction thread, is a Cate Wurtz thing. I found the expression and pose apropos to how I feel much of the time.

3. Lcs

Lcs Woof

I didn't want my username that I use for other online activities to be added on this forum. As a result, my username ended up just being the initials for my name IRL since I couldn't think of anything else to use.

4. mzfantic

mzfantic Just a stupid dog

Take a wild guess where the name Cerb came from.

5. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk Common sense may not be so common.

I'm not really sure how it came to me...
    I guess I'm just good at making names?

6. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

I've used my initials elsewhere out of a failure to think of anything more appropriate at the time, so I know that feeling.

Lcs likes this.
  7. MaikeruNezumi

MaikeruNezumi Irritable street rat

Nezumi is the Japanese word for "mouse" or "rat."

8. SpidertheKitsune

SpidertheKitsune Hollywood Spider. K

I got my fursonas name when I was designing him and i was making a 9 tailed Kitsune but messed up the tail placement when I was first designing him (this when I began doing Anthro art) and I ended up only having 8 on him because a 9th would look weird on him the way the tails were placed so when I was thinking of a name for him, his 8 tails reminded me of 8 spider legs and the rest is history, Spider. K was born. I'm now much much better at my art and he's had 2 major role designs but still has 8 tails.

9. _Hushy

_Hushy Socially uncomfortable, verbally clumsy~

My mummy.

10. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

I opened my steam "friends" list and chose the first name I saw. I know very original. It's still better than 123 though.

11. Rust

Rust RustHeart

Years ago i started playing a game called 'Marapets' and there was a kind of pet I really wanted called a Rusty. Since I was young and stupid I got banned from this website a few times which meant that I had to make new accounts. I used to be called 'CarlyJen47' but when I was banned I made an account called 'BrownRustys' which was the color of the rustys I wanted. I got banned, again, because I was stupid and made a new account called 'RustyTwins' which was the name of the quests to get a rusty. Currently my user on that website is 'RustHeart' which is my typical name. Since I always had rust or rusty in my name people on the website would call me Rusty as a nickname and it just stuck. My full name is Rust Heart and my nickname is Rusty. The Rust Heart thing is just a referance to the old days when i was really into the warriors books.

12. pippi

pippi Stinky Skunk

I've been called Pipp in real life for at least 13 years now, and Pippi Longstocking has always been a fictional hero of mine, so that is my name.

13. Caukoumouaudge

Caukoumouaudge New Member

I Just made mine up...

14. Bluey Grifter

Bluey Grifter Member

Mine came to me just this weekend! I'm a husky but wanted more colour and I think a shock of blue mane would look great. My human side likes red best, not so as Bluey Grifter! The 'surname' is because I'm into all things 1980s and love the Grifter bicycle. Plus it's a bit funny, a bit cheeky, a bit Yiffter haha! In all seriousness... I really struggled with the name!

15. Square-Wave_Kittycat

Square-Wave_Kittycat The Mewsician

My username comes from the wave form square wave, as I do a lot of electronic music. And I really, really like cats. Put them together and you get Square-Wave_Kittycat.

16. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

Destiny the video game to be specific. (Good god my addiction to that game is more like a Stockholm syndrome than anything)

17. Karatine

Karatine Call me kittteeeehhhh

I was sitting in Zoology, and our teacher was lecturing us on the usefulness of a tissue called keratin. She pronounced it as "keratine". To me, that sounded like a name. So eventually, when I made this account, I remembered keratine and it became my name. Except I spelled it with an extra "a" :oops: the pronunciation is still the same though! "K-air-ah-teen"

18. Piccolora

Piccolora Like No One Ever Was

My name is a cross between Piccolo and my name.

19. Singlespeed

Singlespeed 24...24...24...24

I like gearless bicycles, so i named my Sona, Singlespeed (even though its actually Jay Weatherby).

20. Mayple

Mayple Bunbun

Actually made this sona with my ex 9v9; Whom she is still mated to basically... but we named ourselves kind of based where we live. Maple because Canada, Tex for Texas, etc. c: