Where is Rants & Raves

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Wither, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraphayxRedux

ZaraphayxRedux The Postmaster

Bolded the operative word. hth

2. Martin2W

Martin2W Sergaling like a sir

If you lucky to get an invite.

Ravofox likes this.
  3. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Stupid batto

Thing is, such threads have a never-failing tendency to eventually become toxic. Either OP is angry beyond reasonable measure to begin with, or other posters start flingling crap at each other at some point. I never saw a rant post that didn't went into full drama/offtopic mode after 10 posts or so, it's all cancer and clutter after that. In other words, such threads don't always become toxic due to not reaching its potential toxicity, rather than not having that potential to begin with. Hth

4. ZaraphayxRedux

ZaraphayxRedux The Postmaster

Yeah it's almost like the entire point of rant threads is to vent negative emotions in a context where all involved parties are forewarned of the tone of the conversation.

It would be a shame if certain individuals went into such an environment foolishly expecting something else.

It would be an even bigger shame if said individuals reflexively characterized these interactions as 'toxic' because said individuals expect others to never express negativity or disagree.

Might be a lack of social intelligence????

idk I'm a dullard pls help.

5. Wither

Wither Is honestly confused by life.

MODS there are people arguing in my thread and it ISN'T IN THE RANTS AND RAVES SECTION THAT WE DON'T EVEN HAVE
    Not every OP is a raging maniac. They're just either upset at a thing, or happy about a thing. I have no idea where you're getting these ideas that everyone is a chimp-brained monkey and can't control emotions.

Also, every thread had a "potential to be toxic" back in the day. That's how the forums were. It had nothing to do with what the thread was, we just liked ribbing each other (or just straight up shitting on each other) for fun.
    Every thread now has "toxic potential" does too. I can go into literally any thread and call the OP a shit eating retard who was prematurely birthed from a squid. Rants and Raves doesn't enable me to be any more toxic.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Given that this is a thread in Site Discussion, I'm going to ask that people try to maintain some minimum level of constructiveness. A few of you have managed to present rational arguments for why you'd like Rants & Raves back. I appreciate that, and we're happy to consider such arguments.

The rest of you, please knock it off. If you're going to shitpost or snipe at people, you're just providing an argument against bringing the R&R section back.

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox This is what the fandom did to me!

Open Chat currently exists and serves the same purpose, there really is no reason to bring back R&R in an attempt to turn the forum back into a salt pit. Besides, that sub-form already exists over at Phoenixed which the old community created after they destroyed this site over the whole NDA debacle, most of which that drama happened in R&R.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    lupi900 likes this.
  8. lupi900

lupi900 Member

R&R was nothing but a joke, it just decayed into the old community finding any excuse to be jerks or go on how furs are freaks. The whole 2edgy4u attuide the old users had got very old fast.

Simo likes this.
  9. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

Because the question was answered already, I'm going to close this up to prevent if from derailing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.