Where to buy good Fur Fabrics?

Discussion in 'Fursuiting and Costuming' started by Yange, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Yange

Yange New Member

I saw good reviews from thefabricexchange.com about their fur fabrics for my costume, what you guys think?

2. HallowQueen

HallowQueen Candy is dandy~

i always go through fabric empire, the quality there is stunning, the prices are good and they are willing to work with you personally... but that is my own preference! they are able to match some really rare colors too!

crystallinecanine likes this.
  3. CoolCoolSkies

CoolCoolSkies Member

-cracks knuckles- My time has come...

Online:
    Fabrics.com has lots of good recommendations (but you MUST get swatches, don't trust their color/description, but it is high quality stuff when you get the right fabric)
    distinctivefabrics.com (I personally love this site, and they will sometimes even have fursuit coupons!)

And if you live in LA:
    City Fabrics. All the furries in LA love this place, and it has been recommended to me by other cosplayers as well! If you don't live in Cali, maybe give them a call and see if they can do an order from the store!

Just, love yourself, and do NOT buy from JoAnns. Even with their coupon abuse, it's still way too expensive compared to other prices, plus it's terrible quality.

4. crystallinecanine

crystallinecanine Sparkle Gosh

YES. I made a rookie mistake of getting some JoAnn fur for a commission and it was the worst fur I've ever felt, brushed, and shaved in my entire life. I instantly ordered some from a better store. It was brittle, coarse, and prickly. I highly endorse Fabric Empire, Fabric Exchange, and Big Z Fabric. All great places with hecka good prices! (Fabric empire gives you a 15% off coupon every time you order from them ^-^)

5. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

I haven't built a suit lately, but the last one I did, I got the fur from I'm Stuffed Furs. A little pricey, but the quality is great.