whoa.. is fursuiting is now 'terrorism' to Australian law enforcement?

Discussion in 'Fursuiting and Costuming' started by ChromaticRabbit, Oct 9, 2017.

1. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

"Liberal Democracy and Constitutional Republic are not the same thing." -- illiberal talking point

Hasn't this false meme been beaten back enough to slink away with its tail between its legs YET?

And so, here we go:

"Liberal democracy is a liberal political ideology and a form of government in which representative democracy operates under the principles of classical liberalism. Also called western democracy... it may be a constitutional monarchy (Australia, Belgium, Canada, Japan, Norway, Spain and the United Kingdom) or a republic (France, India, Ireland, the United States). It may have a parliamentary system (Australia, Canada, India, Ireland and the United Kingdom), a presidential system (Indonesia and the United States), or a semi-presidential system (France)." ( Liberal democracy - Wikipedia )

There was once a reason good people fled to the United States of America, and many of us still consider this our home. It seems we have some trash to take out, some tired old exploitative memes seem to have sprung up like so many feral weeds.

"In the United States, liberalism took a strong root because it had little opposition to its ideals, whereas in Europe liberalism was opposed by many reactionary or feudal interests such as the nobility, the aristocracy, the landed gentry, the established church and the aristocratic army officers..." ( Classical liberalism - Wikipedia )

Sorry if I sound irritated, you'd think pointing this out once would be sufficient for the world, but it seems one has to mow the law or swim against a current just to stay in place. As if by design. Thanks for being their tool and wasting our time with their false memes.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  2. ChromaticRabbit

Well, you're being clear enough. I think that's a completely-reprehensible ideology you've got on display there. You seem to believe some non-credible dude with a chip on his shoulder and some inadvisably-delegated vested authority can just magically sweep aside all civil liberty and the principles that stand behind them like a psycho believes they may rape a woman. You subscribe to the false premise that someone peacefully executing their liberties can be lawfully targeted for intimidation, bullying, and coercion.

You do need to accept it, just like you need to accept religious minority, gender equity, and an individual's right to self-identity. You must adhere to the morality of humanism because this is the 21st century, after all.

Simo likes this.
  3. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

You should quote actual educational sources, instead of Wikipedia.

Or maybe quote our actual constitution, which says Republic, and never mentions democracy at all.

4. ChromaticRabbit

Dude.

You should bring ideas to the table or sit down and stop disparaging that which is true.

5. ellaerna

ellaerna Sass Master

This thread is a dumpster fire.
    The OP is a troll.
    I will not be part of this farce of a discussion any longer.

6. ChromaticRabbit

What do you find so threatening about any of this? What are you afraid of?

7. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

I'm not bringing ideas, just facts.

Our constitution says we are a republic, our laws are all weighed against the constitution for legitimacy.

We are a constitutional republic, it's that simple. Literally, 6th grade social studies simple.

I'm done here, it's not even worth it.

ChapterAquila92, Ginza and Yakamaru like this.
  8. ChromaticRabbit

You are being ridiculous because if you scroll backwards in this very thread, you will see that what you asserted has already been established to be in fact completely kooky demagoguery. A liberal democracy and a constitutional republic are the same thing, but please, don't take my word for it. Go see for yourself.

9. Ginza

Ginza Unironically Ironic

I won't be replying further as you've yet to state one relevant or logical point at all. What confuses me this time is your absolute unwillingness to hear my opinions. Simply telling me my opinions are wrong and cruel somehow. While police abusing their power is real and happens quite often, they're needed in a civilized society. Next time you're being robbed or attacked, I hope you can still spit these same lines out. Let's hope your self defense skills are good. Since when is having to bend laws for the safety of others at all equivalent to rape? In any way, at all? You go off on these irrelevant tangents and I have literally no idea what you're saying or trying to point out. By the way, no, that's not what I subscribe to. However, when a figure of authority asks you to do something reasonable like this, you comply. That's the way I was raised, and the way I will live. Nothing wrong with that. It's kind of closed minded of you to tell me I'm wrong and support a "brutal" ideology. Funny.

Again, no. You don't need to accept anything in life. You may not attack or haggle anyone of those groups, but you don't have to see them as legitimate either. Sorry, you just don't. The morality of humanism is subjective at best, and as long as you're tolerant, and just generally not a dick, I'd say you're fine.

It was fun having this conversation, hope you find someone who will feed your insanity and random claims xx

10. ChromaticRabbit

Let's break this down as you had a lot to say, fast.

Fallacy: Argumentum ad lapidem. ( Appeal to the stone - Wikipedia ). You didn't address the merits. You didn't even try.

To be honest, I am not actually sure what your opinions may be, but I am stating some universal and absolute things about the system of the world. I am perfectly willing to hear your opinions, whatever they may be, but these principles I elevate are sacrosanct, and so you should step carefully around them, if you please. Have a care.

I don't believe that anyone here contests assertions that the public must be protected and the public's justice must be served. Why do you assume I've ever been robbed or attacked? Is this a misanthropic world view that you now espouse? Is my assertion that there's no role for the law in regulating freedoms of art, culture, identity, or spirituality tantamount to saying there must be anarchy and chaos and no police whatsoever in your view? Doesn't that exclude a rather large and much more livable pragmatic middle? The real world doesn't break down to such a Boolean quantum often. We can't exclude the middle, can we? Aristotle's logic had its limits and is a bit lost in the the 20th and especially now in this 21st century of known quantum phenomena and cultural liberty. Maybe the old dualisms don't fit all of today's problems.
    ( Many-valued logic - Wikipedia )
    Anyway, it's kind of preposterous for you to suggest that anything I have discussed is the logical business of the police or constitutes some credible public safety concern.

It's obscene for them to even arrogantly menace that they may interfere with spiritual or artistic freedom. In fact, it creates a chilling effect-- most people aren't going to be as fearless as I may sound. And so the whole thing is by design a subtle and wrongful act of suppression, just another tool in a toolbox of enslavement to deplorable paternalism in lieu of Enlightened liberty.

There are some cosmic absolutes, friend. And you will be called upon them if you violate or encroach. We've seen all this before, you know. Never again. Never again.

Simo likes this.
  11. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Oh, this is rich. I'm sure that ISIS, a product of the early 21st-Century, would gladly oblige if you asked them so kindly.

Regardless, we're all most likely going to be rendered obsolete by machines anyway. Easier to work with and without the inflated egos associated with meatbaggery.

Ginza, -..Legacy..- and Yakamaru like this.
  12. ChromaticRabbit

All I would need to do is to have the willingness and the means to pay DAESH more than their nation-state or oligarchical masters, don't you know? They're mercenaries concealed under a flag or brand, and they are not some credible religious sect. Way to be the tool of a false narrative? Is this really your best argument against " religious minority, gender equity, and an individual's right to self-identity" ?

You're being quite visibly silly, at best. Also, don't use Isis's name in vain. She and her faithful could not fail to notice and do not appreciate the disrespect.

13. ChapterAquila92

The same argument can be levied against you. The hilarity of this is that we're no different in that regard: the force of violence is the only effective means of changing this world, and it walks a very thin and blurry line between victim and victimizer.

Alas, I'm just here because your farce of a discussion is an ideological comedy routine in itself.

Ginza, Yakamaru and -..Legacy..- like this.
  14. ChromaticRabbit

Can it? Go ahead and so levy. Share with us all the colour of your spiritual light and help us to understand why " religious minority, gender equity, and an individual's right to self-identity " are not both holy and sacrosanct.

No, we're nothing alike. Violence and fear are the predilection of psychopathy, don't you know? Authoritarianism and paternalism demand primacy and give in return enslavement, malaise, and despoilment right back to the onset of their dominance, each time they invade and subvert a civilization. There's no subtle difference between defending something cultured and nurtured and despoiling it like a raiding Mongul, pirate, emperor, or a concealed psycho male cult.

I'm glad you're amused and appreciate your service.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  15. ChapterAquila92

Barring the Saudis being appointed to lead the UN Human Rights Commission, human rights are a myth whose worth lies only in their utility - a happy healthy slave is a productive slave, after all, even if part of that requires giving them the means to rebel or rise to power. Human rights, like currency, nations, deities, and corporations, do not physically exist beyond codified abstractions that we use to imbue a fictitious superhuman authority in a given range of human behaviour (I highly recommend reading Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind for more on this matter).
    Let's go back to what I was referring to with that particular post:
    By paying off mercenaries, you're expressing a desire to be in command of the violence, dictating where, when and how it's to be conducted. Considering that you've also been advocating for rising up and overthrowing the status quo, there isn't any difference between you and the tyrants you claim to stand against; they went by the same playbook to get to where they are now, and their predecessors before them.

There's no use denying that violence is in our very nature as a species. But therein starts our divergence: I'm not so delusional as to think that jumping on the utopian bandwagon of revolution is a good idea, given its extensive track record of installing the very tyrants you claim to stand against and taking fools like yourself out behind the woodshed to be executed once you've outlived your usefulness.

Alas, it's your funeral.

Ginza, Yakamaru and -..Legacy..- like this.
  16. ChromaticRabbit

For the most part, I'm perfectly happy to let what you wrote last stand on its own, but I had to correct one detail in particular since you just could not resist trying, could you?
    I believe that I communicated this in a manner that made it crystal clear I would have to be willing to pay DAESH and I am not, because they and their patrons are anathema to the good. You mention 'overthrowing' the status quo, but that makes no sense. I'm alluding to protecting the desperately fragile status quo that enable things like the furry fandom or people such as myself to emerge in the first place. This spiritual freedom is essential to modern life. Otherwise, I think that pretty much wraps up our open exchange of positions.

Simo likes this.