Why do people put fetish warnings in the title?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Erethzium, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Erethzium

Erethzium Rawr.

It makes no sense. You see the image before you can see the title. Putting [fetish] in the title does nothing when you can see the image right there above the title.

Would help if FA decided to fix custom thumbnails not applying to all thumbnail sizes, which has been broken for what, 4 years now?

2. Wolveon

Wolveon I swear I will not kill anyone.

Maybe some people can't tell by the thumbnail? I dunno lol. I know I prefer when people put fetish warnings in the title, there's some truly disturbing things out there.

katalistik likes this.
  3. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt

More of a habit, I would say - since majority of pr0n and fetish artists post stuff on several various sites, they tend to copy and paste info for their submissions.

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox I'm Delightfully Awkward :3

That's why we have this little thing called "spoilers".

Sarachaga likes this.
  5. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Saves people who don't care for it loading up the full view to be sure. I'll do it for the really hard kinks (basically shit that would end up on /ah/ on fchan, give or take), because it takes me a few seconds to show that consideration, and could spare someone an unpleasant surprise. (Depending on kink it also may not be readily apparent from thumbnails - doubly so if the submission is e.g. a comic page.)

6. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

Not everyone wants to see cub or scat

Sarachaga likes this.
  7. Erethzium

Erethzium Rawr.

Did any of you even read my post?

I'm not arguing against fetish warnings, I'm wondering why people keep putting them in the title of the submission, when you can see the image right there above it.

The "warning" does nothing because you can still see the image, right there.

8. RicoOfTheSkies

RicoOfTheSkies The Eagle Who Sees All

in some cases, the thumbnail can be a bit unclear as to the contents of the image, so I do appreciate warnings so I don't end up seeing vore when I want to see just a chubby lady lol

9. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Which is exactly what I, and a couple of other people, answered. The warnings are put in the title to erase any doubt about what the content is, which saves people who don't care for it from loading up the full view. Until custom thumbnails are fixed, it's really the only viable option available, anyway.