Why do people start smoking cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AustinB, Mar 20, 2017.

1. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

I don't see the appeal of cigarettes at all. They're disgusting as hell (once you see what they're made of) and the amount of negative side affects they cause is astonishing. How the hell is this crap still legal? Oh wait, I know. Because some people are greedy scumbags that don't care about your health and only care about your money. But anyways, why do people start smoking? I've tried cigs before. I thought they were disgusting. I couldn't get addicted to them if I tried. They're not a "stress reliever" like people say. If anything, they add more stress on you. I seriously don't see why people start smoking unless they were forced to start or something.

2. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

growing up ive seen it through mostly peer pressure during high school. ive honestly can say its happened to me but i also dont see how it was addicting or even good past the first try. maybe they just arent as willed and keep smoking till it does build up in their system to become addictive.

AustinB likes this.
  3. Frostbyte The Shark

Frostbyte The Shark Your Personal Shark Maid

I'm just going to leave this here.
    [​IMG]
    As for me personally, I had asthma, so even if I wanted to (Which I didn't) I couldn't have started smoking.

I think it starts with:
    Try it, they're cool.
    *Tries it* That's disgusting! *Addiction kicks in.* But.. I think I want another.

Karatine and AustinB like this.
  4. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

These people are called successful businessmen

You need to smoke more to get used to them. It only hurts the first time, just like anal sex, after that - pleasure

I don't like soft drugs, like nicotine or caffeine, so I never bothered with cigarettes.

5. Bidoyinn

Bidoyinn Member

All the people I've seen that smoke started in high school. And idk man, addictions fuck you up. You always know someone that wants to quit but won't because they've gotten so used to what it does for them.

AustinB likes this.
  6. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

"Pleasure" If you want pleasure, go out and hang with some friends or go play some video games. Do something with your life. Go play some sports. Go do some fun activities. Hell, smoke some weed or something. Don't find "pleasure" in cigs. Also,

>comparing sexy time with drugs

7. WolfyJake

WolfyJake I guess I'm a hyena now... Curse you, Google!!!

I smoked once. One time. I almost died. Never doing it again.
    I suppose it happens because of peer pressure, or just because there's still the lingering thought that smoking is cool.
    Ehm, sex is something completely different. And to be honest, most people don't get pleasure out of cigarettes, instead they're addicted to them and feel like they can't live without... That's not pleasure. And full disclosure, first time anal sex doesn't even hurt if you do it with someone who knows what they're doing. My first time didn't hurt.

AustinB likes this.
  8. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

That suppose to be a joke. I know people who claim to be not regular smokers but still enjoy an occasional cigarette

AustinB likes this.
  9. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth Dancin' Robot

Cigarettes are obsolete. E-Cigs are a fraction of the cost and arguably pretty safe. Nicotine is also a hell of a stimulant.

I literally only smoke when falling down drunk. When you're so drunk you have a hard time staying up, a cigarette will let you function a bit longer. Caffeinated stuff just makes me nauseous when mixed with alchohol, but is a better stimulant for actual work.

AustinB likes this.
  10. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

My grandfather is one of those people & smoking was a major factor in my fathers death. This one is gonna be a doozy ain't it *cracks knuckles*

I'm too lazy never-mind.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    AustinB likes this.
  11. Riley (TGS)

Riley (TGS) A Beak With Eyes Who Draws.

I didn't smoke until about four years ago. I started because I was in an incompatible relationship at the time, and my partner smoked. After stressful situation after stressful situation, I picked the habit up from him. I really wish I hadn't. Now I have to carry those breath strips around with me at all times and I spend an extra $20 I could put away weekly on cigarettes. It's the worst habit I have (I don't eat heavy sugars or carbs or drink sodas, juices, and will drink alcohol maybe once or twice a year on special occasions) and I hope to quit soon; I've already fought cancer once in my life and I don't want it again, nor do I want the premature wrinkles, the croaky voice that comes with it, or any of the other harmful side-effects...but it's a hard thing to kick.

AustinB likes this.
  12. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Totally Customized Title

My aunt smokes, but she doesn't want to quit. She picked up the habit from her "friend" who is a complete bitch. Cigarettes are expensive, she buys them by the carton which costs $100+ dollars. Then she complains about not having money...

13. SveltColt

SveltColt just another wolf move on.

Usually to relieve stress. But I think the reason why they start smoking because they thought its cool or something but I could be wrong on it.

14. XenoQc

XenoQc OF-GSS

I saw... blood and dead bodies all around a planet then I strated to smoke and I felt better

15. Alex K

Alex K Guest

I'm ah smoker myself and ah personally love the taste of ash because it reminds me of papa's cookin

16. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Pending Deletion

To release stress, because they think it will make them seem "cool". LOTS of reasons.

17. XenoQc

XenoQc OF-GSS

What I am stressed because I,m addicted

18. Revates

Revates I'm Gay

Please, call them sin-sticks.

19. XenoQc

XenoQc OF-GSS

Cigaret is the demon

Revates likes this.
  20. Bittertooth

Bittertooth Member

All I know is that people with schizophrenia love to smoke cigarettes, like 80% of them do. Supposedly it helps them filter out sensory info from their environment