Why is F.A.U. Where it is?

Discussion in 'FAU Discussion' started by -Praydeth-, Mar 7, 2017.

1. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

I live less than 30 minutes away from F.A.U. is hosted and i really wonder why it is where it is. I see so many reasons for it not to be where held there (Don't worry i'm not trying to get it "Moved away" it's going to be where it is and it's going to stay where it is and i'm not going to make attempts to have it moved). I won't really say the reasons unless multiple people want to know. Though i think you guys should probably be aware why.

Is it because there are a lot of furriers in the area?
    Is it just because of the hotels "accessibility"? (traffic around there is a shitshow).
    Is it because of the hotel agency?
    Is it for a reason i probably would not of thought of?
    I just see so many reasons why it should not be hosted where it is because i know what this place is like. I lived in this general area my entire life.

2. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

Personally I like were it is now. It's feels more secluded but also near the downtown too.

3. Simo

Simo Skunk

Ah, the traffic anywhere near DC is pretty horrendous! It's been rated the third worst, behind LA and the greater NYC area. Hopefully, the Silver Line Metro extension will reach this directly, someday. I have been to Fur 'the More a few times, and like this: I can walk to Penn Station, Baltimore, take a train to DC, the Metro a few blocks from the con, and not have to drive, and all for about $24/round-trip, and no luggage fees/restrictions, and be there in about 2 hours.

For FAU, I'm assuming I'd have to add a cab ride, from the end of the Metro Silver Line. Not sure I can make Fur the 'More con this year, so am very much thinking of going to FAU.

But there don't seem to be that many furs where I live; I have never really met any in Baltimore, and the ones in Maryland seem very, very good at hiding.

If you're in the area, give a shout, howl, bark, meow, &c.!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  4. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

There's a basic FAQ type thing about why FA:U moved to its new location in the 2016 FAU announcement. That's about all I know about it, though; I'm not involved with the con myself.