Why your username/sona name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WolfNightV4X1, Apr 3, 2015.

1. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Alright, so to bring back a little extra content until the spam goes away I'll make a new thread on an old concept.

We all have unique names here or elsewhere we are know by? What compelled you to choose it? Some of you just picked something random and cool, some put some thought into it. Some just go by your fursona name in which case maybe you'd like to explain why you named your fursona as such.

Mine is a combination of Wolf and Night: Two awesome things I love, V4X1 is so all the WN posers dont overshadow the true Alpha WolfNight :p V being first letter of my name, 4 is my favorite number, X is a later I used in previous users, and 1 is another random number...so my name is never taken.

2. phaolfal

phaolfal yaay!?

My username is my fursonas name. Which is phaolfal. I got this name in quite a complicated way. First i took the initials of my names, whic is A.R.G.P, then i converted them to the phonetic alphabet, which then got me alpfa, romeo, golf, papa. After that, i used a website that randomly mixes words together, so i did that and got a long list of words, so i choose the one I like the best (phaolfal) and there we go! My fursonas new name.

3. Biochemiphy

Biochemiphy I'LL BE BACK "SOON"

Biochemiphy.
    I like Biology.
    I like Chemistry.
    I like Physics.
    <3

4. X_Joshi_X

X_Joshi_X Just another Metalhead

My name is Joschka.
    I deserve Joshi :3

I love avatar, so my sona also has a Na'vi name.
    Thats it :D

5. Mikazuki Marazhu

Mikazuki Marazhu Your Strawberry Oreo

Because Marazhu is my real name!

6. Biochemiphy

*Mind blown*

7. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

I thought it was because you were a weeaboo!!!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  8. funky3000

funky3000 Galactic Overlord

Funky3000 is a username I've had for about 6½ years from the old flash game Incredibots, was random inspiration I don't really know how it came to be.

Valthero is, according to Spanish lessons, the gender opposite of Valthera, where -a is female and -o is masculine. As far as where Valthera came from... That was also random inspiration, and I thought her name sounded pretty when I was making my own macro character to fit in with the other macro furs. They all had their own macro characters, but I didn't. So I just threw one together. Now its a thing. So yeah. That's cool.

9. Biochemiphy

This is what I thought. x'DD

10. Alexxx-Returns

Alexxx-Returns The Sergal that Didn't Vore

All the usernames I ever had sucked, my scene kid username sucked the least, but it still sucked hard. So I took the Alexxx and stuck a random word on it for my AFF account, and changed everything over. The hyphen is deliberate, I think it looks better that way. But some places don't let you do that so I have to use an underscore instead, which I don't like, but it's at least better than using a space.

When I sign up on new sites they think I'm an old user coming back. I wonder why...

My 'sona name is because the names of moons are so cool. All her siblings are also named after moons.

11. LazerMaster5

LazerMaster5 Lost in the Static

LazerMaster5 was a name I chose when I was new to the internet. Silas McSlayer is my fursona. Silas is my middle name, and I like Slayer. (I like thrash in general.)

12. funky3000

funky3000 Galactic Overlord

Here's my thoughts with other peoples user names:

"Oh neat name I guess" "Ahh! My best friend! =D" "Oh... Its that guy..." "Oh yeah, only a spambot would have such a senseless name"

13. My username just describes my character :v

My character name, Grey, has a bit of background to it.

Back when Pokemon Black & White was coming out, people of course speculated that the sequel would be "Pokemon Grey". I was an active member on a Pokemon forum, so I capitalized on the idea and changed my username to Pokemon Grey. When I made my Tumblr I made my name "Sifu-Grey" ("sifu" being a term from Avatar the Last Airbender for a bending master)

So when I joined the furry fandom some time later, I had already established a history of using the name "Grey". When I couldn't come up with a name for my character, who I also felt to be a representation of my Otherkin identity, I just thought to myself "Hey, why not Grey?"

14. foussiremix

foussiremix Member

foussi is my real name reverse

15. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

I'm somewhat fascinated by the Middle East in general (I think it could be a magnificent place if it weren't for the arab's unfortunate backwardness).
    Either way, I wanted to design my very own original, distinctive, personal arab sounding name. I eventually came up with Amiir and stuck with it.
    Amiir doesn't have a surname. If I were given a paper and had to write down name and surname, I'd have to leave the surname space blank. Or white. So this is why my surname is White

16. Sylox

Sylox I'm back fools!!!

I was watching Pokemon one day and I couldn't think of a unique name for my fursona so I decided to name him "Sylen" after "Cilan", a character on the show. To this day, I have no idea why I was watching Pokemon in the first place.

17. Punnchy

Punnchy Feed Me Pizza

In the 6th grade I beat two kids up in scouts. I was given the nickname punnchy buy higher ranking scouts, before I was kicked out. My first email address was punnchy@some weird spider thing back in the day's of aol and all that jazz. So when I joined forums and when hosting my own, I used this name.

As for my fursona name, I used to be called Ralphie when I worked my first job, and I kinda resembled the kid from a christmas story, and since my last name starts with an S, when I joined Second life, I chose the name that was given to me as my characters last name as his.

18. Naesaki

Naesaki JRPG Fanatic

I've used Naesaki online since like 2006, its just something I've always used, in terms of inspiration, Anime and Japan are the biggest factors but it doesn't mean anything, but it was only natural that I'd use it as my Fursona name as well.

I would say if you saw the name in use anywhere else its most likely going to be me xD

19. DrDingo

DrDingo Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others

It was a spur of the moment thing because I use the name MrDoctorMan on Steam and I wanted to keep the same sorta essence.
    It wasn't until 13 months later that my character actually became a doctor.. dingo. Go figure.

20. Charrio

Charrio Artistic Mouse

My family used to call me Charrio, as my real name is Charles.
    It started after the GameBoy game, "Wario World" came out, since i was a dick in games they called me Charrio

The Fursona, the mouse you see here is Oklahoma.
    A Mascot, she was made in tribute to, Reed Waller and Kate Worley's "Omaha the Cat Dancer"
    It was a comic i read as a teen and it helped me want to draw furry art, and kept me reading for years.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015