Why your username/sona name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WolfNightV4X1, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Astrium

Astrium King of the Noodles

The foxtrot is a dance.

2. FoxTrotz

FoxTrotz New Member

I forgot bout that.. lol xD

3. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Off we go to the sea

Mayonnaise sounds better than Teledildonics.

4. Llamapotamus

Llamapotamus Member

It sounded good in my head and I thought I was being really clever when I came up with two portmanteaus at once (llamapotamus and alpacaderm). But I actually failed on both accounts because a llama isn't an alpaca and a hippopotamus isn't a pachyderm. Oh well...

5. Dewi_K

Dewi_K Time Traveler

I'm study art and graphic design, and is my artist name. Is the acronym of an old latin text/phrase. The letter "w" in old latin is equal to a double "v"

Dewi: Domine Epicus Ventus Veritas Imperia. The translate is: The Empire of the truth domains the epic wind.

And the letter "K" is for Kandinsky.

6. Taleu

Taleu The Dee Oh Gee

I thought some one said "Taleu" but they were saying "Salute" in French so I was like... Yeah okay :O
    WHT NOT!?

7. Ruehl21

Ruehl21 I really like my steak medium-rare.

I used half of my first name I use for everything (Ruehl). :D

...followed by 21, which is three sevens instead of four of them. Some people say four is a complete number and a full cycle, seven is heaven's number, and heaven is seen by some to be fulfillment, or complete. By multiplying seven with a number (three) just under the complete number (four), I take one complete number and multiply it with an incomplete number. I've named it "completely Incomplete", a reference to the full story I came up with in my dreams when I was ten years old. I woke up crying and saw the world and myself in a completely different light. Actually saved me from a few things.

Thus, Ruehl21, a completely incomplete person. :D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. Haltek

Haltek Guest

Hal sounds like howl
    Tek = Tech
    put together = Cyber wolf some how :p
    plus its a misspelt name for a company that make aftermarket ECU's and other performance bits for cars

9. jorinda

jorinda Member

Old german fairytale about a girl that gets jinxed and turns into a bird.

10. Volkodav

Volkodav Dad****er

One of my two fave dog breeds is the central asian ovcharka
    volkodav means wolfhound in russian. Central asians are called volkodav because theyre used to protect flocks of sheep from wolves

11. FenrirDarkWolf

FenrirDarkWolf Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse

On my first forum(Ace Attorney Online), my forum name was Diego, named after the character Diego Armando, whom was my favourite character at the time.
    Then, while there, I got my named changed to BuddyFaithAKADiego, the AKADiego part because your name change HAD to have a resemblance to your previous name.
    After I discovered by true furrism, but before I changed my name again, I tried to play a game, and Fenrisulfr was a character I've always loved. Unfortunately, the name was taken on the game, so I played around with it and it ended up being FenrirDark. Eventually, I changed it to FenrirDarkWolf and here I am today!
    My fursona's name is simply Fenrir Darke, which, y'know, is that thing xD

12. Traven V

Traven V Luna-tic.

Honestly it took several revisions. My negative ego and overly sensitive nature was the cause of that.
    TravenV? It's my emo name it means "The Raven Verily"

13. LegitWaterfall

LegitWaterfall Forever done

I was high on excitement and Mexican coke (soda), and LegitWaterfall sounded like a kick-ass user.
    Sona's name comes from her purpose. P.U.R.G.E = Protection and Urgent Response Grade Entity

14. Esper Husky

Esper Husky Member

Esper is the primary color / deck variation I play in MTG. Also happens to match my "favorite" color scheme in general -- (which goes in line with the character color scheme, yadda yadda) -- so I chose it to work as a simpler handle / straight forward name. Fursona is a (Siberian) Husky. Therefore: Esper Husky. Insert all other uses and purposes for "Esper" as well, they probably apply or can be identified, too. But that was the initial synergy (while also sharing a major interest / hobby of mine in the name).

Actual character name, Jared Meadow, has a lot more to it, that I kinda don't feel like typing out here (again), lol.

15. Vergolophus

Vergolophus Average Parasaurolophus

A long time ago, my username on another site(It's dead now) was Silver_And_Gold, after a dragon character of mine that was those colors. A friend of mine, notorious for making pet names for everyone, took my new name by the end of Silver and the beginning of Gold.
    Thus Vergo! Vergolophus came with the fact that my favorite dinosaur is Parasaurolophus, and Vergo Cre'taceous was a last name another friend of mine gave me!

16. BlufftheHusky

BlufftheHusky New Member

I've played poker basically since high school and learning, watching and playing the game is one of my passions. Not just hold'em, I play many different variations. My fursona is a poker playing Husky :) There really isn't anything better in poker than a successful bluff.

17. SteampunkJack

SteampunkJack Member

I rp and write stories. Jack is a character from there who likes steampunk fashion

18. Tchelline

Tchelline Member

Tchelline sounds sexy, to me

19. Tao

Tao Hare Boi

It was my nickname I got in college and most people call me by it. Much better than my real name.

20. Maugryph

Maugryph Active Member

I was a gryphon once.. but I got better

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  21. FireFeathers

FireFeathers Mr. Red Flag

Rei, because it's the common sound in my first and last name Huuurrrrrrr

Firefeathers because....i dunno. I have a phoenix tattoo on my ankle and I think i wanted to tie it in somehow, but I got really into a rebirth thing after our school shooting then sorta regretted it years after i stopped caring so much, lol. It's not really tied in with anything relevant.

22. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Ok so I had the name Yuuki for a character I drew all the time ever since I was in elementary school, and it just kind of stuck.

Also I love the meaning behind the name.
    "Pronounced yoo:-kee [key] From Japanese 優 (yuu) meaning "gentleness, lithe, superior" or 悠 (yuu) meaning "distant, leisurely" combined with 希 (ki)meaning "hope", 輝 (ki) meaning "brightness" or 生 (ki) meaning "life"."

The reason it's Yvvki is because the v's are meant to look like u's aha. Because Yuuki is a very common name.

23. estiniens

estiniens stargazer

My username is a character from FFXIV, Estinien, actually. I'm like ADDICTED to that MMORPG, and most of my humanoid characters come from its verse. He's the dragoon mentor from level 30-50 and a main character in the story in the expansion. I tacked on the 's' primarily because on some sites 'Estinien' itself is taken. Not that exciting.

Ren's name is Ren because my name is Brent. I'm bad at creativity, here.

24. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

My username is a little self-explanatory. I'm a furry, so I'm fluffy, and I'm a photographer, so I'm a "shutterbug". Hence, FluffyShutterbug. I also picked that name as a fail-safe, in case I ever want to change my fursona species, since it's not possible to change your username. FluffyShutterbug is actually my second FA account. My first was called AlyssaKat, named for my older 'sona, Alyssa Wells, a maine coon. Obviously, once I adopted Jamie Foxworthy as my OC, I couldn't have my username indicate that I was a cat, since that would cause a ton of confusion. As for my fursona's name, that's vestigial from when she was just a character in a story that I wrote. I chose her first name, Jamie, because her looks and attitude sort of reminded me of the Law & Order character, A.D.A. Jamie Ross, and her last name Foxworthy, because she's a fox. I could've just gone with "Fox", but I figured that that surname was already grossly overused. So, I picked "Foxworthy" because I heard that surname somewhere before. Man, that was a mouthful!

25. estiniens

estiniens stargazer

Foxworthy is the last name of a redneck comedian. It's probably where you heard it.