worst virus you have ever gotten on your computer

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by modfox, May 4, 2016.

?

do you have a good anti virus

1. yes

35 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. i am a dumb person and believe anti virus is useless

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. Cloudyhue

Cloudyhue Certified Fuzzbutt

Ah, thanks for the info.

2. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Vulpine Photographer

This is mildly off topic, but I could really do without all of those "scareware" ads that occasionally hijack the webpage you're viewing. Know what I'm talking about?

3. FluffyShutterbug

I've heard about this... That's pretty friggin' scary. That actually happened to you?

4. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

no

5. FluffyShutterbug

Oh... It's still terrifying, though.

6. FluffyShutterbug

By the way... is AVG Antivirus any good? It's what my PC runs.

7. Wristan

Wristan New Member

I've only ever had one virus(happened when I was 16 so I don't remember the name :p) and I took my computer to Geek Squad. It was a new virus they never seen before, so seeing as it took a bit to remove it and it allowed them to become aware of this new virus, they didn't charge me the 90$ they normally charge for such a service. I remember what it did, it maxed out my CPU usage, it may not have even been a virus and just some sort of malware running in the background and continuously maxing out my CPU 100% of the time. I was not really smart about computer when I was younger, but in the end everything worked out and my computer was fine afterwards, nothing was lost.

8. I actually got a virus once which gave my computer a fake bluescreen when it booted. Want to know how I know it was fake? You could ctrl + alt + del with it up and go into task manager and kill it. Once I got back onto my computer the virus had changed all my browser defaults and installed a bunch of other software. It was so bad I had to take it into a shop to fix it. I was later informed by the guy that fixed it that it had made registry edits as well, but I don't know what else it did.