wtf is wrong with humans?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzzylumkin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

Hey Furs... I just feel the need to vent for a bit...

While at work, because I have limited access to what I can and can not look at, I spend a lot of time either on the forums here or on google news. I am on a daily basis shocked and appalled by the state of both this country and the world around us.

Whether it is the threat of nuclear war looming in our near future, our president, or all the horrible things being done to children, I just don't understand it at all... I've read today alone multiple articles about things like children being drown in bathtubs by their family, 13 day old kids being beaten by their mothers, thrown in ovens, etc. etc.

I just guess I am looking for opinions as to what you all think of the state of this world we live in. As furs, I feel like we do try to brighten up our world, and maybe I need a bit of brightness? Or just to stop reading the news between calls. lol

AustinB, Zenoth, Crimcyan and 2 others like this.
  2. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

What on earth is going on!? :eek:

AustinB and Fuzzylumkin like this.
  3. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

In the news its all .. trump.. trump.. death death.. hurricanes... death... iphone x... death death trump...

4. FluffyShutterbug

I really wish things could get better somehow, but it looks like all of the protesting and complaining isn't getting jack diddly squat done. :(

AustinB, Ramjet556, Crimcyan and 2 others like this.
  5. It'sBlitz

It'sBlitz Pilot in training

6. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

Well what else do you expect? Nothing can stump the Trump

7. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

lol that guy is going to be the headliner in the death of America

Rant likes this.
  8. alexicography

alexicography yes this is dog

I try to avoid that whole "real world" business. Very scary stuff. All we can really do is be as good to each other as we possibly can be and hope for the best.

Klaverbloem likes this.
  9. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

I stopped following the news a long time ago, I found it better just to watch some dragon ball or Pokemon instead of hearing a carrot with corn hair speak on tv. If i do want to know the news i will just watch South Park, probably one of the smartest shows on tv at the moment.

10. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

The feeling is understandable, though I do have to comment on news outlets being biased towards the strange, unusual, and typically out of the norm by default.

I'd recommend reading It's Not News, It's Fark: How Mass Media Tries To Pass Off Crap As News for more information on this, but the oversimplified jist of it is that the media will put out anything to keep ratings up, even if it's the most vapid article ever written on a slow day on account of there being nothing better to report on.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    AustinB, Ginza, Open_Mind and 2 others like this.
  11. Belatucadros

Belatucadros The forum birb!

The media is focused on one thing, and one thing only: making money. Like @ChapterAquila92 said, even when there isn't anything happening, they will find something and exaggerate the hell out of it to keep viewers on the edge of their seats - and the cash flowing nicely.

I rarely watch the news or even read a newspaper anymore. I have my own stressful problems to worry about, so why trouble myself even more with crap news?

Klaverbloem, AustinB, Ginza and 4 others like this.
  12. GarthTheWereWolf

GarthTheWereWolf Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend

[​IMG]

13. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

To quote Mark Twain:

"If you don't read the news you're uninformed. If you do read the news you're misinformed".

This is why I love alternative media and independent journalists like for instance Tim Pool that give you the news as is and gives YOU the opportunity to make up your mind.

14. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Mainstream News love only showing the bad stuff because that gives them more views. Like how they show how furs are freaks & such, which causes idiots to use that misinformation to jusifty hating us. Remember these are the same clown's that think its okay to walk of a studio laughing when they were reporting that gas attack at a furry con.

Rant likes this.
  15. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

Not to mention covers for ANTIFA, BLM and BAMN. Though they seem to be slowly throwing ANTIFA under the bus too.
    Calls non-racists for racists.
    Calls non-sexists for sexists.
    Calls non-Nazis for Nazis.
    Calls people for deplorables for not voting for the candidate they had practically set everything up for.
    Claims there's a "white supremacist" problem while ignoring the actual black supremacist one, namely BLM.
    Go on about the claim that "1 in 5 women are raped on campus" crap. I didn't know we had rapes in the US similar to The Congo or South Africa.
    Attack people over their tweets. Yes, they are that pathetic.
    Go all doom and gloom over Brexit.
    Hollywood going full moron. Losing 15% of revenue isn't enough, apparently.
    Cancel people's shows because they are Conservatives. Tim Allen anyone?
    Tax reform? Lets attack Trump!
    Some EU countries having problems with migrants and rising crime? Attack Trump!
    Hungary, Czech Republic and Poland having the balls to stand against migrant quotas? Lets attack them AND Trump!
    Russians funded BLM ads on Facebook? Fucking Trump and his Russian connections!
    Hillary and co sold Uranium to the Russians? Trump and his god damn HARDON for Putin!
    Trump eats TWO scoops of ice cream? He's worse than Hitler.

Insults, ad hominems, attempts at character assassination, false allegations, fake claims and a lot of other shit will only get you that far. The pendulum is swinging in the opposite direction, and it's swinging back hard.

The Left is losing, and it's losing hard.

The establishment wanted Hillary, because she will cater the fuck out of their interests. Trump won't, and can't be bought off, making him impossible to influence through money. Which is one of the reasons the establishment on both sides are infuriated. They most likely will lose their hold over all the power they now currently have. And it's a beautiful thing to behold.

The government serves the people. The people does not serve the government, which the election of Trump showed spectacularly.

lupi900 and Junkerfox like this.
  16. Scales42

Scales42 MLG Snake

Truth be told, the world has always been a horrible place, but now we have social media, meaning all the shit thats going on is spread like a wildfire. And of course it makes money

17. Sgt. Kai

Sgt. Kai Sgt. Kai the German Shepherd Police Dog

I'm not even sure where to begin... drugs, mental illness, poverty, lack of education for starters I guess. There was a time early in my career when I thought I could make a difference. Now all I can think about is how being a Monk isn't such a bad choice for a career., lol

18. FluffyShutterbug

Heh, it's better to realize sooner, than later, that unless your're super-rich, you're nothing more than a peon to the system. Why have we allowed this to happen? Why aren't more people mad about this?

AustinB, Open_Mind, Zenoth and 3 others like this.
  19. Junkerfox

Junkerfox Bacon gives me a Lard on

Remember, the lying media always inflates things to look like the end of the world. In reality these things are rarer than they appear on CNN or Fox or whatever you look at.

Kaley Boatwright likes this.
  20. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

We aren't going to nuke anything in the northern hemisphere, especially something that close on the western side.

Anything we send west comes right back a week later as fallout. We also won't nuke a country 200 miles away from our own bases in SK. Thank the rotation of the earth, and the jet stream.

AustinB, Jarren, Yakamaru and 3 others like this.
  21. Astusthefox

Astusthefox The King of Games

The fact that you have such strong feelings on what you see in the media just goes to show that they're doing a good job at providing entertainment, as is the goal of pretty much every news source or social media.

The things you're seeing have always existed and much of it has been swept up under the rug. For example most people don't know about the Armenian holocaust or things like the Nanjing massacre. That kind of stuff is part of our behavior as an intelligent social creature

22. FluffyShutterbug

*Incoming Rant* Just because these things are few and far between, it doesn't make the fact that they still happen any less atrocious. And, I'm not saying that news outlets are saintly or anything, but it really makes my blood boil when I hear somebody group all journalists into these soulless vultures who only care about money and ratings. Some journalists really want to get the truth out. Hell, I'm even considering becoming a photojournalist myself. But, that won't automatically transform me into a lying wretch. *Rant Over*

23. HeartlessSora

HeartlessSora no light? no darkness? there is no balance

Thats pretty true sadly

24. Okamio

Okamio I'm a gentle beast. Do not fear.

Everyone just wants to bicker and disapprove of everyone else's lives. Humans are control freaks.
    Yeah, there's a lot going on in the world and it sucks, but it's hard to tell yourself there's not much we can do. Just keep your head up and work on you, my friend.
    I also agree with the statement "Media always shows the bad but never the good."

25. Ramjet556

Ramjet556 Well-Known Member

Entropy is a beautiful thing:D
    Enjoy the decline.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Zenoth, AustinB, Astusthefox and 2 others like this.