wtf is wrong with humans?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzzylumkin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. BahgDaddy

BahgDaddy Voice of reason

True enough. We worry about what bathrooms we get to use while people in Ethiopia starve to death in sweat shops.

ChapterAquila92 and Beatle9 like this.
  2. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

Ah that wonderful term "Political Correctness", you see back when I was a boy Political Correctness had a different term, it was called Manners and Self-Control, and basically not being a fucking asshole. Something that Trump and many of his supporters have very little of.

So what do you mean by "heavy regulations" on immigration? Do you mean Trump's "Muslim Ban" the one that was declared unconstitutional? Or do you mean vetting those coming in, to make sure we aren't accepting criminals? Because we do that already. And for the record the left doesn't think we should "let in all these strangers", we think we shouldn't just blindly shut our doors to every refugee fleeing to our country for a better life just because you think some might have bad intentions (which may not even get passed the vetting process.) But right wingers sure seem to just want to blindly shut to doors of the country to anyone who's brown, at least that's what I've observed. Just saying.

I sure am glad you're happy that Chump won. Sure hope you're also happy with all the damage he's done such as losing the trust of our allies, tried to ban transgenders from serving in the military, striking down DACA, which put millions of law abiding immigrants lives in jeopardy, promised to keep the oil industry safe from regulation and keep polluting, and promised homophobes will "no longer be silenced", among plenty of other shit you could write a book about. Yeah, the country may be fucked and a bunch of people's lives might be getting ruined, but at least Hillary (Who was indeed a garbage candidate) lost right? :mad:

BahgDaddy likes this.
  3. BahgDaddy

I didn't like Hillary. But I really thought she was just more vanilla government corruption. Trump is a downright train wreck.

Simo and Beatle9 like this.
  4. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

personally I feel like he is going to be the death of this country as we know it

BahgDaddy likes this.
  5. Beatle9

It's hard not to feel that way, at the best he's just killing our country's already abysmal reputation, at worst we'll all be dead before his 4 years are up.

BahgDaddy likes this.
  6. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

There is zero chance of that kind of atrocity happening anytime soon.

People run their mouths a lot, but the kind of war that would require, is not an option for anyone.

Amiir, Yakamaru and Lcs like this.
  7. Beatle9

Yeah, that's why I said at worst. I feel like Trump will mostly destroy the country from the inside out, not by provoking a foreign country.

Simo and BahgDaddy like this.
  8. -..Legacy..-

People eventually will find another subject to fawn over, but internal civil war won't happen in our lifetimes.

The people with the biggest mouths, are usually the biggest cowards when they have to step up to the plate. The dangerous ones, are the individuals who blend amongst the fire quietly.

9. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

Trump wont ruin America, it would be everyone rebelling against him and the government.

Nastala and Yakamaru like this.
  10. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

Actually they're conservatively defending civilization against a Trumpist fascist radical insurrection that is bum-rushing our liberal democracy's temples to The People's power. Trump is an extremist and a vandal and he is rebelling against us and the US Constitution because these things constrain and limit the exploitation and psychopathy of his criminally psycho subclass (or even, more accurately, a cult) of barbarous philistine crazy white men who would blood sacrifice the world itself in devoted worship of themselves and Mammon.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:37 PM
    BahgDaddy likes this.
  11. BahgDaddy

If we do have a civil war, it will be between the conservative rural people and the liberal city dwellers. The polarization between the two ideologies is so vast, these two modes of thinking are no longer compatible under the same umbrella nation. The rural conservatives seem to want LGBTs, non-Xhristians, and probably furfags all dead, while the left is supporting total ethical relativism and forward politics.

And actually our democrats are Canadas republicans.

12. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

There's definitely not going to be a civil war.

I also doubt that "rural conservatives" can be generalised as being that ruthless.

Yakamaru and -..Legacy..- like this.
  13. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

Western culture has way too much to lose to fight for what we have. We'll keep on trucking until we're third world. ;3

14. BahgDaddy

Maybe not that ruthless, but I'll gladly be corrected if you can show that they're event remotely supportive of LGBT rights.

15. -..Legacy..-

No issues to report in Alabama. How rural are you talking about? They allow same-sex marriage here, and the few stalwarts are being circumvented by pushing to remove marriage licenses altogether.

Yakamaru likes this.
  16. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Well, there was a Pew Research poll from a while back that showed about half of Republicans being supportive of same-sex marriage, with a trend of them increasingly becoming supportive of it over time. That's a fair bit lower than the US national average, but it's not quite as one-sided as you made it out to be, and it's getting better.

17. BahgDaddy

I just moved from rural America to an area much more tolerant of people of different genders, races, ethnicities, and orientations, from an area that absolutely was not. So I'm a bit prejudiced at the moment, and I admit that. I have to be careful not to let the people I lived with inform my views of all rural conservatives.

Did Alabama make it legal voluntarily, or were they overruled by the SCOTUS?

18. -..Legacy..-

I'd have to research that, I'm not a long-term resident here.

Research Edit*

Alabama Chief Justice Moore told his judges to not issue licenses initially, declining the Federal Ruling. Several counties declined to enforce his stay, and followed federal ruling. The rest seemed to be conflicted as to which ruling was to be followed, as Moore said the particular Federal Judge had no jurisdiction over AL's Supreme Court.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 2:41 PM
    Beatle9 and BahgDaddy like this.
  19. BahgDaddy

Oh, yeah, this guy:

www.chicagotribune.com: Roy Moore's hypocrisy is now on full display

These people might think LGBTs are perverts, but you know who I think are perverts? People who think they get to tell other people what they can and can't do with their bodies, and not just in the bedroom, either. These people often think they get to tell people how to dress. The hypocrisy is astonishing.

Simo, Beatle9 and -..Legacy..- like this.
  20. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

So what? It's fun seeing him being politically incorrect, it gets all those self righteous left wingers all rattled up. Either way know that I'm a fan of manners and self control too. It'd be nice but I don't pretend everyone to adopt those things. If Trump decides to be... Blunt, that's his way of doing things. I don't bother opposing it first of all because, again, I don't mind it, and secondly because it's useless: it's not that he'll change just because I want him to (which I don't). If anything I appreciate that he speaks his mind openly about things, instead of trying to put up this nauseating façade of perfection and purity that every politician constructs. If you think he's an asshole at least consider the fact that he has the decency to be honest about it. That's respectable.

You've been doing it already but with Obama's administration it appears that you've become more lenient with immigration policies, that or they just aren't keeping up with these times of increasing immigrant pressure. Trump merely wants to strengthen and render them more adequate, and that also implies keeping dangerous demographics out of the country. Trump's much more discriminate than you make him out to be: he's banned only certain muslim countries, not all of them, those with the highest chance to send in terrorists. If he chose to do so it's in the interest of every American's safety, including yours. I really don't understand this persistence of the left to oppose this: virtue signalling, showing everyone how forward thinking they are, how ''open-minded'' is more important than protecting compatriots from a foreign threat that has already killed hundreds of Westerners? As for the vetting process, banning those countries altogether helps cut the costs of processing every single person that has to enter the US. That cash can thus be used for more useful things instead of for letting in people that hate you and your nation anyway. Trump's isn't an end-all solution but it helps reduce the risks. It's unfortunate that good willed people that genuinely want to have a better life are caught in the crossfire but our needs come before theirs, and our primary need is safety. We don't know who these people are, we cannot trust them especially when they come from countries with troubling backgrounds. Personally, I'd have banned every single Middle Eastern nation. Better be safe than sorry I say

''Losing the trust of our allies''. Are you referring to european countries? Trump didn't make any ally lose their trust, it's just the predominantly leftist elite that doesn't like him that's throwing a fit but it's not that decades long alliances will be cut because of it. America will not ''be fucked'', the US has gone through much worse than a merely unpopular president (to one half of the population that is). Besides, any president comes to power he's always ''the worst president ever'', either for one guy or the other. He probably won't be any better or any worse than the one before him, or the one after him for that matter. So yeah, don't be so negative man, Trump really is a non-problem, it's only been depicted as such by a heavily biased media uninterested in informing even their own ''faction'' but only concerned with making money, thus you can immagine how truthful these sensationalists can be

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM
    Yakamaru likes this.
  21. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

Now this I agree on

Yakamaru and BahgDaddy like this.
  22. Nastala

Nastala nerd

man lay off the ComedyCentral for a minute that stuff isn't healthy

23. ChromaticRabbit

As someone who says "Freedom is what you have inside," you should appreciate the importance of being Enlightened; situational awareness is always preferable to not having it. Print journalism from credible sources is really better than television because it helps to cultivate a more intellectual and self-paced thoughtful approach.

Beatle9 and BahgDaddy like this.
  24. BahgDaddy

I agree, although I generally voice my thoughts in what I hope to be a more readily understood manner. For instance, what do you define as Enlightned, and why did you capitalize it?

Situational awareness is good, but what do you mean by this? I view it as having good awareness of situations, ie when being involved with something in public, being able to discern what people are doing and reacting to them accordingly. Which is still vague but I can clarify further.

Television is ok, especially if we watch documentaries or perhaps shows which deliberately attempt to foster critical thinking instead of simply being entertaining. Entertainment is fine, but it's like junk food. Consume too much and the brain atrophies.

Beatle9 and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  25. ChromaticRabbit

Oh, the capitalization is intended to make clear it's a reference to Enlightenment Age philosophy, e.g.: Age of Enlightenment - Wikipedia

Being not only aware of the situation but able to place it in the context of millennia, or heck, even just the last century and half of civilization in an objective manner. Realizing how principles and values that define the free world are literally being attacked from within a system that has been corrupted and thereby subverted to outside whims that defy all the principles we created liberal democratic government to elevate, and how none of us are going to be able to escape the degrading consequences to human flourishing, spiritual freedom, and equitable material progress. Some of us are unwilling to live the dystopia they'll inevitably create if allowed to, and so, we have this exciting future of civil strife to look forward to unless things are put back on the path of credible liberal democracy, rational governance with integrity and benevolent social responsibility is erected, and the bending of all efforts toward creating a sustainable humanist and natural world right now is pursued urgently, because, after all, tomorrow will be far too late.

BahgDaddy likes this.