Your Biggest Struggle When Creating Art?

Discussion in 'Art & Illustration' started by PrettyKitty13, Mar 18, 2017.

1. PrettyKitty13

PrettyKitty13 ..is allergic to chocolate ;~;

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to do some research and find topics to touch on and help people with on my illustration blog. Everyone struggles when it comes to creating. Even our artistic thought-leaders in the furry community. If you have the time, please answer this one question:

What is your biggest struggle when it comes to creating art?

If I get enough answers, I'd love to write an entire series with tips and tricks to combat those struggles!

Thanks!

~PK

2. Xaroin

Xaroin the Contradictory

Having an iphone 7 without a stylus using IOS photoshop because my parents would kill me if they see me drawing furry art

3. Mayple

Mayple Bunbun

my biggest struggle is the idea itself. It's like i want to draw but can't stick to an idea or find something I want to actually draw. Lol I'm indecisive.

4. Orcashia

Orcashia Blue Orca

artists block!

5. Whiskered

Whiskered New Member

Getting any feedback/comments on anything I do and finding some commissionersright now.

6. monsterlordgarou

monsterlordgarou New Member

The hardest part for me is actually finishing a piece! If I spend too long working on something I'll just lose the motivation to finish it or start seeing all the mistakes I've made and drop it for something else. Either that or I have so many ideas I want to draw that I just wanna get them out quickly instead of working on a finished, polished piece.
    And backgrounds, god I'm so lazy when it comes to backgrounds.

7. Kipekee Reddington

Kipekee Reddington All American Flying Foxdog

Art block is definitely one of them. I hate it when I get these. Comes in multiple forms for me:
    -Wanting to draw, but not drawing well
    -Not able to think of ideas
    -Having an idea, but not in the mood to draw.

It really drags me down.

Also, trying too hard to be perfect. Everyone should try to perfect their art, but if you try too hard it will mess itself up. Based on my experience, at least.

8. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

It's a time and energy thing for me, and sometimes I just feel so uncreative. Also I struggle with drawing elbows. :C

9. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

Receiving constructive comments.

But as for the process before the end product, making a workable sketch is always tricky.