Your Favorite Older/Underground Bands?

Discussion in 'Music and Audio' started by M4CH, Mar 28, 2017.

1. M4CH

M4CH Member

Looking for more music to study by.

My favorites so far: 3-Teeth, Front 242, NIN, Gary Numan, The Prodigy, Johnny Hollow, Collide, The Birthday Massacre, and Rammstein.

I tend to like industrial metal, dark-wave and electronic the most.

2. DusterBluepaw

DusterBluepaw [creative custom title]

I'm not sure if its more industrial or punk rock, but DRI and Dayglo Abortions are pretty cool and not well known.
    I recommend DRI - acid rain and Dayglo Abortions - isnt this disgusting

3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Mein Gott

Underground? You mean dead?

Michael Jackson

Only one who's underground atm.

M4CH and DusterBluepaw like this.
  4. Wolveon

Wolveon I swear I will not kill anyone

Have you listened to Fear Factory? They're an older/industrial metal band. They actually did a cover of Gary Numan's "Cars":

Yakamaru and Tezzy Fur like this.
  5. M4CH

M4CH Member

Okay, that deserves a like.

Yakamaru likes this.
  6. M4CH

M4CH Member

Oh yeah, I know fear factory. They're pretty good too.

7. M4CH

M4CH Member

They seem grunge/punk rock now that I've heard them. Industrial has more of an atmospheric vibe to it.

8. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

Oomph!, Absolute Body Control, Street Sects, Pan Sonic, Cabaret Voltaire, Die Krupps, Shed, Malhavoc, Dälek, Uniform, Perc, Vatican Shadow, Deutsch Nepal, Ice, Unicorn Hard-On, Wiseblood, Techno Animal, This Heat, The Young Gods.

In no particular order.

M4CH and Yakamaru like this.
  9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Mein Gott

*Breathes in*
    Boooooy.

Now I gotta check'em out. :p

10. Mandragoras

I like loud, ugly, weird music, and I like introducing it to people who will appreciate it.

Ravofox and M4CH like this.
  11. M4CH

M4CH Member

Can't believe I forgot about Voltaire! Similar to MLWTTKK, aren't they? All those stock footage clips... And Oomph!, Die Krupps, I know those too, but none of the others.

Thanks for the list, I'll check 'em out.

12. Mandragoras

The Cabs are one of the oldest industrial groups and basically did everything there was to do in that arena before straight up turning into a (really good) acid house act. Early on, though, they did a lot with film projections, particularly when they played live.

Die Krupps and Oomph! were the forebears of the New German Hardness, so when you mentioned Rammstein I felt obliged to point you to them.

13. M4CH

M4CH Member

Have you heard of Blam Honey? They're defunct now, but you might like them. I'm listening to Street Sects right now which jogged my memory of them.

14. Mandragoras

I have not! I shall look into them.

15. Ravofox

Ravofox And a few other fursonas as well

This isn't industrial, but I'd like to recommend Hüsker Dü (a 1980s hardcore/alternative band). They're relatively obscure now but they were heavily influential on alternative bands, such as Nirvana.
    They might be to your liking as they have a very raw, buzzsaw-like guitar distortion and a very atmospheric sound. See what you think:

M4CH likes this.
  16. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Prurient, The Rita, Raison d'Etre, Troum, Svartsinn, Wilt, The Gerogerigegege, Desiderii Marginis & More.

Yeah I'm big on Noise/Dark Ambient/Drone.

M4CH likes this.