Your opinion on anything.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Okami_No_Heishi, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Okami_No_Heishi

Okami_No_Heishi Very Happily Married For 16 And A Half Years

I am bored. Just did some chores around the house. Just watched a Youtube instant karma video where two brit cops had to arrest a drunken disorderly. And of course his sister had to interfere and ends up getting pepper sprayed. Of course, in my opinion, the police officers were in the right. They only have to tell you to do something once. If you don't obey then you get arrested, often timed with a good beat down or a tazer involved. But then in the comments, "I hate cops!, They have no right to do that! I'd beat those cops asses." Just crap like that. In my opinion the man and woman got what they deserved for being asshole drunks causing a disturbance. In my opinion, if you can't hold your liquer well, then you should probably stay at home, because most people hate drunken assholes that start bullshit.

2. Okami_No_Heishi

So what's your opinion on things. Trump versus Clinton. Russia vs USA. Gay marriage. Etc. Etc. Let us know. And hey! Keep it clean and be respectful of others opinions. Just because you don't agree with something doesnt mean you HAVE to be a jerk about it.

BlueWorrior likes this.
  3. Stormi

Stormi Guest

I actually agree with most, if not all of this. That being said however, asshole cops are not in short supply. The cops in my area get very bored because lol small town. Pulling over one person for speeding and there will be 2 other cops parked behind the one that pulled you over. It's laughable and embarrassing that my tax dollars go to this shit. They're less interested in catching criminals but will have a fucking field day if your tag light is out or if it's expired.

From what I've seen their 3 most popular stunts are:
    1. Writing speeding tickets
    2. Tag light being out
    3. Expired tag

Also for some reason I've never seen anyone get pulled over for not using their indicator signal despite the fact that almost everyone in my town can't properly use one. I know I'm a fairly stupid person but I'm at least competent in using my fucking turn signals.

Trump and Clinton.. hm. They're both morons fueled by money. Trump is a clown and Hillary is a crook. Choosing between the two of them is like picking between 2 different ways to die.

I 100% back gay marriage and because I unfortunately live in the deep south a lot of people are furious over the federal law being passed for it. I hate knowing that I'm from backwards ass Mississippi. It's humiliating. Our dumbass governor will pass any law so long as it has the words "Bible" and/or "Jesus" in it.

bhutrflai and Okami_No_Heishi like this.
  4. Okami_No_Heishi

Yeah, police in small towns still have that good old boy mentality. And they do seem to do crap like what you say just because they're bored. I think big city cops get a bad rap. Oyt of the hundred or more officers on the force, they all seem to be looked down upon because of the actions of one or just a few officers caught doing wrong.

Stormi likes this.
  5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Trump>Hillary.

Trump might seem like a clown to some people, but I'd rather have a bit of a clown who does what he actually says than a lying two-faced scumbag who goes around funding extremist groups.

The new WikiLeaks leaks are fucking brilliant.

AsheSkyler and BlueWorrior like this.
  6. BlueWorrior

BlueWorrior Subwoofer Extraordinaire

I gotta feel sorry for you guys, having to choose between trump & hillary. it's either an indecisive fool or a slimy corrupt bint.
    Honestly at this point I can see the arguments made for both sides, for trump I at least get that he'd be the subject of constant scrutinising from congress and probably paralysed from making his more extreme policies, while hillary will get a relatively easy ride because of her very safe, Milquetoast policies.
    I would still vote for hillary if I had to choose between them, though to be honest, I'd sooner vote third party than vote for any of them.
    This is at least my opinion on an election I won't be involved in and may not know everything about.
    Whatever happens though, I can't see America coming out of this better off...

7. Okami_No_Heishi

I honestly think they are both terrible fates for our nation. Time will tell.

8. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

So this is "Unpopular Opinions: The Thread"?
    Here's one that might get me some flak, but oh well.

I'm getting pretty sick of identity politics.
    So sick of it, in fact, that I'm starting to delete some subscriptions from my Facebook because pages I've once respected for sharing news and such about LGBT rights have turned into woo-woo pages supporting ideas that aren't founded in science, complaining at anyone calling them out, and in some strange turn of events, my transgender girlfriend being told that she has internalized trans-misogyny because we here ask for evidence for genders that are outside of the biological binary.

See, there's a large difference between physical, biological gender (not sex) that can be seen in the brain, with male and female brains having differing ratios of white to grey matter, and gender expression, which is psychological.
    There's a line between biology and psychology some people just refuse to see and it appears to be because people want to feel special. (Inflammatory, I know)

And with all the so-called 'evidence' I've seen for there being more than two genders, all the articles I've read talk about, for example the five genders of Bugis society: Male, Female, Trans Male, Trans Female, and Agender. (More or less)
    However, this isn't adding more genders to the list, just separating people trans and agender people and putting them into their own categories. It doesn't escape the binary whatsoever!

And then there are people who claim there are even MORE genders out there, but they all tend to just be names for different locations in the gender expression spectrum.
    I will admit that a person can express their gender identity differently by appearing feminine or masculine in different ways, and there are almost countless different ways to do this.
    You can even claim to be agender or bigender or genderqueer, but you are still within the male/female dichotomy.

I wished people would understand the difference between physical gender and psychological gender expression. Because there is a distinction and it's in the brain.

I'm not against turning over, either. But the study of trans brains have been physically done since the 90's (and studies of trans behavior since the 20's or so) and I'd really like to see some hard evidence of these other genders being more than psychological in nature.
    However, I doubt it since our bodies are built in ways that keep us within the dichotomy, with physical sex traits, testosterone and estrogen, sex chromosomes, and the gray/white matter ratio.
    Granted, these can all be mismatched or can be ignored due to things such as testosterone immunity, and they all have a part within the psyche of the person and how they see their self.

Even though gender expression can be exhibited in a spectrum of ways, this does not mean that each section on the spectrum is its own, completely separate gender.

drawain, AustinB, AsheSkyler and 3 others like this.
  9. BlueWorrior

This is a hard subject to tackle. All I have to say on it is I don't have any particularly strong feelings on identity politics, but I don't really care what you identify as, do what makes you feel more comfortable with yourself.
    Although, I have to wonder how many people who subscribe to specific identities (like the folks over at tumblr we like to make fun of) do it more for seeking attention than anything else.
    If you do it for the attention, then you're just needlessly spreading drama around.
    Reminds me of people who take pictures of products aimed at males and write lots and lots of words on how it's assuming genders or whatever. Like, maybe spend your time and energy on issues that actually matter? Or is that too much work?

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

AustinB, _Hushy, Guilleum2 and 3 others like this.
  11. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Indeed. Fuck identity "politics". There are only two genders. Our species have for millions of years been sexually dimorphic.

The penis or vagina you have does not suddenly stop "being" just because you imagine something else. Mental state does not equate physical state.

Lets say I want to order a package. On that package it says "Female". And with that package I expect a female, aka someone with a vagina. And boobs, lovely boobs. I've had occasions with Furries hitting on me that thought it meant MENTALLY female. Sorry, I don't want to simply IMAGINE the vagina. I want an ACTUAL vagina.

It's called transTRENDER. These MORONS jump onto the transgender train just to get attention.

Fuck'em. They ruin the good name and reputation of ACTUAL transgendered people.

12. Prometheus_Fox

Indeed.
    "Trans-Trender" is the term.
    It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't make what trans people have to go through with their dysphoria seem like a joke.
    There are people out there who claim to be trans who don't go through any of the mental issues trans people all go through and only seem to claim the title for the prestige.

I'm just wondering when it became popular to claim you have any mental issues... wait.
    Tumblr.
    Almost forgot.

Also, like you said, if you're happy with you, fine. But I require another caveat: make sure how you identify is the proper term and don't try shoving it down others' throats without some objective evidence for the thing existing. Otherwise the public has no reason to approve. (Even if they do, getting it is a whole other game anyways)

-----
    Aside from that, I don't think this opinion, but objective fact: Video adverts on FAF can suck my furry nuts.

BlueWorrior likes this.
  13. BlueWorrior

I unashamedly use ad-block everywhere I go.
    I hate adverts with a flaming passion.

_Hushy, AsheSkyler, Guilleum2 and 2 others like this.
  14. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

AdBlock and NoScript are fucking awesome, mate. If you're using Firefox NoScript is very, very useful.

BlueWorrior likes this.
  15. Prometheus_Fox

I unblock ads on places I frequently use or on YT videos of people I can't support elsewhere, like Patreon.

But goddamn, I hate embedded video ads with a passion.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  16. Okami_No_Heishi

It seems everyone wants their own labels. A label is just that, a word. People just need to let others be who they are without planting a label on them.

17. Prometheus_Fox

Doesn't help that we have language and have to find a word that roughly describes someone otherwise we won't know how to describe things.
    *shrug

18. Okami_No_Heishi

It can't just be "that person"? Why does it have to be "that black person"? Or "that transgender person"? Or "that gay person"? Or "that straight person"? I think just "that person" would be fine.

Yvvki and bhutrflai like this.
  19. Prometheus_Fox

You're problem is the use of unneeded descriptive terms.

Sure, if someone being gay isn't of importance to the situation, then it really doesn't need to be used.

But they are still attributes they have.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  20. Okami_No_Heishi

Granted. But they don't require a "label" to identify who they are. What were we talking about again?