Your opinion on anything.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Okami_No_Heishi, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Vegemite tastes like hell.

_Hushy likes this.
  2. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

Counter-point, Vegemite and Marmite taste completely different. Though, it may be merely two different hells.

ChapterAquila92 and Sarachaga like this.
  3. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Tip: don't lather it on your bread as if it's some other spread. It comes in a small can for a reason.

With some additional spices however, Marmite is really good on barbecued hashbrowns.

Sarachaga likes this.
  4. chaos_1152

chaos_1152 Guest

So now diet drinks are bad because a study showed few people who were fat already have no self control?. Also i love how you think I'm just a using diet drinks only when i go to the gym & barely eat sweets beyond the odd chocolate/salmiakki i get online.

Don't what's more cringy you downplaying sugars being garbage or you using really outdated myths on how diet coke is poison. That study ignores that serious diet drinkers wouldn't won't anything sugary since there now changed tongue, sugary stuff is sickly sweet. To me dr pepper, pepsi/coke & rockstar are tastless syrup.

Also the 38 years meant other stuff like diet pepsi and other before diet coke, but why I'm bothering since getting your touchy & judgmental now?. Because I'm not a walking stereotype that gulps 4 burgers with a large diet coke.

5. Lcs

Lcs Woof

It's not quite that.

According to some studies, artificial sweeteners increase sugar cravings because they aren't a natural source of sugar and the brain desires the authentic thing. As a result, this can mean that one is encouraged to consume fattening foods.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  6. katalistik

katalistik Still friendly.

Clorox bleach is better than mountain dew.My opinion,right?

Rykhoteth likes this.
  7. Lcs

Lcs Woof

All alcohol, with the exception of white wine, tastes horrible.

8. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

If you are implying that champagne tastes bad, that means war,right now :p.

Simo and Lcs like this.
  9. ChapterAquila92

Even Belgian Wit served with a slice of orange? Heresy!

aloveablebunny and Lcs like this.
  10. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

If you are not adding the prerequisite amount of brandy/whiskey/rum/speyside scotch, then it is nasty.
    1) Must be cold!
    2)Must have liquor in it. Sorry, no liquor, it's eggmilk punch.
    3) Must have cinnamon and nutmeg. Must have.

Further, diet drinks are a pox upon society. If they were used as originally intended, as a beverage to consume with your meals, that would be okay. However, I see this all the time. Someone goes into a fast food or regular restaurant and orders enough food for three people. Then just to show the world, they are on a diet, order an extra-large diet drink! If you give a lab rat an overdose of anything, they will die. Same goes for the diet drink chuggers that can't be seen without a drink in their hand!

A friend, dead now (he was diabetic, too) used to go into a fast food place and buy whatever was the biggest things on the menu. He was five foot six and about two-hundred and sixty pounds on a very light day. He found out about In-And-Out's Four By Four. One pound of meat on a bun. But no, he had to have a large order of fries and a milkshake with it, too. Glassy-eyed after he ate, every time. Would never test his blood sugar so we could see how bad it was.

By the way, I'm diabetic, a Type 2. Been that way for 12 years. It's not fun. All I have to do is look at a sugar bowl and my blood sugar jumps up fifty points.

ChapterAquila92 and -AlphaLupi like this.
  11. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

I water down my Mtn Dew with Clorox for this reason. It's also healthier.

katalistik likes this.
  12. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

What is everyone's obsession with digitigrade feet?

Sure, they look good on some characters, but on others, they look completely out of place.

13. ChapterAquila92

Rule of cool for some, paw fetish for others, etc.

Saying this as someone who doesn't really put much thought into the shapes of their characters' feet, most of my anthro characters are plantigrade by default; the few that are not usually have a dose of reality applied to them, seeing as no one, in a civilization utterly dominated by plantigrade people, produces commercial digitigrade footwear in the sizes they need.

14. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

Exactly. It really doesn't mesh with a world where footwear would ordinarily be necessary. All of my characters are plantigrade as well.

15. ChapterAquila92

The downsides to being out of the norm, really. Just from my time spent working with Soldier On, I can definitely say that it's quite expensive to have such specialized needs when you're paying out of pocket.

Of course, this would be a different story if the characters live in a world where digitigrade feet were the norm and not the exception, as their footwear industry would have developed accordingly.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Sarachaga likes this.
  16. DAREK

DAREK New Member

17. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox This is what the fandom did to me!

With society progressing the way it is, one day, saying someone is acting straight will be akin to saying someone is acting gay.

18. Mr. Fox

George Carlin was one of the most influential and intelligent people of his time. I particularly like his skit on words and I miss the bastard.

For your viewing pleasure.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  19. _Hushy

_Hushy Socially uncomfortable, verbally clumsy~

Society? Progressing?

20. Mr. Fox

Tell me about it... -_-
    JK Rowling is a phenomenal writer but is a massive jerk.

AustinB and _Hushy like this.