Your opinion on anything.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Okami_No_Heishi, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I don't know about that.

She doesn't seem particularly much like a jerk to me. I don't follow her on social media or anything like that, but I haven't seen anything bad from her. I have read a lot about her philanthropy work though - supposedly she has donated so much that she lost her billionaire status. Not too bad, eh?

Ravofox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

I was referring to this.

Also, this fandom needs a little George Carlin in their lives. In fact, everyone needs a little George Carlin in their lives.

AustinB and Jarren like this.
  3. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I really dislike that guy. From the video, I did enjoy when he started getting all salty over PewDiePie's number of subscribers though.

Anyways, I already knew you were referring to that situation. However, if someone were to have the same viewpoint as you that what she wrote was incorrect, that still doesn't make her a jerk - just misinformed.

4. Mr. Fox

Jerk:
    - an annoyingly stupid or foolish person <was acting like a jerk>
    - an unlikable person; especially : one who is cruel, rude, or small-minded <a selfish jerk>

In this circumstance, I'd say she falls under both categories.

And yeah, he can be a little annoying, but I like some of his rants when I need a reality check...

5. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Not really. Surely if she was unlikable and stupid, she wouldn't have managed to become so successful. I suppose it's subjective, but I don't see her as showing either of those qualities.

Assuming you have the same view as the guy in the video, then the only fault was that she was misinformed on PewDiePie's videos.

Also, even if you disagree with JK Rowling's views, she was just expressing them. This sort of links with this thread. In the thread, the OP complains about people who are too sensitive, only for himself to do the exact same with the people he rants about.

As for The Amazing Atheist, he epitomises what a fedora stands for. Do not like.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  6. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

My opinion on anything? I don't know. I just flow with whatever as long as it isn't some PC social justice fruitcake liberal crap. And no, I'm not an "alt-right fascist". I actually consider myself a liberal. I'm just tired of these special snowflakes with 6 gorillion genders complaining about "cis white males" and "nazis". If you're going to harass and insult somebody for not thinking the way you think, and if you're going to force somebody to live your lifestyle and not their own, that's fascist. A lot of these PC idiots are hypocritical when it comes to that type of thing. Not to mention all of these riots run by absolute morons. They do nothing but attack people and cause damage to their surroundings. They go out of their way to attack and hurt anybody with differing opinions. Which is literally the definition of fascism. But yeah, other than that, I'm mostly neutral on stuff.

7. Mr. Fox

So as I'm laying here in bed collecting the last of my thoughts before I drift off into the inevitable temporary death that we call sleep, I was thinking about just how fucking weird Americans really are. Since I seem to have a boner for ripping on the fandom these days I'll use that as an example. Think about it, one day a bunch of horny fuckers obsessing over anthropomorphic animals came up with the brillent idea that an entire fandom should orientate around it. Now don't get me wrong, I like being furry and a bit of a special snowflake, or else I wouldn't be a part of it, but I can't help but wonder if any other culture on Earth could've come up with the idea that is the furry fandom.

I think George Carlin was right, when you're born in America you get a front-row seat to the freakshow. Now where did I put that pen and paper???

8. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is actually alright

9. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Genwunners are so annoying! :p

msgrandpabacon likes this.
  10. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

Its certainly an interesting thought, but I don't think it worked out that way. More or less a snowball effect, a few people took interest in the topic (if I remember correctly it was just informal meetings at a geek convention), and from there more and more people took interest and kinda caught on. Conventions started, the internet took notice and now here we are. If it didn't originate in America it most likely would have came from Japan (they also have a large furry presence, an an arguably weirder collection of subcultures). If you're interested in learning about our origins, I would recommend checking out Fred Patten. He is a historian that wrote quite a few books on the topic (as well as some other subcultures)

11. Tezzy Fur

Tezzy Fur Active Member

Will somebody at 20th century fox pppllleeeeeaaaasssseeee take The Simpsons behind the barn with a shotgun and put it out of its misery. It's horrible to watch a show we all loved creak along like a 17 year old blind, arthritic, incontinent sheep dog. It's time to call the vet and do the kindest thing for everyone involved.

So...puppies are awesome right? :p

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    msgrandpabacon and Lcs like this.
  12. FluffyShutterbug

Heh... Yeah, I agree. I think Matt Groenig has gone senile. See some of the recent couch gags? They were... surreal. Yeah, the show is nothing like the early episodes, which were rather good, actually.

Tezzy Fur likes this.
  13. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

I know right? To say the Simpsons is way past it's prime is an understatement.

Ravofox likes this.
  14. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

While we're at it. Family Guy is a pathetic excuse for comedy, it snatches the low hanging fruit and laboriously consume it for a painful 20+ minutes. It's a bunch of shitty 80's pop culture references. It's not clever, it's the lowest common denominator.

AustinB likes this.
  15. FluffyShutterbug

Heh... Even dummies are a demographic that needs to be catered to, eh?

16. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Another issue is when it sets up satire, it makes it too obvious what it is. You are supposed to set up a parallel to get people thinking, not just laughing. Too many times does it blatantly reference the subject of the joke.

17. FluffyShutterbug

I have a question. What's your opinion of the satire in the GTA games?

18. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Never played a GTA game.

19. Ravofox

Ravofox And a few other fursonas as well

Do you mean on like the radio stations? I've only been coerced into playing GTA a couple of times by a friend, but I remember the radio station ads making fun of exposure therapy, e.g 'I was worried about my children getting hurt, so I stabbed them.' I thought it was kind of darkly humorous, but still pretty disturbing; that's pretty much GTA in a nutshell.

20. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

For the most part it's stupid but usually gets a good laugh out of me

Ravofox likes this.