Your Opinion on Apple

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by FluffyShutterbug, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Corrupt-Canine

Corrupt-Canine Active Member

I don't like Apple products. Their computers don't have a lot of physical customization options. I just like other company products better.
    And their smartphones aren't that great.

2. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

We had them in Uni, I remember going into the Mac hub and I thought it was so space-age and hi-tech at the time, I thought I was the dog's for gettin gto use one of these XD

Now they just look like cute little fruity bubbles XD

*Good times...*

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  3. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 The night is my solace; the day is my prime

My opinion of Apple? Overrated products made by an idiot design team, but the stock (AAPL) is a hot commodity. Interesting combination...

4. Cancer. Pure, consumerist cancer. It had it's humble beginnings and really advanced the PC community but now Apple has become a joke. It's "user friendly" at the expense of the user's ability to modify the system. Apple is also making it so that you legally /have/ to go into their stores (which are on par with the DMV with the long lines, smell of sweat and being surrounded by the genpop) to get your devices serviced. Also the proprietary features are terrible and you cannot uninstall them.
    Not just saying that because I'm a microsoft fanboy because their OS is a security risk. Microsoft is trying so hard to become apple by playing their dirty games, like taking away your inability to uninstall proprietary features. Also, google PRISM.

Simo likes this.
  5. Puffinca

Puffinca New Member

You actually can uninstall the "core apps" that come pre-downloaded. All you have to do to get them back is go to the App Store.

6. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

For me, Apple is a hit/miss company.

They hit their stride a long time ago and really brought the home computer market to the fore, but agreeing with some users here before me, Apple have done away with innovation and now seek dominance at the cost of user flexibility.
    Yes I have a couple of Apple devices and yes I have some Microsoft ones too (not a surface or lumia or anything like that, just the OSes), but I'm not biased either way on any of them.

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  7. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Especially because they teased us with whimsical and happy creations like the iMac and iBook G3, only to go with cold aluminum and black plastic... Even their top-of-the-line Power Mac was quirky. It was even called "The Smurf Tower":
    [​IMG]

PixelVixen likes this.
  8. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

Oh my goodness! I so remember those things in my Uni days XD

I came close to throwing one out of the *non existant, proverbial* window because it was just so slow and shitty...BUT I LOVED IT XD

9. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

What I think of it in one word? Overpriced. That and the way they market their products as if they were hot shit makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. It's just a cellphone/computer

Ah, by the way, I almost forgot, here's a video that makes me question the intelligence of some of its consumers... It's a fun watch

10. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Apple is great for people who want to spend 4 times as much for a product with half as much power, durability and function.

11. LoEM_1942

LoEM_1942 Curse of The FenceHat™

Apple is a totalitarian dictatorship:
    The price is high and more of the same (just at a different size so you have to repurchase your accessories). Everything goes to iclouds held by the big A. Any problem results in a wipe to an idealistic slate. Worship the 'i'. Pay three times the money for accessories that should have come with the product. Woe to you if you forget your papers (password).

Microsoft is a democratic capitalism:
    The price is low, yet you're always paying for varying levels of success and failure. Trips on itself in a lot of cases. You can vote all you want for what you want, but in the end it all comes down to paying for more bugfixes that circle back around to more of the same. Are you sure?

End result? Same as politics, it's just what flavor of flatulence you want to eat.