Your PC

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by Kioskask, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Eurobeat Wolf

Indeed.

Garage doors painted white with posters on'em. :p

2. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

This bothers me way more than it should

3. stimpy

stimpy you're not using Windows XP?

[​IMG] This is my machine, not much but it does the 4 main things I need to do. Play gta iv, MSTS, CSGO and the pokies

4. Dino_Nerd

Dino_Nerd Rawr

[​IMG]
    ^ My setup ^

[​IMG]
    ^ My PCs ^

Raspberry pi 3B running Raspbian on the left
    Latte Panda running windows 10 on the right

I have two external hard disks that I use for storing most of my data, and just hook them up as needed.

Generic Fox and -AlphaLupi like this.
  5. Hollandicus

Hollandicus New Member

My battlestation is a hackintosh (a pc built and rigged to run OSX)! his name is Ambrose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I ... might have named him after a porygon i have in one of my pokemon games.

took me literally a week to get all the low-level stuff working so he would boot, but i've had him for about two years now and he's extremely stable.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" SSD & Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
    Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse: Logitech G500 Wired Laser Mouse

6. Druky!

Druky! New Member

Upgrading your RAM probably isn't going to be your best option... you're running an i5-4600 but you only have a GTX 650; you should match that i5 with a better GPU with performance like the GTX 960/AMD R9 380, these are older cards, their newer generation cards are the RX 470 and the GTX 1060

7. (Crow)

(Crow) is this housepets

3rd gen ipod touch (don't have pc). I use neighbor's wi-fi because here internet is expensive and I think he doesn't even use internet so whatever

8. Generic Fox

Generic Fox King of Autotune

My computer is a libreboot thinkpad x200 running trisquel gnu/linux-libre.

9. SuperShermanTanker

SuperShermanTanker New Member

My workstation/gaming PC with a i5 4690k overclocked to 4.2ghz at 1.18 volts with a Antec AIO unit on top of it I also have 2 1tb hdds and one 3tb hdd and a 500gh hdd in a hotswap bay and a 270gb ssd for the boot drive. It also has 16gb of ram and a 8gb reference AMD Radeon RX 480 as the main GPU and a Sappire Radeon R7 240 that has no display hooked up to it and does calculations for a program called Folding@Home. All of it is powered by a Corsair 750watt 80+ bronze PSU and I'm using a Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 motherboard.
    (Will update with pics when I get the chance to compress the immages to be less then 1mb in size)

10. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

[​IMG]
    The monitor is from 2008, although it became mine 4 years later, when my brother, my dad and I had our own PCs each. The res is 1680 x 1050, if I'm not wrong.

Also I'm GLAD I bought this case (Cooler Master Elite 130). First it was merely aesthetic, but also due the shape, it has a mucb better gravity center. I mean, that's the best place I could place in my room... Since I also use a sketchbook on my desk.

I built the PC with my brother on late September. It was my 1st built. My brother has built quite a few for a decade, but I think it was his first mini-ITX.

Specs time!

i5-6500
    ASUS H110I PLUS
    MSI GTX 950 GAMING 2
    2 x 8GB Crucial DDR4
    SSD Crucial 256 GB
    HDD WD 1TB Blue
    Seasonic 620w

I bought one of the ram sticks and the HDD two months later. I'm kinda regretful for not buying a modular PSU... Kinda a pain cleaning my PC. Should had spent just a few more bucks.

I reseached everything on: SoloTodo, a site that compares component prices from all stores of a few South american countries; a couple of FB art groups; LinusTechTips' forum and YouTube channel. Before I didn't even know about compatibilities of each piece, and I knew it was easy to learn. My brother and brother in law merely helped me on saving my budget a bit when I asked for help afterwards.

Am I happy with this? FUCK YES! At first I was afraid it wasn't going to be enough, but those PC gamers surely have elitist perspectives. It wasn't cheap after all! I just wanted a good PC for 3D rendering and drawing, and don't upgrade for years (maybe only the GPU if I make 3D an income).

Redout is the only modern game I have atm. It runs at 60fps half of the time with all settings max. The worst is like 20fps, but that's only like 1% of the time.

So yeah! Long live my PC.

ACaracalFromWork likes this.
  11. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

GPU: MSI Gefore GTX 1070 Quicksilver
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Fomula-Z CPU
    Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon liquid cooler
    Power: Corsair 750W 80+ platinum power supply
    Storage: 500gb Ram: 16gb
    Monitor: 29' LG extra wide

12. Ralph Randall

Ralph Randall New Member

pcspecs.jpeg
    I'd show you my setup but it's a little messy :p

13. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

[​IMG]

My current desktop setup. It changes often, sometimes I sit on the couch.

Obligatory Specs:

Nvidia GTX960M
    Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz
    8 GB Ram (expandable)
    1TB Storage
    And 64 bit Windows 10 Home

ACaracalFromWork likes this.
  14. DennyFrontier

DennyFrontier Noir York City

15. Martin2W

Martin2W Sergaling like a sir

I have shitty pc that I assembled in 2013. I5 4670, 8gb ram, gtx 770, asus h81m-a, strike x one case, 650w raider psu.

16. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

That doesn't sound shitty, if you ask me...

17. Martin2W

maybe, just needs gpu upgrade

18. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

[​IMG]
    Your GPU has a slightly better performance than mine... But it's already falling back in DirectX support.

As for the rest of your components, if gaming is the most demanding task you do on your PC, I think you won't need any upgrade soon. I haven't seen any game that requires more than 8GB of ram, and you have a 4th gen of Intel Core, which is very similar to the newer ones.

19. Martin2W

Actually there
    Vega would be my next upgrade.

20. _Hushy

_Hushy Socially uncomfortable, verbally clumsy~

CPU i5 4690k overclocked from 3.5 to 4.66Ghz
    RAM @ 2400mhz OC (10-12-12-20)
    GPU 2 AMD Radeon HD6950's in crossfire with unlocked 6970 shaders and clocks.
    Only SSD storage.
    PC.jpg

AMD <3

Augmented Husky likes this.